Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Quiet Feet posted:

Alright, invites have been sent out. if everyone could post their toxxes and vote on snake vs auction as soon as possible that would be great. IIRC we determined draft date via something called Doodle last year? if anyone knows how that works and wants to set it up that would be a huge help.

You know what. Screw it. I’m back in this year. I can’t go down in flames last 3 weeks again can I?

Also are we holding deposits this year to be returned once case is received?

Always makes me sad when one guy gets burned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

So far, all 6 respondees can make it the evening of Thursday the 22nd

Will be tough but I should be able to make it if that’s what gets decided upon.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

There's always discrepancies when figuring out a date. What I do is wait until the league has voted, then I send out notices to people who marked "no" on a day when a lot of us can draft, saying "hey, is there any way you can make this work, let's work it out." Works most of the time. I am commissioner of a league where, last week, only 6/10 people could agree on any time but, by talking and tweaking the time, we found a spot where 10/10 are available

Welcome to being the new beer commish

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I will not just ban myself but kick my own rear end if I fail to send delicious alcoholic liquid to my recipient by said date. Lock it and Toxx it.

Auction draft
RB/WR/TE (like anyone would actually put a Te in that spot) flex

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

ESPN just notified me the draft is tomorrow.

Is that correct?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I’m too scared to even see what my team looks like as a whole.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

You guys are all screwed. Just send me beer now

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

I never wish injury on a player, so goondolences to Lamar Miller and may he have a speedy recovery, but I’m glad my Duke Johnson pick was what I hoped it’d be

Good job getting Ajayi’s handcuff :)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

He wants Denver’s WR1 and I wanted depth after Harry went to IR?

drat just play the season and stop worrying about bad trades and people having to justify themselves.

Great way to ruin a league and kill all desire to trade if this keeps up.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

So campaign to have the "voting to remove bad trades" taken out before the draft starts.

You're a cool guy, but getting upset because people are debating about using an existing league rule to show their agreement/lack thereof for a trade is bad form. We're just debating about whether or not we should vote to reject this incredibly lopsided trade, which is a setting that's in the league. If trade vetoes weren't in place, I would definitely be on your side. But complaining about people discussing a veto rule that was in place at draft time is like complaining about 4 vs 6 pt passing touchdowns after the draft.

the talk about explaining trades, or collusion has never been mentioned once in the 2 (maybe 3?) years I’ve been in this league before.

I’m not sure why this year the trades are all the sudden such a big deal and people are demanding explanations.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Just to save any more time with me going over rosters, is there anyone willing to trade a tight end?

My wife says I have a tight end. Not sure what I’d trade it for, but shoot me an offer.

Pics can be provided if needed.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

So my team sucks, but I’m the interest of making sure no one dips out on their boxes this year let’s do a sound off and start having people comment in here that they are still alive.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

When is the trade deadline?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

How does the consolation bracket work?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Also for guys who have their best interests at heart, but get too busy or lazy to get a box out together and sent out.

Don’t just dip. Either buy someone a Tavour GC, or Venmo the commish $$ and we can get a box sent out for you.

Sometimes crap happens and you get busy, but that takes 30 seconds.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Texas, but like most years I’ll miss out on getting a box by one place in some form or fashion

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Got Veritek’s address.

Box will be heading out mid-late next week.

How’s everyone else coming along?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Veritek - 4 32oz crowlers are now sitting in my fridge of some popular craft Texas goodness from my nerd bar.

Going to check my bottle collection today to see if I have anything worth adding, but box will be out Monday the latest.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Veritek. Work travel screened this week all up, but the crowlers are in my fridge.

If I don’t end up drinking them this weekend, they will be out Wednesday the latest.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

4 local 32oz crowlers are packed and headed your way tomorrow Veritek.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Veritek you should be getting your package today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Any new deliveries lately?

Who still needs to ship?

It’s been 2+ months...