Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Quiet Feet posted:

Posted mine in the main thread. Laugh away.

Lord knows I've probably earned it I am so hosed if anyone gets injured.

Holy gently caress $73 for CMC and $3 for a kicker?!?! You're sick, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Chichevache posted:

I can't think of a better roster to mock than mine. I love it and am terrified of it. (It's in the main thread)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Chichevache posted:

Eh. McCaffrey was the last of the big 4 RBs left and I wanted to have a piece. It's over but possibly worth it.

I know theoretically kickers are worthless but I've never seen the point in taking 7th string WR Scrubman Hosepecker who will likely never play a down instead of a top kicker. I'm not going to nudge it terribly far past that but :shrug:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sataere posted:

I can't think of a better roster to mock than mine. I love it and am terrified of it. (It's in the main thread)

Yeah, dude, you spent $100 on two running backs that haven't even committed to playing this season. If they come back, great move, but that's a lot of money to tie up in a potential Lev Bell situation.

I really wanted to join this league, but I thought you guys were drafting on a work day for me. Oh well. Maybe next year.

Quiet Feet posted:

Eh. McCaffrey was the last of the big 4 RBs left and I wanted to have a piece. It's over but possibly worth it.

I know theoretically kickers are worthless but I've never seen the point in taking 7th string WR Scrubman Hosepecker who will likely never play a down instead of a top kicker. I'm not going to nudge it terribly far past that but :shrug:

In auction, my strategy is to always nominate a defense or a kicker for the first few rounds. Either I spend $1 on Justin Tucker, or someone blows a few bucks early in the auction for the guy they really want, hampering their ability to bid on guys like CMC.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, dude, you spent $100 on two running backs that haven't even committed to playing this season. If they come back, great move, but that's a lot of money to tie up in a potential Lev Bell situation.

I really wanted to join this league, but I thought you guys were drafting on a work day for me. Oh well. Maybe next year.

I've been preaching all season that I don't think their hold outs will last into the regular season. What kind of man would I be if I didn't stand by those convictions?

The only guy I'm really worried about is AJ, but he was cheap. This does have the potential to go hilariously bad though, which will be fun in itself.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sataere posted:

I've been preaching all season that I don't think their hold outs will last into the regular season. What kind of man would I be if I didn't stand by those convictions?

The only guy I'm really worried about is AJ, but he was cheap. This does have the potential to go hilariously bad though, which will be fun in itself.

Hearing now that Gordon's holdout is supposed to last into the season. :laugh:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sataere posted:

I'm rooting for Green. I've had him on literally every single fantasy team I can remember since his rookie season. The man always produces.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

I think I'm the only guy who loves their team. Too bad half of them won't play week one.

I like my team. I wanted DJ, Kerryon, and Cooper really badly, and I got them with enough left over to round out my starters decently enough

My bench RBs are not good at all, but I have some depth at WR and enough starting rbs to wait for someone on my bench to get promoted due to injury, a bench WR to pop and get traded for an RB, or lucky WW guess

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
You guys are all screwed. Just send me beer now

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I’m gonna have an ice cold beer tonight after work and look at my team. Who else is keen on having some beer. Oh hell yeah

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I'm boycotting that trade.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Sorry, I'd like both owners to explain why they're making that trade. How does it improve both of your teams?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
If anyone has a better offer for Aaron Rodgers, post it right here in the thread

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Veritek83 posted:

Sorry, I'd like both owners to explain why they're making that trade. How does it improve both of your teams?

I need a backup QB because Brees is my only one. This was offered to me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm guessing the idea was to nab a bunch of QBs and hope someone was really desperate for one? Seems nonsensical but I'm not about to veto it. :shrug:

Edit: I have to confess I've been paranoid enough to carry a backup QB in the past myself.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
If the league vetos it, I’m happy to comply with the rule of law

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Yep if there's a better offer for the player I traded, Nick should get it. But if it's vetoed I should get it.

However I don't see too many offers in the thread so far. Strange... it's almost like people enjoy bitching about trades, but overvalue their own players too much to participate themselves

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I'm not advocating that it be overturned- I don't think leagues should vote on trades and this isn't collusion. I just think owners should be able to explain trades that could potentially raise eyebrows- which I think you guys have.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
No need to raise eyebrows when you can raise the stakes, what are your offers for Rodgers and Davis respectively?

Veritek83 posted:

I'm not advocating that it be overturned- I don't think leagues should vote on trades and this isn't collusion. I just think owners should be able to explain trades that could potentially raise eyebrows- which I think you guys have.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Let's all chill out.

Also if anyone wants to give me a massive pile of wealth for Kittle I could be tempted. could be.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

One down for Sataere....

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I never wish injury on a player, so goondolences to Lamar Miller and may he have a speedy recovery, but I’m glad my Duke Johnson pick was what I hoped it’d be

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

I never wish injury on a player, so goondolences to Lamar Miller and may he have a speedy recovery, but I’m glad my Duke Johnson pick was what I hoped it’d be

Good job getting Ajayi’s handcuff :)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Paul Proteus posted:

One down for Sataere....

I think you need to take a closer look at my team. I'm turbofucked.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Sataere posted:

I think you need to take a closer look at my team. I'm turbofucked.

I posted that literally within minutes of the Schefter tweet. I didn't want to add insult to injury when the evening kept getting worse.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Paul Proteus posted:

I posted that literally within minutes of the Schefter tweet. I didn't want to add insult to injury when the evening kept getting worse.

You can mock me as much as you want. Honestly, I find it more hilarious than anything. The real challenge is somehow salvaging this team.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Will take the loose change from your couch for Kareem Hunt and am willing to entertain offers for Kittle. Looking for an RB with a solid floor.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I have a Duke Johnson I’m happy to offer

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Oh noooo lol

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1167887165541371904?s=21

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

The last trade had a lot of reaction, and I hope there is even more about this latest trade that makes absolutely no sense. Would love to see an explanation.

Zam fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 3, 2019

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Zam posted:

The last trade had more reaction than this newest trade that actually matters and seems very confusing.

I'm kinda wondering the same thing. That trade actually smells like collusion to me and I think it needs to be explained by both parties. (Not saying it is, but I can't wrap my head around it in any other context)

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Sataere posted:

I'm kinda wondering the same thing. That trade actually smells like collusion to me and I think it needs to be explained by both parties. (Not saying it is, but I can't wrap my head around it in any other context)

Yeah, I can't wrap my head around it either. I didn't say anything about the last one because it felt pretty meaningless, but this new trade seems... interesting.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I went to vote on it and it says "something went wrong" does that mean the trade got taken down?

I have ridley for $18, Davis for $6 compared to a hard $0 for Sanders, although industry is more like $8

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

He wants Denver’s WR1 and I wanted depth after Harry went to IR?

drat just play the season and stop worrying about bad trades and people having to justify themselves.

Great way to ruin a league and kill all desire to trade if this keeps up.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

NM. I'm an idiot that hadn't seen there was another trade.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 3, 2019

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Geez if these trades make you blush a lot of you guys would not be comfortable in my NBA fantasy league.

Thread going up later this month btw!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Alfalfa posted:

drat just play the season and stop worrying about bad trades and people having to justify themselves.

Yeah, I don't think anyone would argue you clearly won the trade.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

spacejung posted:

Geez if these trades make you blush a lot of you guys would not be comfortable in my NBA fantasy league.

Thread going up later this month btw!

Okay, now that I've had a tick to look at this I'm not worried about it but I am gonna laugh at you.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alfalfa posted:

That's all I needed to hear. Now it makes sense. Good work on your part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

bad trades

So campaign to have the "voting to remove bad trades" taken out before the draft starts.

You're a cool guy, but getting upset because people are debating about using an existing league rule to show their agreement/lack thereof for a trade is bad form. We're just debating about whether or not we should vote to reject this incredibly lopsided trade, which is a setting that's in the league. If trade vetoes weren't in place, I would definitely be on your side. But complaining about people discussing a veto rule that was in place at draft time is like complaining about 4 vs 6 pt passing touchdowns after the draft.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Sep 3, 2019