Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. Steak posted:

i approve of murder IS then decide

Mr. Steak posted:

actually, ##vote KB he's sketchy

Mr. Steak posted:

i dont think we should vote for someone who cant defend himself w anything except gifs

Mr. Steak posted:

guys just vote for KB already. whats with all the trash votes of literally everybody else?

Mr. Steak posted:

hmm you know what okay ##vote IS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Enemy Mine! ##vote mr steak

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
##vote binus

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

opinions change bruv. its been like a day and a half since i said those things

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Enemy Mine! ##vote mr steak

Excellent film. (off topic)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tommunist posted:

##vote binus

Missing in Action 2

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

:confused:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

IllegallySober posted:

Seems like you’d want to use that once we had a little more info, no?
Okay so this post is the crux of the case again IS, yea?

You guys do realize IS was already voting Nat20 when he made this post ... right?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Bifauxnen posted:

ok everyone STOP EVERYTHING

Can you scroll back to look at this full post? Do you see what IS is doing in this post? He's trying to discredit the point I've made about him and act like all he did was just be excited about a good ol D1 turbo and poo poo. But here:

##vote IS this is the absolute best vote today.
++ suspicion to Bif for the weird out of context spin again a post restricted player.

Would vote Bif.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

yuming posted:

++ suspicion to Bif for the weird out of context spin again a post restricted player.

Would vote Bif.

This is not the first bad/suspect post Bif has made today but I still want to know why merk is lying.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mikujin posted:

This is not the first bad/suspect post Bif has made today but I still want to know why merk is lying.
I've felt suspicious of merk since he voted KB.

Like, I want to think KB is scum. However, I can also see merk throwing his vote there as scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikujin posted:

wait, whaf is merk lying about?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yuming posted:

Would vote Bif.

how is it out of context, and how is it spin? How does IS voting Nat20 have absolutely anything to do with the point I actually made? GGN's idea was a helpful one for town, and IS was backing up Byers in being critical of it for bad reasons, to help ensure it never happened. If anything leaving a vote on Nat20 only helped ensure the day ended before that could happen!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Idk what to do

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
If IS is town, I’m surprised there isn’t a push yet scum to lunch. Seems odd that scum would be ok with a no lunch

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Bifauxnen posted:

how is it out of context, and how is it spin? How does IS voting Nat20 have absolutely anything to do with the point I actually made? GGN's idea was a helpful one for town, and IS was backing up Byers in being critical of it for bad reasons, to help ensure it never happened. If anything leaving a vote on Nat20 only helped ensure the day ended before that could happen!
I don't see not wanting to do a double kill that could kill GGN without majority as scummy. Mostly indifferent because I feel the same way-- we are going to get enough ~crazy deaths~ this game.

It seems like you are working backwards on a gotcha point.

Also,

b-minus1 posted:

If IS is town, I’m surprised there isn’t a push yet scum to lunch. Seems odd that scum would be ok with a no lunch
This game is plurality lynch. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is R I P

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Quidthulhu posted:

The cases on me seem pretty disingenuous since my content has been zero, so I’m not sure what case could be made beyond “man he’s not playing”

Okay no, this is poo poo. You have three posts prior to this one, yes, but literally no one has suggested you as a lurker lynch. It's because you made one post that was garbage and people noticed it. Surely you remember it, it was where you misunderstood DB and poo poo on him in the process:

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm 90% sure I had a scum mole in my shelf, I dont like the way the day ended yesterday hal and byers lookin suss

A Reasonable Post, considering d1 ended abruptly

Quidthulhu posted:

You don’t like how we dunked scum yesterday? 🤔🤔🤔

A poo poo Reply, which does nothing except throw shade and scamper off again.

##vote Quid

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm voting either IS or Hal so yeah

##vote IS

Do we still have opponents to doing GGNs murder thing and then following it up with a dunk?

How about IS and Hal in either order?

I don't think we have enough people in agreement to pull it off. GGN gets killed if more people vote no than yes.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mikujin posted:

Sure, but I'm trying to figure out why you're lying

.... K I just noticed this. You wanna elaborate, because this sounds big.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm waiting to see what Miku says before I vote

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

I personally think cuddling someone with a posting restriction that can't adequately defend themselves is kind of scummy. Granted we are looking at posts from yesterday when IS didn't have the posting restriction, but I really don't like that at all. However in a game with 3 loving PR powers (Hal - Movies, GGN - Emojis, and IS - Gifs) it seems like an unreasonable expectation since we are going to have a lot of PR's throughout the game.

Not from me, we aren't. Handing out PRs on D2 of a role madness game is one thing, but making GBS threads up the game with them afterwards is another.

Oh wait, you might have missed it -- I did all three of those, and I'm not going to do it again.

I really don't like taking out IS when he can't defend himself, and I'm not really following the case on him to start with. If it's such a slam dunk, can't it wait until he has the English language at his disposal again?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

spacing in vienna posted:

A view to a kill?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

you might have missed it -- I did all three of those, and I'm not going to do it again.

Thanks!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yuming posted:

I don't see not wanting to do a double kill that could kill GGN without majority as scummy. Mostly indifferent because I feel the same way-- we are going to get enough ~crazy deaths~ this game.

It seems like you are working backwards on a gotcha point.

How were we not going to get a majority?

At the time, Nat20 was outed with a scum result on him. It was a sure thing, and there was still a lot of time left in the day. It was the safest possible scenario in which GGN could possibly have used her power.

Once Nat20 got murdered via GGN, D1 and the actual game of Mafia could have continued.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Not from me, we aren't. Handing out PRs on D2 of a role madness game is one thing, but making GBS threads up the game with them afterwards is another.

Oh wait, you might have missed it -- I did all three of those, and I'm not going to do it again.

I really don't like taking out IS when he can't defend himself, and I'm not really following the case on him to start with. If it's such a slam dunk, can't it wait until he has the English language at his disposal again?

well that's what I thought too until he tried to play off my case like what I said didn't even happen.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I'm waiting to see what Miku says before I vote

That was then... This is now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

A room with a view?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hey Sal I'm sorry that you are in pain rn. Dunno why people were giving you poo poo for being fuzzy from pain pills, that stuff will gently caress you up.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

It's not so big, but he is lying about being roleblocked, which may mean he did jail (super-jail?) Byers. There's no reason to lie about something so innocuous, even less so for him to come out and let us know unless he's trying to cause more confusion.

That being said, there's no reason to lie if you are town.

Hal Incandenza posted:

A view to a kill?
:perfect:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Bifauxnen posted:

How were we not going to get a majority?

At the time, Nat20 was outed with a scum result on him. It was a sure thing, and there was still a lot of time left in the day. It was the safest possible scenario in which GGN could possibly have used her power.

Once Nat20 got murdered via GGN, D1 and the actual game of Mafia could have continued.
Yea, we would've then. I wish D1 lasted longer too but I was watching Suspiria and then BAM HAMMER DONE, alas.

I just don't see it as soooo scummy from IS. It is just like one little thing, a lot of people want to let the role madness play out that is probably a bit part of why they signed up for the game.

Feeling less suspicious of Bif though because I forgot he came out swinging at IS.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yuming posted:

Feeling less suspicious of Bif though because I forgot he came out swinging at IS.

Girls just want to have fun

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Hal Incandenza posted:

Girls just want to have fun
Sorry, I almost wrote "they" but couldn't remember :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Why is KB scum?

#1 Heavy focus on analyzing night actions - how can we reasonably think we have reliable info here?

#2 Bad tone read. Here's my POV and the scum POV I see: Byers and Gen revealed without prompting their abilities in chat and were even like "hmm, who should we kill with our powers?" scum on our shelf saw this and hosed with night actions. KB did comment about PGO in chat with something like "wow so many killing powers here on this shelf!"

For KB to call me cagey for not sharing power info in that context it just feels off. As far as I remember, I haven't misrepresented anything from mason-chat last night either which KB has also used in his case on me. I am imagining a scum KB taking talking points from role madness because that is easy for scum to create content from.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidthulhu posted:

Have had friends in from out of town and been a lot busier than I anticipated, and this game has also moved way fast so it’s been hard to catch up.

The cases on me seem pretty disingenuous since my content has been zero, so I’m not sure what case could be made beyond “man he’s not playing”

But I’ll happily be the dunk for today if it clears it up! Just let me know cause I won’t catch up if that’s the case :v:
Hey Quid how's catching up going for you?

My bird ketchup just said "KETCHUP" as I typed this so you better respond. <:mad:>

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

yuming posted:

Why is KB scum?

#1 Heavy focus on analyzing night actions - how can we reasonably think we have reliable info here?

#2 Bad tone read. Here's my POV and the scum POV I see: Byers and Gen revealed without prompting their abilities in chat and were even like "hmm, who should we kill with our powers?" scum on our shelf saw this and hosed with night actions. KB did comment about PGO in chat with something like "wow so many killing powers here on this shelf!"

For KB to call me cagey for not sharing power info in that context it just feels off. As far as I remember, I haven't misrepresented anything from mason-chat last night either which KB has also used in his case on me. I am imagining a scum KB taking talking points from role madness because that is easy for scum to create content from.

I play these games for the night action puzzle solving. You've played with me several times so I feel like you must know this. So again, just trying to sell nonsense to others for your scum game.

You are the only person in our chat who didn't talk about scum reads or powers, right? I'm not misremembering? Thus cagey.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
D1

Tommunist posted:

##vote binus

Die avenger devil
D2

Tommunist posted:

Toalpaz im not scum im shelf aligned

Tommunist posted:

##vote binus
Real quality post history here :sparkles:

Would vote Tomm.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I still think yuming and steak are great choices. Since we have to self police lurking, also willing to vote for any lurkers/content lurkers. Like quid if he doesn't show up and contribute.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mikujin posted:

It's not so big, but he is lying about being roleblocked, which may mean he did jail (super-jail?) Byers. There's no reason to lie about something so innocuous, even less so for him to come out and let us know unless he's trying to cause more confusion.

That being said, there's no reason to lie if you are town.

:perfect:

I’m not lying. My action to target Byers failed because of a bubble. The flavor (like eight words) made it sound like I was roleblocked and not targeting someone jailed. That’s it. I’m not saying anything else because there’s nothing else to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

King Burgundy posted:

I play these games for the night action puzzle solving. You've played with me several times so I feel like you must know this. So again, just trying to sell nonsense to others for your scum game.

You are the only person in our chat who didn't talk about scum reads or powers, right? I'm not misremembering? Thus cagey.

So your puzzle solving skills involve you claiming 100% confirmed town on d2. How would you, the great puzzle solver, react to this claim if someone else made it?