Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I, Zam :toxx:  on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): Auction
Date/Time: Anything works for me. Looks like it will be tomorrow, and that works for me.

In league news from last year, Quiet Feet generously donated a second box to make up for (1) of the (2) that flaked and never sent beer out. Thank you Quiet Feet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Did something different this year and pretty sure I'll have the worst season yet. Based on the draft, I needed at least two more QBs on my roster.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

The last trade had a lot of reaction, and I hope there is even more about this latest trade that makes absolutely no sense. Would love to see an explanation.

Zam fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 3, 2019

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Sataere posted:

I'm kinda wondering the same thing. That trade actually smells like collusion to me and I think it needs to be explained by both parties. (Not saying it is, but I can't wrap my head around it in any other context)

Yeah, I can't wrap my head around it either. I didn't say anything about the last one because it felt pretty meaningless, but this new trade seems... interesting.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Alfalfa posted:

He wants Denver’s WR1 and I wanted depth after Harry went to IR?

drat just play the season and stop worrying about bad trades and people having to justify themselves.

Great way to ruin a league and kill all desire to trade if this keeps up.

Yeah, I don't think anyone would argue you clearly won the trade.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Alive and well.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

If anyone needs a top TE, let me know. Deadline approaching.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

If you're one of the few that haven't sent or received beer from me at some point I'm in LA and enjoy pretty much everything. Rauchbiers aren't my favorite, but if you really felt the need to include one I'd still drink it and probably hate it.

Also don't gently caress up and not send beer because I dealt with that last year and it's really lovely. Last year was the worst for flakes, so I have hope this will be another smooth year.

Zam fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 17, 2019

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Veritek83 posted:

Welp. Congrats Zam.

Good game! Onward to a three-peat!

Also don’t flake on me again people. As mentioned above, if you can’t send a box then a GC or something is better than flaking out.

Zam fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 24, 2019

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

We dip below freezing this weekend so I'm holding off until we get a week of non freezing forecasts.

I'm excited, though: my nerd beer bar does crawlers so Zam get ready to be amazed

Looking forward to it!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

First Beer Box arrived!

Actually arrived last week, but I was away for the week to fly up for the Niners game.

Go Niners!

Missing are duplicates of the cans for ease of taking the pictures, but Quiet Feet sent an awesome box with a great variety.

Rock Art, A River Runs Gruit
Lost Nation, Tossing Seeds
NEBCO, Supernaught
Relic Brewing, Ryepocalyps
Firefly Hollow, Wood Drip
Paradox, HighBiscus 2017
Maine Beer Co, Lunch
Southern Tier, Pumking 2015
Lawson's, Triple Sunshine
Relic Brewing, Death of Venus
Lawson's, Fayston Maple
Otter Creek, Mitch's Secret Stash
Otter Creek, Remarkable Sundae Stout

Thank you Quiet Feet!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

I often see advice to wait until there's a week when night temps aren't below freezing. That's what's delayed me in part. Often shipping facilities aren't heated at night.

You're shipping to beautiful SoCal - we don't freeze. Never had an issue with somebody shipping to me even when temps were in the 10s, but shipping INTO freezing temperatures is a bit more complicated.

Zam fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Feb 7, 2020

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Received this box from funkybottoms

Sent me some local bourbon to break up the beer shipments, and included some excellent beer variety as well.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Received the below crowlers from Drunk Nerds over the weekend!

Some favorites from the PNW here, and some new beers I look forward to trying. Thanks!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

From the thread activity we know that at least the following people have sent their boxes.

1: Paul Proteus
2: Veritek
3: Quiet Feet
4: Funkybottoms
5: YamataNoorochi
6: Spacejung
7: Alfalfa

Still waiting to hear if the following have arrived

8: Drunk Nerds - to Zam (by his last post it looks like his is on it's way?)
9: Deedee Megadoodoo - to Zam
10: Nickrowfillea - to Veritek83
11: Zam - to Deedee Megadoodoo
12: Sataere - Zam

Sent out an email. Giving it one more week before we turn in toxxes. It's been almost two months since the league's season ended. I'm assuming a lot of this is just people forgetting to post in the thread but I don't want a repeat of last year where we had two members flake out.

There was a shipping issue for the box I was to receive from Deedee Megadoodoo, but a box was sent (and returned) and we are working out the rest. We've been in communication about it.

Haven't heard anything from Sataere.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

What were the favs and what was new*? I did a lot of research so I'm really interested in your opinions of what's new.

*I'm sure Boneyard RPM wasn't new. Every time someone comes into town and is like "what is beer like with fresh yakima valley hops?" I give them the RPM

I drank plenty of RPM when I was up in Portland - felt it was on tap everywhere and I didn't mind. I've had a few iterations of Sticky Hands (last in 2016), and Crux sent beer down here in 2014 and I had some Half Hitch then. Those three are some of my favorite beers from up that way, and I'm looking forward to enjoying the other two as well.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

After some UPS issues, my box from Deedee Megadoodoo has arrived!

IPAs and Crowlers are in the fridge, and looking forward to working through everything this weekend. Thank you!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I believe we are down to Nickrowfillea and Sataere as the only two who have not shipped.

If you read this Sataere, please confirm shipping address before shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Sataere trued up, so we're all good.