Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So we start with 6 teams. Week 1 the losers are eliminated, then week two the top two scores of the three remaining teams go to the final?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Drunk Nerds posted:

So we start with 6 teams. Week 1 the losers are eliminated, then week two the top two scores of the three remaining teams go to the final?

I think that's essentially what ended up happening last year, although I did it retroactively because I'm an idiot and didn't realize there was an issue there until after the fact.

That neatly solves the issue of an odd number of winners coming out of week 1, as the "loser" in week 2 would have lost to either of the advancing teams head-to-head.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Alright, so Naturdays vs. Beer Hat for the consolation box it is.

Natty Guice vs. Freeman for the championship.

And unless I'm missing something, Dallas Sucks vs. Breesus for 3rd place.

Veritek and Zam, you guys should probably let everyone know your region and what kind of beer you're into since you're only fighting over 1st and 2nd place next week. Deedee Megadoodoo is like 99.99% a lock for the highest score on the year and barring some batshit crazy stuff it'd be a good idea for you to provide that info too. Everyone else I'd appreciate an idea of where you're shipping from so I can assign boxes.

I'm from Mass and I'm not guaranteeing there's gonna be any Treehouse in the box I send out because I've never been there myself, but there's a decent chance I can pass by once or twice en route to visit relatives. I've never been there and hope it is cool. In the extremely unlikely event that I defeat Breesus, I typically like my beer dark and malty, and German or Belgian styles are very much my thing. But I'm going to lose and be sad so no worries.

Keep in mind that boxes are due out shortly after the league ends, with the target date being before January 31, 2020 (Weather permitting, of course) since it would be nice to share the cool beer from your area with people in time for the Super Bowl. :cheers:

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

If you're one of the few that haven't sent or received beer from me at some point I'm in LA and enjoy pretty much everything. Rauchbiers aren't my favorite, but if you really felt the need to include one I'd still drink it and probably hate it.

Also don't gently caress up and not send beer because I dealt with that last year and it's really lovely. Last year was the worst for flakes, so I have hope this will be another smooth year.

Zam fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 17, 2019

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Also for guys who have their best interests at heart, but get too busy or lazy to get a box out together and sent out.

Don’t just dip. Either buy someone a Tavour GC, or Venmo the commish $$ and we can get a box sent out for you.

Sometimes crap happens and you get busy, but that takes 30 seconds.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My nerd beer bar has 40 taps that cycle on the reg and a crowler machine, so whoever gets me is getting like 6 32 oz cans of pure joy.

I would like someone who isn't totally averse to IPA. While every beer is good, I'm like 2 hours away from Yakima Valley so I love blowing people's mind with how powerful a recently hopped beer can be

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I'm in Richmond VA and can get pretty much anything in central/eastern/northern Virginia.

I like beer. Honestly I'll drink and enjoy most anything. Variety is king.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Alfalfa posted:

Also for guys who have their best interests at heart, but get too busy or lazy to get a box out together and sent out.

Don’t just dip. Either buy someone a Tavour GC, or Venmo the commish $$ and we can get a box sent out for you.

Sometimes crap happens and you get busy, but that takes 30 seconds.

I was planning on sending Zam some make-up beer from last season in exchange for the people who flaked under my watch, is there anyone who would be down to just adding some extra stuff to their shipping arrangement if I sent them cash for some extra beers+shipping? I've scaled down my beer acquisition/consumption down to very little recently and I'm not sure I could source a great box at this point.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
i'm also in the RVA; i can send out a handful of fancy beers or a bunch of lager and hazy IPA cans

if i end up winning the consolation bracket i will be shocked enough to drink anything

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I am in MD and I will chug anything you send me.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'm in Chicago and what I like probably doesn't matter :v:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sataere posted:

I'm in Chicago and what I like probably doesn't matter :v:

Still good to know regions though so thanks. Like I'm going to want to arrange it so peeps aren't just getting whats available in their backyards

funkybottoms posted:

if i end up winning the consolation bracket i will be shocked enough to drink anything

deedee megadoodoo posted:

I am in MD and I will chug anything you send me.

*adds Drano to the grocery list*

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Texas, but like most years I’ll miss out on getting a box by one place in some form or fashion

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I just want to let you all know that Joe Buck has a book and I saw it today.

I decided to be merciful and not pick it up for whoever receives my box.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I still have a couple of beers kicking around from last year's league! Forget who sent me this Holy Mackerel Panic Attack Belgian ale last year but I opened it in advance of the afternoon game and thank you. :cheers:

Good luck all!

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Quiet Feet posted:

I still have a couple of beers kicking around from last year's league! Forget who sent me this Holy Mackerel Panic Attack Belgian ale last year but I opened it in advance of the afternoon game and thank you. :cheers:

Good luck all!

I love being chipped to death with McCaffrey being the only offense the Panthers have.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Good news! You're still gonna win because I started Matt Ryan instead of Fitzmagic!

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Not confident in that yet, but I have a chance because of that, yes.

A lot depends on how that hawks/cards game plays out.

*Edit* love losing another starting rb. Fantasy gods hate me this year.

Paul Proteus fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 23, 2019

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Welp. Congrats Zam.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Veritek83 posted:

Welp. Congrats Zam.

Good game! Onward to a three-peat!

Also don’t flake on me again people. As mentioned above, if you can’t send a box then a GC or something is better than flaking out.

Zam fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 24, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I just realized this year's champions are the same as last year's except that Veritek and I switched places. :stare:

Congrats to everyone!

1 - 2019 Champeen: Zam
2 - Silver Medalist: Veritek83
3 - The Buffalo Bills "Just Happy to be Here" award: Quiet Feet
High Score Trophy: Deedee Megadoodoo
The "Don't Stop Believin'" Consolation Prize Winner: Funkybottoms

Special thanks to Christian McCaffrey for continually dragging me out of all the stupid messes and dumb decisions I made. Dear god.

It's just about Christmas and I'm away from home and likely to be busy the next couple of days but I'll try to have shipping assignments out by Thursday. Special round of applause to Funkybottoms for sticking with it the last few weeks and snatching that last box. Great season y'all! Looking forward to doing it all again next year!

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Im in Louisville, so for shipping assignments if I can stay on the east coast it's appreciated.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

Special round of applause to Funkybottoms for sticking with it the last few weeks and snatching that last box. Great season y'all! Looking forward to doing it all again next year!

special thanks to Saquon for finally pulling out a performance worthy of the insane amount of money i paid for him (which also helped me win my snake draft work league). looking forward to being middle-of-the-pack next year!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Shipping assignments are in!

---2019 SHIPPING---

-1ST PLACE: Zam/Forty Ounces to Freeman
(5 boxes, sent by)
1: Quiet Feet
2: Drunk Nerds
3: Funkybottoms
4: Sataere
5: Deedee Megadoodoo

-2ND Place: Veritek83/Natty Guice
(3 boxes, sent by)
1: Spacejung
2: Alfalfa
3: Nickrowefillea

-3RD Place: Quiet Feet/Dallas Sucks
(2 boxes, sent by)
1: Paul Proteus
2: Veritek83

-Consolation Bracket Winner: Funkybottoms/No Fear Beer Hat
(1 box, sent by)
1: YamatoNoOrochi

-Hi-score Winner: DeeDee Megadoodoo/JJ Arcega Whiteclaw
(1 box, sent by)
1: Zam

I've done my best to spread out distribution. If anyone has any major issues please state them now. Realized at the last second that I never got a location from Nickrowefillea and will be PM'ing him momentarily, so hopefully this will not be an issue. Please contact your box recipients for addresses and to see if there's any specific requests or even just some general ideas, though it seems like we're all chill folks and will be happy with anything we get. :cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsFI40bXROs

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 27, 2019

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Good season everyone, goongrats to the winners and beer getters

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
PM me an address, Zam

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Got Veritek’s address.

Box will be heading out mid-late next week.

How’s everyone else coming along?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I should be sending on Monday

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

deedee megadoodoo posted:

I should be sending on Monday

Same here. Taking one last look at my local bottle shop this weekend but I think I've got everything I'm going to send.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i've talked to Zam and will be sending a box in the near future

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I should have mine out over the weekend

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Me: Wow, shipping for this is expensive. Next year I'll just grab a few high-end bottles.

Also me: Hurr Durr this looks good! also this! also this thing! oh wow cool lets get one of those... oh no why is shipping so expensive again!?

Taking me a little longer to get everything packed up but I'll definitely have my package out by tomorrow. How's everyone else coming? I wanna see more haul pics this year!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I was planning on shipping today but I moved on Saturday and everything I own is still in boxes and I don't know where half the beer I was going to ship has gone to. I will try to put the box together tonight but it will probably be next week.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

^^^ gotcha, no worries.

My box has been dropped off and is in UPS's hands now.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We dip below freezing this weekend so I'm holding off until we get a week of non freezing forecasts.

I'm excited, though: my nerd beer bar does crawlers so Zam get ready to be amazed

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

I've picked up the beer I'm sending to funky today, will have it shipped by the end of the week.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Veritek - 4 32oz crowlers are now sitting in my fridge of some popular craft Texas goodness from my nerd bar.

Going to check my bottle collection today to see if I have anything worth adding, but box will be out Monday the latest.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Glad I didn’t ship my box already because my favorite local brewery just did a surprise release of my favorite beer last night.

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 9, 2020

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

Veritek - 4 32oz crowlers are now sitting in my fridge of some popular craft Texas goodness from my nerd bar.

Going to check my bottle collection today to see if I have anything worth adding, but box will be out Monday the latest.

awesome, thanks

I'm going to get my box to Quiet Feet out either tomorrow or Saturday, depending on outside factors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Almost done assembling here and found a good carton to boot