Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

So that makes it six auction and five snake and whoever is left I hope you vote auction so we don't have to go to a tiebreaker: naked oiled up hog wrestling.

Anyone who voted snake because they might be anxious about auction, I was anxious last year but found I really preferred it. It turns the draft from just a passive thing where you wait around to a game in of itself. And you get to laugh at morons like that guy who spent $13 on Duke Johnson last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Auction is God

10/11 people can do Tuesday, August 20th and 10/11 can do Tuesday August 27th. Funkybottoms, Deedee Megadoodoo can we tweak the time to accomodate you? I'd be willing to put on a disguise and show up to your work for you.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Make sure you click the link and mark down your preferences.

https://doodle.com/poll/wc9fpufmk2scpdyg

Gonna give until Midnight EST Saturday to get all our preferences down, in case it looks like we'll be drafting early early next week

Yeah, it's past midnight. Calling it for auction (given the only possible results are tie bullshit or, well, for auction) and I guess we need to decide whether to have the draft on August 20th or 27th. If either Funkybottoms or Deedee Megadoodoo can make one of those work that's great. If we can't get a unanimous vote I'm proposing the 27th on the off chance one or more players' heads explode during week 3 preseason games.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
i'd already marked the 27th as okay, and looking at my work schedule i think the 20th is also doable

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

i'd already marked the 27th as okay, and looking at my work schedule i think the 20th is also doable

Deedee'd had the opposite problem so if you can make the 20th work that's great.

So Tuesday August 20th, 8:00 until whenever we're finished. I'll set it up later today. Anybody who doesn't have auction experience, ESPN (and I'm guessing elsewhere) does have mock auction drafts you can take part in. Recommend you try 1 or 2 to get the gist of it.

Cooking breakfast or I'd have a little more to say now. Anyway auctions rule.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Deedee'd had the opposite problem so if you can make the 20th work that's great.

So Tuesday August 20th, 8:00 until whenever we're finished. I'll set it up later today. Anybody who doesn't have auction experience, ESPN (and I'm guessing elsewhere) does have mock auction drafts you can take part in. Recommend you try 1 or 2 to get the gist of it.

Cooking breakfast or I'd have a little more to say now. Anyway auctions rule.

In the main FF thread I made a 6-step guide to getting up-to-speed quickly for those who are new to auctions:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888252&pagenumber=40&perpage=40#post497313736

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Aug 18, 2019

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I can do the 20th. The 27th is my birthday and I will be brewery hopping around Portland Maine until I black out and vomit in the hotel bathtub.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

In the main FF thread I made a 6-step guide to getting up-to-speed quickly for those who are new to auctions:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888252&pagenumber=40&perpage=40#post497313736

Read it, thanks.

I'm also inordinately proud of myself because I was already doing some of the stuff in there last year without any guidance. :c00lbutt:

deedee megadoodoo posted:

I can do the 20th. The 27th is my birthday and I will be brewery hopping around Portland Maine until I black out and vomit in the hotel bathtub.

:monocle: Excuse me sir but getting incredibly drunk on beer is not the kind of thing we tolerate here in the Something Awful Fantasy Football Goon Beer League!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Drunk Nerds posted:

Thanks for this. I did a fantasy basketball auction draft last year and had no clue what I was doing.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I, Zam :toxx:  on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): Auction
Date/Time: Anything works for me. Looks like it will be tomorrow, and that works for me.

In league news from last year, Quiet Feet generously donated a second box to make up for (1) of the (2) that flaked and never sent beer out. Thank you Quiet Feet!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I thought the alchemist went out of business? Was that just a rumor?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

I thought the alchemist went out of business? Was that just a rumor?

Oh lord no. Quick and dirty version is that their original location got destroyed in a flood and they rebuilt in Stowe a little ways away. We usually take a long weekend up in that area there every year. It's always packed though they do a good job to keep he lines moving.

Also you're welcome Zam! :cheers:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
ESPN just notified me the draft is tomorrow.

Is that correct?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

That is correct.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

ESPN just notified me the draft is tomorrow.

Is that correct?

Yup, prepare for the awesome power of numbers and shouting

I'll make a google hangout so I can stare you down

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yup, prepare for the awesome power of numbers and shouting

I'll make a google hangout so I can stare you down

Did google change the max users for hangouts? Last time we tried to do that during the draft it maxed out at 10. I can't remember what we used last year.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Did google change the max users for hangouts? Last time we tried to do that during the draft it maxed out at 10. I can't remember what we used last year.

I think it's still ten, but usually 2 owners just dont have the bandwidth or desire to joined. Is that not true in here? Last time I did iso there were 16 teams

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Drunk Nerds posted:

I think it's still ten, but usually 2 owners just dont have the bandwidth or desire to joined. Is that not true in here? Last time I did iso there were 16 teams

I think it's better to use a service where everyone can join if they want. Maybe discord.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I can make a draft room in our football absurdity discord. Will miss seeing people and striking terror in their eyes with my stoic gaze, but we can have all 12 owners in there

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

man, i'm so not trying to look at anyone

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

funkybottoms posted:

man, i'm so not trying to look at anyone

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm actually a 430 pound nudist trucker named Meatus, you don't want to see me.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Here we made a special discord room for chatting during the auction, which is always super fun
https://discord.gg/TNmXHt

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:siren: 30 minutes to draft time! Draft room is up! :siren:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Welp, my depth is craaaaaaaap hope nobody gets hurt.

Edit: oh my god what have I done

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 21, 2019

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I hate my team. Welp.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I’m too scared to even see what my team looks like as a whole.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

I’m too scared to even see what my team looks like as a whole.

Look man as long as you draft four quarterbacks everyone knows your'e set

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Did something different this year and pretty sure I'll have the worst season yet. Based on the draft, I needed at least two more QBs on my roster.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I drafted a whole bunch of players that I didn’t want!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My team is bad and I will die

Edit: yeah, I went stars and scrubs without even meaning to place and my team sucks and I will probably be in last place.

Further edit; yeah, I'm hosed as soon as there is an injury.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 21, 2019

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I don't mind trading some of my quarterbacks, for the right offer

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Honestly, for losing power two minutes in, I like my team. How the hell did I get Michael Thomas for less than $50?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Can someone post the teams and prices? I need to laugh at y'all.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I had a great time joking around with you all on the discord!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Can someone post the teams and prices? I need to laugh at y'all.

Posted mine in the main thread. Laugh away.

Lord knows I've probably earned it I am so hosed if anyone gets injured.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I overpaid for Alvin Kamara, but I wanted to draft him, so whatever

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

NickRoweFillea posted:

If you really wanted him then you can never overpay. It's like dating the partner of your dreams, it doesn't matter if you take them out to overpriced dates as long as you get laid.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

guy who won our work league last year steamrolled everyone with the Kamara/Brees combo

i'm gonna lose, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think I'm the only guy who loves their team. Too bad half of them won't play week one.