Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

did they have the gabagool during this era?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Vakal posted:

I also liked when he shoots the fat guy in the face in the restaurant and the guy quickly finishes eating before he dies.

hell I'd do that too, tbh

"Can't...let the ....gabagool..... go ta waste..."

*dies with a clean dish in front*

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Hooooly cow is Godfather II like the epitome of 70s excess where cokehead studio execs went ahead and let auteur directors just go wild with their prestige pics hoping to nab some of that sweet, sweet prestige and credibility dollars. Like suddenly The Godfather is now a 220 minute (it has an intermission(!!)) history-spanning globe-trotting epic and it's like every other scene takes place during an extravagant celebration with hundreds of extras because they gave Francis Ford Coppola a truckload of money to burn. It's like if they edited in all the key scenes from Episodes I, II, III (with Robert Deniro playing Anakin Skywalker) throughout The Empire Strikes Back, that's how ridiculously huge Godfather Part Two is.

Now before you all get on my case about sacrilege or whatever I do think this is a masterfully crafted movie but drat you can see how this flick inspired self-indulgent messes like Heaven's Gate and Star Trek: The Motion Picture and eventually killed the whole 70s era of gritty dramas dead.

Post your thoughts on Godfather 3 when you finish it :)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

ok hear me out. Godfather 3 but with Al Pacino playing Michael like Tony Montana

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I think the way she delivers the line "Why don't you get your WHORE to do it for you" while breaking dishes was really authentic considering how many times I've seen women do that IRL

"Babe, for the last time, that's my mother and could you please stop calling her that?"