Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
:toxx: Auction, the only real draft format

I've done this league before and delivered on the beer I also ship beer to goons on the regular

I'll set up the Doodle later this morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Indicate all the times (PST) when you have ~2+ hours to draft or :siren:AUCTION!!:siren: here:

https://doodle.com/poll/wc9fpufmk2scpdyg

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Oh, rest of the form:
RB/WR/TE/Flex: 2/3/1/1, but IDC

Team Name: Keep On Hockenson the Free World

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Checked out the doodle and it doesn't seem like it actually has every day available? Like the way its set up, since some of the times listed start PM on one day and go to 1 AM, so it isn't allowing a PM start on the second day.

Wasn't actually going to vote on team config. Right now we're set up as QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex 1/2/2/1/1. If everyone is really gunning for adding a third WR slot we can vote, though I'd prefer to go light on rules changes this year.

Edit: added the Doodle link to the OP.

I just listed the dates when I was available. That's the beauty of being the Doodle Master

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So far, all 6 respondees can make it the evening of Thursday the 22nd

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Team Name: Keep On Hockenson the Free World

Whoops, I forgot we do beer-themed names. I'm now Njo by IPA

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Make sure you click the link and mark down your preferences.

https://doodle.com/poll/wc9fpufmk2scpdyg

Gonna give until Midnight EST Saturday to get all our preferences down, in case it looks like we'll be drafting early early next week

There's always discrepancies when figuring out a date. What I do is wait until the league has voted, then I send out notices to people who marked "no" on a day when a lot of us can draft, saying "hey, is there any way you can make this work, let's work it out." Works most of the time. I am commissioner of a league where, last week, only 6/10 people could agree on any time but, by talking and tweaking the time, we found a spot where 10/10 are available

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 16, 2019

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

Welcome to being the new beer commish

I'm happy to run any league that has an :siren:auction:siren: draft

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Auction is God

10/11 people can do Tuesday, August 20th and 10/11 can do Tuesday August 27th. Funkybottoms, Deedee Megadoodoo can we tweak the time to accomodate you? I'd be willing to put on a disguise and show up to your work for you.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Deedee'd had the opposite problem so if you can make the 20th work that's great.

So Tuesday August 20th, 8:00 until whenever we're finished. I'll set it up later today. Anybody who doesn't have auction experience, ESPN (and I'm guessing elsewhere) does have mock auction drafts you can take part in. Recommend you try 1 or 2 to get the gist of it.

Cooking breakfast or I'd have a little more to say now. Anyway auctions rule.

In the main FF thread I made a 6-step guide to getting up-to-speed quickly for those who are new to auctions:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888252&pagenumber=40&perpage=40#post497313736

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Aug 18, 2019

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I thought the alchemist went out of business? Was that just a rumor?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

ESPN just notified me the draft is tomorrow.

Is that correct?

Yup, prepare for the awesome power of numbers and shouting

I'll make a google hangout so I can stare you down

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Did google change the max users for hangouts? Last time we tried to do that during the draft it maxed out at 10. I can't remember what we used last year.

I think it's still ten, but usually 2 owners just dont have the bandwidth or desire to joined. Is that not true in here? Last time I did iso there were 16 teams

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I can make a draft room in our football absurdity discord. Will miss seeing people and striking terror in their eyes with my stoic gaze, but we can have all 12 owners in there

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Here we made a special discord room for chatting during the auction, which is always super fun
https://discord.gg/TNmXHt

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I had a great time joking around with you all on the discord!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

NickRoweFillea posted:

I overpaid for Alvin Kamara, but I wanted to draft him, so whatever

If you really wanted him then you can never overpay. It's like dating the partner of your dreams, it doesn't matter if you take them out to overpriced dates as long as you get laid.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

I think I'm the only guy who loves their team. Too bad half of them won't play week one.

I like my team. I wanted DJ, Kerryon, and Cooper really badly, and I got them with enough left over to round out my starters decently enough

My bench RBs are not good at all, but I have some depth at WR and enough starting rbs to wait for someone on my bench to get promoted due to injury, a bench WR to pop and get traded for an RB, or lucky WW guess

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I went to vote on it and it says "something went wrong" does that mean the trade got taken down?

I have ridley for $18, Davis for $6 compared to a hard $0 for Sanders, although industry is more like $8

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

bad trades

So campaign to have the "voting to remove bad trades" taken out before the draft starts.

You're a cool guy, but getting upset because people are debating about using an existing league rule to show their agreement/lack thereof for a trade is bad form. We're just debating about whether or not we should vote to reject this incredibly lopsided trade, which is a setting that's in the league. If trade vetoes weren't in place, I would definitely be on your side. But complaining about people discussing a veto rule that was in place at draft time is like complaining about 4 vs 6 pt passing touchdowns after the draft.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Sep 3, 2019

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Hey, while I'm here anyone want this burger I found in the trash? It was on the very top on top of a newspaper It only has one bite out of it.

No, but if you've got some French fries I know where we can find a whole bunch of salt.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
alive

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Eh, congrats Mikkyler 5oz pour. I think you jumped 3 people to make the playoffs!

This is one of my favorite leagues, because even though I finished one spot out of the money rounds, I get to hand-select a bunch of beer for someone. I've received 4-5 bombers for placing in this league, but whoever draws me you're going to get ~6 crowlers of insanity from my PNW nerd beer bar

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
What the hell? I don't understand that at all.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So we start with 6 teams. Week 1 the losers are eliminated, then week two the top two scores of the three remaining teams go to the final?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My nerd beer bar has 40 taps that cycle on the reg and a crowler machine, so whoever gets me is getting like 6 32 oz cans of pure joy.

I would like someone who isn't totally averse to IPA. While every beer is good, I'm like 2 hours away from Yakima Valley so I love blowing people's mind with how powerful a recently hopped beer can be

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
PM me an address, Zam

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We dip below freezing this weekend so I'm holding off until we get a week of non freezing forecasts.

I'm excited, though: my nerd beer bar does crawlers so Zam get ready to be amazed

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Package #2 arrived yesterday afternoon courtesy of Paul Proteus!

Revolution Brewing - Straight Jacket barleywine aged in bourbon barrels (15% abv jesus) X2
Half Acre - original Reaper stout
Half Acre - Benthic bourbon barrel stout
Off Color Brewing - Dino S'mores imperial stout X2
New Glarus - Raspberry Tart X2
New Glarus - Serendipity X2
New Glarus - Wisconsin Belgian Red
Misc brewery swag

Awesome haul! Special thanks to Paul Proteus for making a side trip for the New Glarus.

How is everyone else coming along? If you're having an issue please let me know. And as always it's better late than never with this. For exampe, I kept forgetting to link to the Goon beer exchange thread which has some tips on how to ship beer. :doh:

Getting out to get your crowlers by Monday. Thanks for waiting, with twin hyperactive sons it's hard to get out of the house!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Heh, I have you shipping to Zam in Cali but if you really want to spend the money to send a crowler to Massachusetts I'm fine with that.

As a stay-at-home parent to exactly one preschooler, I semi-understand and have absolutely no idea how people handle more than that. :stare:

Oh, right Zam, thanks

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

I've been delayed in sending, but have not forgotten. Hope to have this done by the end of the week.

I often see advice to wait until there's a week when night temps aren't below freezing. That's what's delayed me in part. Often shipping facilities aren't heated at night.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Zam posted:

You're shipping to beautiful SoCal - we don't freeze. Never had an issue with somebody shipping to me even when temps were in the 10s, but shipping INTO freezing temperatures is a bit more complicated.

Okay, cool. I bought the Crowlers yesterday and will ship today.

At my nerd beer bar I was polling people as to what local beers were best and they kept saying stuff like, "oooh speedway stout is great." I mean, it is great, but you can get that in SoCal, so eventually I just gave up and sample a bunch of beers myself.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

Any new deliveries lately?

Who still needs to ship?

It’s been 2+ months...

I shipped Monday and sent Zam the tracking info

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Zam posted:

There was a shipping issue for the box I was to receive from Deedee Megadoodoo, but a box was sent (and returned) and we are working out the rest. We've been in communication about it.

Haven't heard anything from Sataere.

I'll poke him. He's reliable, just has had a lot going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Zam posted:

Received the below crowlers from Drunk Nerds over the weekend!

Some favorites from the PNW here, and some new beers I look forward to trying. Thanks!

What were the favs and what was new*? I did a lot of research so I'm really interested in your opinions of what's new.

*I'm sure Boneyard RPM wasn't new. Every time someone comes into town and is like "what is beer like with fresh yakima valley hops?" I give them the RPM