Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Welcome to the 6th season of the ISO:FT Fantasy Football Beer League. The premise is simple: this is a fantasy league in which instead of league dues, you commit to sending out a box of beer worth over $50.00 curated from your local craft beer scene. Boxes should include growlers, bombers, and cans of beer that are not available outside of your geographical region, and that people might want to try. Because of this, we generally ask that you have some experience shipping beer.

Last year Zam took home first place, garnering five boxes of beer. I stumbled into 2nd place through the stupidest possible luck and Veritek83 came in 3rd place, respectively.

This year I'll be taking over for Catfish Noodlin as commissioner. I've been playing Fantasy Football (mostly badly) for about 6 or 7 years now though this is a first so bear with me.

Here's some background:

- Last year's league settings, for reference:
http://games.espn.com/ffl/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=1018860

- Your boxes are due out shortly after the league ends, with the target date being before January 31, 2020(Weather permitting, of course)

- Participants are required to post a Toxx

- Snake vs. Auction will be decided w/ a vote added to the Toxx, as will be any other rules we wanna nominate for change.

- This was the payout structure from last year(and I think largely what it's been in the past):

Winner- 5 Boxes of Beer
2nd Place- 3 Boxes of Beer
3rd Place- 2 Boxes of Beer
Highest Single Game Point Total- 1 Box of Beer
Winner of the Loser's Bracket- 1 Box of Beer

This assumes 12 teams. If we need to run with 10 I will change this to reflect that.

-Spaces are grandfathered in for the people who participated last year:

very stable genius, Catfish Noodlin, Quiet Feet, Mikey Purp, Paul Proteus, Alfalfa, veritek83, Baldrash(failed Toxx) , spacejung , Zam, YamataNoOrochi and Avenged (failed Toxx).

Bolded participants are those returning. Yikes, we need a lot of people! Last year we went with 12 teams, and that seemed to work but I'm fine running with just 10 if need be. If you're interested and haven't participated before, please post and we'll see if we have any openings, keeping in mind that we're looking for people with beer trading history. Note that if you do not have beer trading history, as I did not last year, it's not hard and there are plenty of experienced traders here willing to give advice.

Once we have participants ironed out, I'll set up a poll to determine what time the draft will be.

Edit:

Drunk Nerds posted:

Indicate all the times (PST) when you have ~2+ hours to draft or :siren:AUCTION!!:siren: here:

https://doodle.com/poll/wc9fpufmk2scpdyg

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Looks like we still need 5 people! I've sent out a PM to Nickrowefillea and will be posting in a few other threads.

Also may as well get the auctin vs snake draft votes and Toxx clauses out of the way. Just copy/paste the following.

I, [your name] :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake):

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet):

And on that note,

I, Quiet Feet :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): Auction

Team Name: Dallas Sucks

If there are any other rules changes anyone wants to propose, please let me know.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 18, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sataere posted:

I'll take one of the available spots

Alright, invites have been sent out. if everyone could post their toxxes and vote on snake vs auction as soon as possible that would be great. IIRC we determined draft date via something called Doodle last year? if anyone knows how that works and wants to set it up that would be a huge help.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

You know what. Screw it. I’m back in this year. I can’t go down in flames last 3 weeks again can I?

Also are we holding deposits this year to be returned once case is received?

Always makes me sad when one guy gets burned.

drat, I just finished emptying out your desk. PM your email?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

:toxx: Auction, the only real draft format

I've done this league before and delivered on the beer I also ship beer to goons on the regular

I'll set up the Doodle later this morning

Have to admit I was surprised somebody with your username wasn't already a part of this. Just PM me with your email so I can send you an invite.

The seems to be filling up pretty fast. :hellyeah:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

i'm in.

i'll edit later for a toxx, etc, because i'm at work, but will add that i'm #teamsnakedraft

Well that was fast, we're full!

Alright, we have a minor issue in that I can't seem to remove one of last year's owners who said they would not be back this year. As soon as I hear back from them I'll let you know.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh, rest of the form:
RB/WR/TE/Flex: 2/3/1/1, but IDC

Team Name: Keep On Hockenson the Free World

Checked out the doodle and it doesn't seem like it actually has every day available? Like the way its set up, since some of the times listed start PM on one day and go to 1 AM, so it isn't allowing a PM start on the second day.

Wasn't actually going to vote on team config. Right now we're set up as QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex 1/2/2/1/1. If everyone is really gunning for adding a third WR slot we can vote, though I'd prefer to go light on rules changes this year.

Edit: added the Doodle link to the OP.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 15, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Paul Proteus posted:

Was I left out this year? Not sure why I would have been?

*edit* - Just checked on ESPN and I'm still there, just was confused when I read the first post and I was left off.

Yeah, I think I had a brain fart because I counted 12 and it turned out that that was only because I had Deedee megadoodoo on there twice.

Hey, how do we request a ban for a failed Toxx? is it just hitting the report button on the post in which the Toxx was made?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

coronaball posted:

I see that you're full, but if someone backs out I will join!

Added to the wait list.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

On a Thursday? But we'll all miss preseason football!? :aaaaa:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

i can do Monday or Tuesday so long as it's on the later end of the spectrum; the only absolute nos are next Friday through Sunday as i will be out of town

Make sure you click the link and mark down your preferences.

Gonna give until Midnight EST Saturday to get all our preferences down, in case it looks like we'll be drafting early early next week

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

There's always discrepancies when figuring out a date. What I do is wait until the league has voted, then I send out notices to people who marked "no" on a day when a lot of us can draft, saying "hey, is there any way you can make this work, let's work it out." Works most of the time. I am commissioner of a league where, last week, only 6/10 people could agree on any time but, by talking and tweaking the time, we found a spot where 10/10 are available

That's why I wanted to get it done early. Gives us some time to adjust if there's an issue. Speaking of which.

Still need Toxxes and Snake/Auction votes from YamataNoOrochi, Zam and Paul Proteus. Currently sitting at 5-4 Auction over Snake.

Still need draft time votes from YamataNoOrochi, Zam and NickRoweFillea. Leading time slots thus far are Tuesday August 20th at 8 PM EST and Tuesday August 27th at 8 PM EST.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

So that makes it six auction and five snake and whoever is left I hope you vote auction so we don't have to go to a tiebreaker: naked oiled up hog wrestling.

Anyone who voted snake because they might be anxious about auction, I was anxious last year but found I really preferred it. It turns the draft from just a passive thing where you wait around to a game in of itself. And you get to laugh at morons like that guy who spent $13 on Duke Johnson last year.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Make sure you click the link and mark down your preferences.

Gonna give until Midnight EST Saturday to get all our preferences down, in case it looks like we'll be drafting early early next week

Yeah, it's past midnight. Calling it for auction (given the only possible results are tie bullshit or, well, for auction) and I guess we need to decide whether to have the draft on August 20th or 27th. If either Funkybottoms or Deedee Megadoodoo can make one of those work that's great. If we can't get a unanimous vote I'm proposing the 27th on the off chance one or more players' heads explode during week 3 preseason games.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

i'd already marked the 27th as okay, and looking at my work schedule i think the 20th is also doable

Deedee'd had the opposite problem so if you can make the 20th work that's great.

So Tuesday August 20th, 8:00 until whenever we're finished. I'll set it up later today. Anybody who doesn't have auction experience, ESPN (and I'm guessing elsewhere) does have mock auction drafts you can take part in. Recommend you try 1 or 2 to get the gist of it.

Cooking breakfast or I'd have a little more to say now. Anyway auctions rule.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

In the main FF thread I made a 6-step guide to getting up-to-speed quickly for those who are new to auctions:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888252&pagenumber=40&perpage=40#post497313736

Read it, thanks.

I'm also inordinately proud of myself because I was already doing some of the stuff in there last year without any guidance. :c00lbutt:

deedee megadoodoo posted:

I can do the 20th. The 27th is my birthday and I will be brewery hopping around Portland Maine until I black out and vomit in the hotel bathtub.

:monocle: Excuse me sir but getting incredibly drunk on beer is not the kind of thing we tolerate here in the Something Awful Fantasy Football Goon Beer League!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

I thought the alchemist went out of business? Was that just a rumor?

Oh lord no. Quick and dirty version is that their original location got destroyed in a flood and they rebuilt in Stowe a little ways away. We usually take a long weekend up in that area there every year. It's always packed though they do a good job to keep he lines moving.

Also you're welcome Zam! :cheers:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

That is correct.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm actually a 430 pound nudist trucker named Meatus, you don't want to see me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:siren: 30 minutes to draft time! Draft room is up! :siren:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Welp, my depth is craaaaaaaap hope nobody gets hurt.

Edit: oh my god what have I done

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 21, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

I’m too scared to even see what my team looks like as a whole.

Look man as long as you draft four quarterbacks everyone knows your'e set

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My team is bad and I will die

Edit: yeah, I went stars and scrubs without even meaning to place and my team sucks and I will probably be in last place.

Further edit; yeah, I'm hosed as soon as there is an injury.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 21, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Can someone post the teams and prices? I need to laugh at y'all.

Posted mine in the main thread. Laugh away.

Lord knows I've probably earned it I am so hosed if anyone gets injured.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Holy gently caress $73 for CMC and $3 for a kicker?!?! You're sick, bro.

Eh. McCaffrey was the last of the big 4 RBs left and I wanted to have a piece. It's over but possibly worth it.

I know theoretically kickers are worthless but I've never seen the point in taking 7th string WR Scrubman Hosepecker who will likely never play a down instead of a top kicker. I'm not going to nudge it terribly far past that but :shrug:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sataere posted:

I've been preaching all season that I don't think their hold outs will last into the regular season. What kind of man would I be if I didn't stand by those convictions?

The only guy I'm really worried about is AJ, but he was cheap. This does have the potential to go hilariously bad though, which will be fun in itself.

Hearing now that Gordon's holdout is supposed to last into the season. :laugh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm guessing the idea was to nab a bunch of QBs and hope someone was really desperate for one? Seems nonsensical but I'm not about to veto it. :shrug:

Edit: I have to confess I've been paranoid enough to carry a backup QB in the past myself.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Let's all chill out.

Also if anyone wants to give me a massive pile of wealth for Kittle I could be tempted. could be.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Will take the loose change from your couch for Kareem Hunt and am willing to entertain offers for Kittle. Looking for an RB with a solid floor.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

NM. I'm an idiot that hadn't seen there was another trade.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 3, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

spacejung posted:

Geez if these trades make you blush a lot of you guys would not be comfortable in my NBA fantasy league.

Thread going up later this month btw!

Okay, now that I've had a tick to look at this I'm not worried about it but I am gonna laugh at you.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alright, I don't want anyone to think I just dismissed this out of hand.

I'm not inclined to overturn it but you get why people are dubious on this one, right? You traded away the #2 receiver on one of the highest scoring offenses last year, plus the #1 for another team (probably just a depth guy with that poo poo offense admittedly), for a 31-year old receiver coming off of an ACL tear. I'm not going to expect every trade to be accompanied by a long form essay but, yeah, there's a reason people are gonna ask about this and it might go a long way to getting past it if you could let us know why? Projections everywhere I look put those guys within ~20 point of each other. FWIW, I think you're also getting some more flak considering you drafted 4 QBs, which is not exactly ordinary. It's your prerogative and I'm not trying to give you poo poo about it; just saying that you're already on the everyone's radar for odd moves.

Edit: Just wanted to add, I get why both Spacejung and Alfala are irritated with this one. People were already up in arms about the Rogers/Davis trade earlier and if that's the level that's going to set people off there's going to be a lot of arguments.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 3, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

Zeke’s back!

Boooooooooo!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I made this garbage thing but ESPN won't accept my Imgur link so I guess I'm not bothering with my team re-name.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

aaaand Saquon is injured; can i just put my box of beer in escrow now?

Yeah, hang on let me get you the address for the Antonio Brown Memorial for hosed Seasons.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Wtf I have never seen a fantasy score this ridiculous. This means the rest of my season is cursed right?

"Huh? What's he going on about? It's only 129. Oh wait, no, Deedee is somebody else. Isn't he JJ Arcega White claaaaaaaaaaaaaaah holy poo poo." :stare:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

spacejung posted:

Wow most leagues would have chucked some FAAB at Gallman... if you wish you had, send me an offer

"Trade me for the guy none of you wanted" might not be the strong play you think it is.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hey I do need an rb2 and I can tell you're super confident in Gallman so I sent you an offer for another one of your backs.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hey, while I'm here anyone want this burger I found in the trash? It was on the very top on top of a newspaper It only has one bite out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

That's one hell of a week-to-week swing by JJAW.