Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I find myself with 2 starting TEs and that's definitely a luxury right now. Would be willing to part with one for an RB. No, not Wayne Gallman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just to save any more time with me going over rosters, is there anyone willing to trade a tight end?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

My wife says I have a tight end. Not sure what I’d trade it for, but shoot me an offer.

Pics can be provided if needed.

I...will pass.

Have a couple more offers out. I'll sit down and be quiet if neither pans out. Though if you've received one please feel free to counter-offer.

Edit: Spacejung please stop trying to send me the corpse of Jared Cook.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm alive and looking forward to sending out beer to one of the winners at the end of the year when my stupid garbage team disappoints me.

Well, of course even on the off chance I actually won anything I would still be sending out some good beer. At this point though, I figure I might only have an outside shot at the losers bracket box. Which I want to remind everyone is a thing and is it good reason to keep setting your lineup every week even if it seems rough right now. Aside from just being a nice human being and a good sport.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

There's a tie? Oh Jesus there's a tie. Never seen one in any league I've joined before. It's beautiful.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Zam posted:

If anyone needs a top TE, let me know. Deadline approaching.

Which one can I get for Zach Pascal?

Taking a look now and the only positions you could get and upgrade from me would be kicker and D/ST. And I guess McCaffrey but he's single-handedly accounting for like 1/3 of my points. Your roster is probably the best in the league right now. Like anybody who'd be a clear upgrade over your starters would also probably be A: too valuable to trade for a TE and B: probably be tops at the position for somebody else's roster. Not trying to be snarky, just sayin' I think you're stuck with 3 TEs. :shobon:

And someone proving me wrong in 3...2...

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just about. Looks like you and me and Rapoporter are all still jostling for the #3 spot but we'll all be in, though seeding is going to depend on total points. As of right now that's Dallas Sucks, Breesus and Rapoporter in order but it's not such a huge gap this week that any of us couldn't shoot past the others with a good outing and/or a bad one from the other team.

Realized I was working under the assumption that 3 teams get in from each division and I guess that's not the case? So we're going to have a 6-7 6th seed it just remains to be seen who since we have five 5-7 teams. One of Naturdays or Schrodingers Brewery is definitely eliminated this week since they're head to head, the rest will depend on who wins their games and then total points. Right now the leader among all of them in that category is Arcega Whiteclaw.

Does anyone remember how we figured out the loser's bracket winner last year? Was that on points?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

spacejung posted:

I feel like instead of just bringing my one losing record to the playoffs I have absorbed the Voltron-like power of 5 losing records. Good luck in consolation!

You're going to win this week because fantasy football only exists to disappoint me. Yes I know I came in 2nd last year, but that was only fate playing the long game so now that I've had a taste of success my further defeats can be more bitter.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I refuse to believe I'm going to win. Woods is going to get concussed and fumble on his first catch or something.

Edit: okay so that didnt happen.

Further edit: I may have a serious problem with pessimism.

Last edit: yeah I'm up 15 now and still looking for some way I might lose I definitely have a problem.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 9, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

That is a good question. I know Paul Proteus/Breesus won last year since he said as much a ways up on this page. The thing I'm having trouble figuring out is just how that worked out. Obviously not by record because there were 3 2-2 teams at the end, and if it was by total points Ben Roethlislager would've won (and I'm glad did not because he welched on his beer shipment) so it's not that.

Paul Proteus posted:

I won the loser bracket last year, but it was set up oddly.

I won the first two weeks, and no one else did, so I won. Technically there was a third week, but because there were no byes set the first week it didn't make sense?

So, I guess the third week didn't count? That seems wrong and I don't get why byes would matter. I'll see if I can PM Catfish Noodlin' since he was commish last year.

Wait, how in the world are there going to be three matchups in the winner's consolation ladder?

Edit: Afaict shouldn't it be the winner of gmc7 anyway? I honestly thought that it being the winner of the game on the top of the bracket sounded too simple but if that's really the case then it'd be you vs Beer Hat for the consolation box.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 16, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alright, got a reply from Catfish Noodlin and I'm working on it but I'm at home with my sick daughter I don't have the brainpower to spare right now. Kinda tempted to just go with how the ladder would normally go (winner of game 7 on the ladder) because on very quick glance, I think it yields the same result. Don't want to inadvertently screw anyone out of a win though so I'll take a longer look later tonight. Unless anyone else wants to math this out for me.

quote:

I can't find the 2018 league results, but I believe what we did was something like this:

Week 1: All consolation bracket losers eliminated
Week 2: Compare scores to determine who would have won in a proper match-up between eliminated teams.
Week 3: Same as above

I think I might have lucked out where I think it would have generated an easy single-elimination winner, but without the results I'm not sure. It's certainly something that I should have remembered to mention that needed to be fixed for this year's league, I'm sorry I dropped the ball on that one.

Here's the thread for reference:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...40&pagenumber=4

Like I said, I think that still works out for a Naturdays/Beer Hat game for the consolation box but I'll give even odds that I've had a brain fart somewhere.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alright, so Naturdays vs. Beer Hat for the consolation box it is.

Natty Guice vs. Freeman for the championship.

And unless I'm missing something, Dallas Sucks vs. Breesus for 3rd place.

Veritek and Zam, you guys should probably let everyone know your region and what kind of beer you're into since you're only fighting over 1st and 2nd place next week. Deedee Megadoodoo is like 99.99% a lock for the highest score on the year and barring some batshit crazy stuff it'd be a good idea for you to provide that info too. Everyone else I'd appreciate an idea of where you're shipping from so I can assign boxes.

I'm from Mass and I'm not guaranteeing there's gonna be any Treehouse in the box I send out because I've never been there myself, but there's a decent chance I can pass by once or twice en route to visit relatives. I've never been there and hope it is cool. In the extremely unlikely event that I defeat Breesus, I typically like my beer dark and malty, and German or Belgian styles are very much my thing. But I'm going to lose and be sad so no worries.

Keep in mind that boxes are due out shortly after the league ends, with the target date being before January 31, 2020 (Weather permitting, of course) since it would be nice to share the cool beer from your area with people in time for the Super Bowl. :cheers:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sataere posted:

I'm in Chicago and what I like probably doesn't matter :v:

Still good to know regions though so thanks. Like I'm going to want to arrange it so peeps aren't just getting whats available in their backyards

funkybottoms posted:

if i end up winning the consolation bracket i will be shocked enough to drink anything

deedee megadoodoo posted:

I am in MD and I will chug anything you send me.

*adds Drano to the grocery list*

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I just want to let you all know that Joe Buck has a book and I saw it today.

I decided to be merciful and not pick it up for whoever receives my box.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I still have a couple of beers kicking around from last year's league! Forget who sent me this Holy Mackerel Panic Attack Belgian ale last year but I opened it in advance of the afternoon game and thank you. :cheers:

Good luck all!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Good news! You're still gonna win because I started Matt Ryan instead of Fitzmagic!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I just realized this year's champions are the same as last year's except that Veritek and I switched places. :stare:

Congrats to everyone!

1 - 2019 Champeen: Zam
2 - Silver Medalist: Veritek83
3 - The Buffalo Bills "Just Happy to be Here" award: Quiet Feet
High Score Trophy: Deedee Megadoodoo
The "Don't Stop Believin'" Consolation Prize Winner: Funkybottoms

Special thanks to Christian McCaffrey for continually dragging me out of all the stupid messes and dumb decisions I made. Dear god.

It's just about Christmas and I'm away from home and likely to be busy the next couple of days but I'll try to have shipping assignments out by Thursday. Special round of applause to Funkybottoms for sticking with it the last few weeks and snatching that last box. Great season y'all! Looking forward to doing it all again next year!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Shipping assignments are in!

---2019 SHIPPING---

-1ST PLACE: Zam/Forty Ounces to Freeman
(5 boxes, sent by)
1: Quiet Feet
2: Drunk Nerds
3: Funkybottoms
4: Sataere
5: Deedee Megadoodoo

-2ND Place: Veritek83/Natty Guice
(3 boxes, sent by)
1: Spacejung
2: Alfalfa
3: Nickrowefillea

-3RD Place: Quiet Feet/Dallas Sucks
(2 boxes, sent by)
1: Paul Proteus
2: Veritek83

-Consolation Bracket Winner: Funkybottoms/No Fear Beer Hat
(1 box, sent by)
1: YamatoNoOrochi

-Hi-score Winner: DeeDee Megadoodoo/JJ Arcega Whiteclaw
(1 box, sent by)
1: Zam

I've done my best to spread out distribution. If anyone has any major issues please state them now. Realized at the last second that I never got a location from Nickrowefillea and will be PM'ing him momentarily, so hopefully this will not be an issue. Please contact your box recipients for addresses and to see if there's any specific requests or even just some general ideas, though it seems like we're all chill folks and will be happy with anything we get. :cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsFI40bXROs

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 27, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I should be sending on Monday

Same here. Taking one last look at my local bottle shop this weekend but I think I've got everything I'm going to send.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Me: Wow, shipping for this is expensive. Next year I'll just grab a few high-end bottles.

Also me: Hurr Durr this looks good! also this! also this thing! oh wow cool lets get one of those... oh no why is shipping so expensive again!?

Taking me a little longer to get everything packed up but I'll definitely have my package out by tomorrow. How's everyone else coming? I wanna see more haul pics this year!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

^^^ gotcha, no worries.

My box has been dropped off and is in UPS's hands now.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Phone posting but rhe super short version is lots of bubble wrap. Wrap bottles individually and put each one in a ziploc or at least plastic shopping bag, sealed tight in case there's an unfortunate leak. Once you've gotten everything you're sending into your box, make sure to fill up any gaps. Nothing should wobble. Newspaper is the cheap and easy way to fill the last few spaces packing peanuts, styrofoam or more bubble wrap are also good choices. Make sure the package is sealed up tight. I've hear some recommend putting your entire haul into a garbage bag in addition to the above steps as additional security against leaks.

I'll probably do that myself next time. Others probably have more/better advice because I've only shipped three times.

Come to think of it all three times were to Zam. Zam! :argh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Zam posted:

First Beer Box arrived!

Actually arrived last week, but I was away for the week to fly up for the Niners game.

Go Niners!

Missing are duplicates of the cans for ease of taking the pictures, but Quiet Feet sent an awesome box with a great variety.

Rock Art, A River Runs Gruit
Lost Nation, Tossing Seeds
NEBCO, Supernaught
Relic Brewing, Ryepocalyps
Firefly Hollow, Wood Drip
Paradox, HighBiscus 2017
Maine Beer Co, Lunch
Southern Tier, Pumking 2015
Lawson's, Triple Sunshine
Relic Brewing, Death of Venus
Lawson's, Fayston Maple
Otter Creek, Mitch's Secret Stash
Otter Creek, Remarkable Sundae Stout

Thank you Quiet Feet!

Woo! Glad it all got there okay.

I mean, the Sundae Stout is liquid suffering but I feel like it should be inflicted on everyone so that beer drinkers the world over have the opportunity to hate it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

A package!? For me!? (pic incoming)

Oozlefinch brewing - Sutler's Ration weizenbock
Vasen Brewing Co - Hyperborean Galaxy IPA
Vasen Brewing Co - Hane farmhouse ale
Basic City Beer - Grin's Casket rye barrel stout
Basic City Beer - Gringo mole imperial stout
Legend brewing Co - Brown Ale
Hardywood - Cloud Shapes (X2)
Ardent - Dark Rye stout (X2)

I'm excited to see the word "rye" in there. Recently hit up Relic Brewing in CT and grabbed a 4-pack of that Ryepocalypse stout to try/ship with my box, and it made me realized I hadn't had a good rye beer in a long time. Mayflower Brewing in nearby Plymouth Mass does a Summer rye beer that's low ABV and very refreshing when it's hot out, but for some reason I can never find the drat stuff anymore. Love the Basic City bottles. Anyhow, thanks to Veritek!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

This is my dream. I am so over having a cellar. I want like a half dozen bottles of lambic and barleywine and that's it. One day, through dedication, I will get there.

I average a beer a night but occasionally think of just moving to having like one or two big fancy beers per week. There's just so much good beer out there it's almost impossible not to run across an old favorite I haven't had in a while or something new and interesting or something weird but super cheap in my local bottle shop's bargain bin.

Alright so what exactly is a plum pudding beer?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Package #2 arrived yesterday afternoon courtesy of Paul Proteus!

Revolution Brewing - Straight Jacket barleywine aged in bourbon barrels (15% abv jesus) X2
Half Acre - original Reaper stout
Half Acre - Benthic bourbon barrel stout
Off Color Brewing - Dino S'mores imperial stout X2
New Glarus - Raspberry Tart X2
New Glarus - Serendipity X2
New Glarus - Wisconsin Belgian Red
Misc brewery swag

Awesome haul! Special thanks to Paul Proteus for making a side trip for the New Glarus.

How is everyone else coming along? If you're having an issue please let me know. And as always it's better late than never with this. For exampe, I kept forgetting to link to the Goon beer exchange thread which has some tips on how to ship beer. :doh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Getting out to get your crowlers by Monday. Thanks for waiting, with twin hyperactive sons it's hard to get out of the house!

Heh, I have you shipping to Zam in Cali but if you really want to spend the money to send a crowler to Massachusetts I'm fine with that.

As a stay-at-home parent to exactly one preschooler, I semi-understand and have absolutely no idea how people handle more than that. :stare:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

From the thread activity we know that at least the following people have sent their boxes.

1: Paul Proteus
2: Veritek
3: Quiet Feet
4: Funkybottoms
5: YamataNoorochi
6: Spacejung
7: Alfalfa

Still waiting to hear if the following have arrived

8: Drunk Nerds - to Zam (by his last post it looks like his is on it's way?)
9: Deedee Megadoodoo - to Zam
10: Nickrowfillea - to Veritek83
11: Zam - to Deedee Megadoodoo
12: Sataere - Zam

Sent out an email. Giving it one more week before we turn in toxxes. It's been almost two months since the league's season ended. I'm assuming a lot of this is just people forgetting to post in the thread but I don't want a repeat of last year where we had two members flake out.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I am utterly embarrassed that I lost track of this but I think we're all good now? Afaict the only one I haven't gotten confirmation on was Sataere and it sounded like he was in the process the last time he checked in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alright, glad to hear everything is squared away. Going to close up this thread now! 2020 thread is up and we need peeps to vote on what to do about prizes if the season is shortened!