Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Spins posted:

It's so good, better than the book which is of course rare as hell

The book has recurring subplot of Sonny Corleone's wife having a huge vagina that only Sonny could fill.

I haven't read it, but... ugh. Authors are such perverts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

interwhat posted:

Maybe it was my dad just bullshitting me, or the op is just being facetious, but wasn't it acknowledged that James Caans character was an adoptive "Mick"?

No that's Robert Duvall's character, Tom Hagan.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Mama-Mia!
Papa-Pia!
Stick your head
In diarrhea!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

There is no Godfather III. I ain't ever seen it. It's a myth. An urban legend. Something people bring up just to pull a prank on others.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I remember back in the day perusing the giant Leonard Maltin movie guide and it proclaimed The Godfather Epic was even greater than Godfathers I & II. It was one of apparently a couple different official edits of Godfather I & II into a single chronological work. HBO recently made it available for streaming. Anybody check it out and care to opine if Leonard Maltin was full of crap or if he was on to something?

I hate it. It takes everything from Godfather I & II and puts it into chronological order. That means you get the DeNiro as Vito Corleone stuff all at the very beginning, then Godfather I, then the Michael Corleone stuff from Godfather II.

I much prefer the original cuts of the two films separately. The Vito Corleone origin story flows much better when it's interstitial. That's the way it was designed to be. You kill the flow of the Godfather II material when you isolate it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

You know there's no way Leonard Maltin actually wrote all of that giant movie guide of his. I'm not even sure human life is long enough to have watched all those movies!

He's a guest of Doug Loves Movies at least once a year, and they used to have a "Leonard Maltin Game, " where they'd read Maltin's description of a movie, and then try to guess the movie. You'd think Leonard Maltin would have an unfair advantage, but he could not remember anything he (supposedly) wrote for poo poo.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BTW I'm doing this completely NAKED! ;)

Is this so you can poo poo on the floor and roll around in it when the movie gets bad?

I'm no longer naked fyi

Oh... never mind.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Wow Christopher Lambert as an Italian mobster?!

For those who don't immediately recognize the name... that's The Highlander, and also Rayden in the first Mortal Kombat movie.

Why does this French guy keep getting cast as every nationality EXCEPT a Frenchman?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I just had a wave of existential terror hit me that nobody's actually F5'ing this thread or anything and I'm truly facing this movie all alone :stare:

What movie? I told you there is no Godfather III. You're just typing up fan fiction ITT.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

LabyaMynora posted:

What movie? I told you there is no Godfather III. You're just typing up fan fiction ITT.

Also, your ideas are bad and you should feel bad.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

You're such a jealous hater. I bet you if this was turned into a real movie it would be nominated for 7 academy awards! I bet you!

OMG I HAD NO IDEA. :stonk:
code:
63rd Academy Awards
Best Picture / Godfather III / Nominated
Best Director / Francis Ford Coppola / Nominated
Best Actor in a Supporting Role / Andy García / Nominated
Best Music, Original Song / "Promise Me You'll Remember" / Nominated
Best Art Direction-Set Decoration / Dean Tavoularis and Gary Fettis / Nominated
Best Cinematography / Gordon Willis / Nominated
Best Film Editing / Barry Malkin, Lisa Fruchtman, and Walter Murch / Nominated
LOL, what trash!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Supreme Allah posted:

Imagine posting 7 pages into a godfather thread and thinking the gigantic gaping cavernous pussy almost as big as your moms hasn't been discussed 500 times.

I just had a thought... is Big Pussy, the character from The Sopranos, a reference to The Godfather the book?

:psyboom:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

How many more minutes do you got left?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pretty sure a man with a dick as big as 3 coke cans would pass out every time he got a boner.

All the the blood needed to fill that penis has to come out of somewhere else.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

In other news, the guy who played Carlo, Gianni Russo, just released his autobiography, apparently here are the highlights:

Sounds like a crock of poo poo from someone who suffers from borderline personality disorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SimonCat posted:

That makes sense but it also seems like he had Sonny when he was 15 years old.

Edit: James Caan was 32 when they made The Godfather. I'm just bad at guessing actors ages.

People in old movies seem older to us partially because of fashion and hair styles and what not.