Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Welcome to the 6th season of the ISO:FT Fantasy Football Beer League. The premise is simple: this is a fantasy league in which instead of league dues, you commit to sending out a box of beer worth over $50.00 curated from your local craft beer scene. Boxes should include growlers, bombers, and cans of beer that are not available outside of your geographical region, and that people might want to try. Because of this, we generally ask that you have some experience shipping beer.

Last year Zam took home first place, garnering five boxes of beer. I stumbled into 2nd place through the stupidest possible luck and Veritek83 came in 3rd place, respectively.

This year I'll be taking over for Catfish Noodlin as commissioner. I've been playing Fantasy Football (mostly badly) for about 6 or 7 years now though this is a first so bear with me.

Here's some background:

- Last year's league settings, for reference:
http://games.espn.com/ffl/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=1018860

- Your boxes are due out shortly after the league ends, with the target date being before January 31, 2020(Weather permitting, of course)

- Participants are required to post a Toxx

- Snake vs. Auction will be decided w/ a vote added to the Toxx, as will be any other rules we wanna nominate for change.

- This was the payout structure from last year(and I think largely what it's been in the past):

Winner- 5 Boxes of Beer
2nd Place- 3 Boxes of Beer
3rd Place- 2 Boxes of Beer
Highest Single Game Point Total- 1 Box of Beer
Winner of the Loser's Bracket- 1 Box of Beer

This assumes 12 teams. If we need to run with 10 I will change this to reflect that.

-Spaces are grandfathered in for the people who participated last year:

very stable genius, Catfish Noodlin, Quiet Feet, Mikey Purp, Paul Proteus, Alfalfa, veritek83, Baldrash(failed Toxx) , spacejung , Zam, YamataNoOrochi and Avenged (failed Toxx).

Bolded participants are those returning. Yikes, we need a lot of people! Last year we went with 12 teams, and that seemed to work but I'm fine running with just 10 if need be. If you're interested and haven't participated before, please post and we'll see if we have any openings, keeping in mind that we're looking for people with beer trading history. Note that if you do not have beer trading history, as I did not last year, it's not hard and there are plenty of experienced traders here willing to give advice.

Once we have participants ironed out, I'll set up a poll to determine what time the draft will be.

Edit:

Drunk Nerds posted:

Indicate all the times (PST) when you have ~2+ hours to draft or :siren:AUCTION!!:siren: here:

https://doodle.com/poll/wc9fpufmk2scpdyg

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Looks like we still need 5 people! I've sent out a PM to Nickrowefillea and will be posting in a few other threads.

Also may as well get the auctin vs snake draft votes and Toxx clauses out of the way. Just copy/paste the following.

I, [your name] :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake):

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet):

And on that note,

I, Quiet Feet :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): Auction

Team Name: Dallas Sucks

If there are any other rules changes anyone wants to propose, please let me know.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 18, 2019

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I was thinking i wouldn’t participate this year but gently caress it, I may as well continue since I’ve been in for so long. Can’t wait to see how my team fucks me this year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'll take one of the available spots

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sataere posted:

I'll take one of the available spots

Alright, invites have been sent out. if everyone could post their toxxes and vote on snake vs auction as soon as possible that would be great. IIRC we determined draft date via something called Doodle last year? if anyone knows how that works and wants to set it up that would be a huge help.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Quiet Feet posted:

Alright, invites have been sent out. if everyone could post their toxxes and vote on snake vs auction as soon as possible that would be great. IIRC we determined draft date via something called Doodle last year? if anyone knows how that works and wants to set it up that would be a huge help.

You know what. Screw it. I’m back in this year. I can’t go down in flames last 3 weeks again can I?

Also are we holding deposits this year to be returned once case is received?

Always makes me sad when one guy gets burned.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

You know what. Screw it. I’m back in this year. I can’t go down in flames last 3 weeks again can I?

Also are we holding deposits this year to be returned once case is received?

Always makes me sad when one guy gets burned.

drat, I just finished emptying out your desk. PM your email?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I, NickRoweFillea, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): Snake

Team Name: Abbottabad Qaedacats

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Let’s have some fun boysssss

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
:toxx: Auction, the only real draft format

I've done this league before and delivered on the beer I also ship beer to goons on the regular

I'll set up the Doodle later this morning

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I, Veritek83 :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): AUCTION
RB/WR/TE Flex (Y/N): yup

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): Natty Guice returns to run up weekly scores once again

this league is one of my favorites every year, much thanks to Quiet Feet for keeping us afloat. I'm fine with deposits, despite my sterling record of mailing the beer.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

:toxx: Auction, the only real draft format

I've done this league before and delivered on the beer I also ship beer to goons on the regular

I'll set up the Doodle later this morning

Have to admit I was surprised somebody with your username wasn't already a part of this. Just PM me with your email so I can send you an invite.

The seems to be filling up pretty fast. :hellyeah:

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
i'm in.

I, funkybottoms :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): snake
RB/WR/TE Flex (Y/N): yes?

Team Name: No Fear (Beer) Hat

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 15, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

i'm in.

i'll edit later for a toxx, etc, because i'm at work, but will add that i'm #teamsnakedraft

Well that was fast, we're full!

Alright, we have a minor issue in that I can't seem to remove one of last year's owners who said they would not be back this year. As soon as I hear back from them I'll let you know.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Indicate all the times (PST) when you have ~2+ hours to draft or :siren:AUCTION!!:siren: here:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Oh, rest of the form:
RB/WR/TE/Flex: 2/3/1/1, but IDC

Team Name: Keep On Hockenson the Free World

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh, rest of the form:
RB/WR/TE/Flex: 2/3/1/1, but IDC

Checked out the doodle and it doesn't seem like it actually has every day available? Like the way its set up, since some of the times listed start PM on one day and go to 1 AM, so it isn't allowing a PM start on the second day.

Wasn't actually going to vote on team config. Right now we're set up as QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex 1/2/2/1/1. If everyone is really gunning for adding a third WR slot we can vote, though I'd prefer to go light on rules changes this year.

Edit: added the Doodle link to the OP.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 15, 2019

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Drunk Nerds posted:

I’ll fill this out when I get home from work and can get input from the schedule master.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Checked out the doodle and it doesn't seem like it actually has every day available? Like the way its set up, since some of the times listed start PM on one day and go to 1 AM, so it isn't allowing a PM start on the second day.

Wasn't actually going to vote on team config. Right now we're set up as QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex 1/2/2/1/1. If everyone is really gunning for adding a third WR slot we can vote, though I'd prefer to go light on rules changes this year.

Edit: added the Doodle link to the OP.

I just listed the dates when I was available. That's the beauty of being the Doodle Master

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I, deedee megadoodoo :toxx: myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): SNAKE
RB/WR/TE Flex (Y/N): Same as last year please

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): I was Von Haze Burfict last year but I'm switching it up to JJ Arcega-Whiteclaw

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Oh yeah, update to the OP, I am formerly very stable genius, so you've got me listed twice.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I see that you're full, but if someone backs out I will join!

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Was I left out this year? Not sure why I would have been?

*edit* - Just checked on ESPN and I'm still there, just was confused when I read the first post and I was left off.

Paul Proteus fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 15, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Paul Proteus posted:

Was I left out this year? Not sure why I would have been?

*edit* - Just checked on ESPN and I'm still there, just was confused when I read the first post and I was left off.

Yeah, I think I had a brain fart because I counted 12 and it turned out that that was only because I had Deedee megadoodoo on there twice.

Hey, how do we request a ban for a failed Toxx? is it just hitting the report button on the post in which the Toxx was made?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

coronaball posted:

I see that you're full, but if someone backs out I will join!

Added to the wait list.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So far, all 6 respondees can make it the evening of Thursday the 22nd

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Whoops, I forgot we do beer-themed names. I'm now Njo by IPA

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

So far, all 6 respondees can make it the evening of Thursday the 22nd

Will be tough but I should be able to make it if that’s what gets decided upon.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

On a Thursday? But we'll all miss preseason football!? :aaaaa:

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
i can do Monday or Tuesday so long as it's on the later end of the spectrum; the only absolute nos are next Friday through Sunday as i will be out of town

VVV i did, but i work late those days and didn't want to mark them without clarification... or does it not show up at all? do i need to make an account or something?

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 16, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

i can do Monday or Tuesday so long as it's on the later end of the spectrum; the only absolute nos are next Friday through Sunday as i will be out of town

Make sure you click the link and mark down your preferences.

Gonna give until Midnight EST Saturday to get all our preferences down, in case it looks like we'll be drafting early early next week

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Make sure you click the link and mark down your preferences.

Gonna give until Midnight EST Saturday to get all our preferences down, in case it looks like we'll be drafting early early next week

There's always discrepancies when figuring out a date. What I do is wait until the league has voted, then I send out notices to people who marked "no" on a day when a lot of us can draft, saying "hey, is there any way you can make this work, let's work it out." Works most of the time. I am commissioner of a league where, last week, only 6/10 people could agree on any time but, by talking and tweaking the time, we found a spot where 10/10 are available

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 16, 2019

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

There's always discrepancies when figuring out a date. What I do is wait until the league has voted, then I send out notices to people who marked "no" on a day when a lot of us can draft, saying "hey, is there any way you can make this work, let's work it out." Works most of the time. I am commissioner of a league where, last week, only 6/10 people could agree on any time but, by talking and tweaking the time, we found a spot where 10/10 are available

Welcome to being the new beer commish

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

Welcome to being the new beer commish

I'm happy to run any league that has an :siren:auction:siren: draft

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

FYI, the next two Wednesdays and Thursdays are impossible for me. Otherwise, I can make it work.

I, Sataere do solemnly :toxx: to ship $50 worth of local beer to the league champion in this auction league

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I spacejung manager of Mikkyler 5oz Pour :toxx: on myself under threat of banning/ritual frisbee swallowing to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Draft format preferred (auction/snake): snaaaake
RB/WR/TE Flex (Y/N): sure whatever

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I will not just ban myself but kick my own rear end if I fail to send delicious alcoholic liquid to my recipient by said date. Lock it and Toxx it.

Auction draft
RB/WR/TE (like anyone would actually put a Te in that spot) flex

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

That's why I wanted to get it done early. Gives us some time to adjust if there's an issue. Speaking of which.

Still need Toxxes and Snake/Auction votes from YamataNoOrochi, Zam and Paul Proteus. Currently sitting at 5-4 Auction over Snake.

Still need draft time votes from YamataNoOrochi, Zam and NickRoweFillea. Leading time slots thus far are Tuesday August 20th at 8 PM EST and Tuesday August 27th at 8 PM EST.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

That's why I wanted to get it done early. Gives us some time to adjust if there's an issue. Speaking of which.

Still need Toxxes and Snake/Auction votes from YamataNoOrochi, Zam and Paul Proteus. Currently sitting at 5-4 Auction over Snake.

Still need draft time votes from YamataNoOrochi, Zam and NickRoweFillea. Leading time slots thus far are Tuesday August 20th at 8 PM EST and Tuesday August 27th at 8 PM EST.

Thanks for the PM reminding me that this is a thing.

I, YamataNoOrochi :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Preferred Format: Snake
Team Name: MIGHT CHANGE, WHO KNOWS
FLEX? ALL FLEX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I, paulproteus :toxx:  on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): Auction