Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

You live in KC? Have you been to Up-down? That place is awesome. who knew that there was a market for people that enjoy arcade games and alcohol

You guys live in KC? I’m there fairly often we should go play games and drink. Just ask KB how much fun I am when I come to your town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

You guys live in KC? I’m there fairly often we should go play games and drink. Just ask KB how much fun I am when I come to your town

I'm always down for something like that

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

SalTheBard posted:

I know this is off topic as well, but I really miss Cyber Cafes. For about 2ish years 1999 - 2001 I spent a lot of time at various cyber cafes. When I was in Tech School in Biloxi there was one called Cyber Cove and I swear to God my friends and I would spend like $100 a month to get unlimited hours on the computers. We would go there Friday night and not come back until Sunday. We would play Counter Strike, Diablo II, Everquest and Quake III Arena. Our Cyber Cafe had a culture around it (for example all the EQ players got together, printed up all the EQ Atlas maps and made our own annotations on it (camps, rare spawns, etc)). The Diablo II players all wanted the same computers (because thats were their characters were). It was really a thing of the late 90 and once I got my own computer and a broadband connection I never looked back but yeah thats my little side topic.

Sal, I'm not surprised in any way that you were Air Force.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Mr. Steak posted:

thats the most broken role ever. the only way to lose is to survive the whole game

Looks like I'm on easy street!

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Byers2142 posted:

But... really? It's good? That blows my mind even more.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Euro Truck Sim and the like, but that seems like there's just not enough there to be even a $20 game.

Its pretty barebones, but you're basically running a small computer repair business. You have to juggle multiple repairs/order and deal with shipping time for parts you need to buy (and deal with managing your not-infinite business funds). Similar to how in Eurotruck you're dealing with having enough money for gas and dealing with the risks of breaking traffic laws and getting fined.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

So I've been thinking about what role I may get, and I'm predicting based on my picks that I will be a Hated Bulletproof Jester. Which may be the best role I've ever had in Mafia if it's accurate.

Oh sweet summer child.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
release us cpig. let us do the violence!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

cpig I hope you used the third game on my list

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

Sal, I'm not surprised in any way that you were Air Force.

What does that mean?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Oh sweet summer child.

I gave you a good role in my CYOS game, don't screw me now CPig.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope cpig used primarily the 1st game on my list

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
nice I'm already voting for bif

also I stand by my game choices but I should have tripled down on my first one

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Finally finished writing roles, now I have some bookkeeping and setup to do.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CapitalistPig posted:

Finally finished writing roles, now I have some bookkeeping and setup to do.

Mafia when?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm going to pretend I am the video game of "mafia" played online.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to pretend I am the video game of "mafia" played online.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I never said I was mafia you're putting words in my mouth.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I will be posting a photo of all three of my games D1.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

I will be posting a photo of all three of my games D1.

Posting a role PM is a modkill CPig I demand that you modkill Byers or else I will complain some more!!!!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes, i would also consider posting your games to be "quoting mod communication" (which means both ways)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

yes, i would also consider posting your games to be "quoting mod communication" (which means both ways)

You shouldn't be allowed to use a single word CPig has ever said or heard IMO.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
My list of games makes little sense so I can't wait to see what cpig does with it. Also:

SalTheBard posted:

Mafia when?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Did I say I'd post my role PM? I said a photo of all three games, which is not my role nor my alignment.

In fact, maybe I'll post it now?

So, how do you like my games? Sure, the image is a little small...

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

Really? Everyone in my area has shut down. Honestly I don't know why anyone would go to them anymore. For the money you send there you could get a great computer and with high speed internet being so readily available it's not a novelty anymore. For example Cyber Cove had a T3 and now I have Google Fiber for probably a fraction of what they were paying for the T3 line

Yeah, we have at least one in ABQ. Like, I don't think I'd go to one, but the appeal is some of the stuff you mentioned. Getting together with a bunch of people in person for lan party style shenanigans. PC games, console games, etc.

And as mentioned, they are still quite popular in many places overseas.

Hal Incandenza posted:

You too can have Hal come to your town over and over and talk a big game about how you will grab a drink or something next time he is in town but it never happens. :)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am done with what needs doing, once everyone gets in discord I can start sending pms and get things kickin

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also changing your nickname in discord to your forums name will be incredibly helpful since there are 3 people not in there yet and it will help me figure out who.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GenericGirlName posted:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GenericGirlName posted:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
make everyone get in discord then

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapitalistPig posted:

make everyone get in discord then

name and shame

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Steak posted:

name and shame

We await fitty, redneck, and yuming.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
At this point though it will be tomorrow, as soon as everyone gets in it will take a good chunk of time getting role pms prepped and sending them, then typing up a good day 1 post.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Cpig I need to know my role

Why are you hurting me?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GenericGirlName posted:

Cpig I need to know my role

Why are you hurting me?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

who the gently caress changed my name on discord

show yourself, coward

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GAME WHEEEEEEEEEEN

oh, then. Still though.

GAME WHEEEEEEEEEEN

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I was sleeping zzzzz

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapitalistPig posted:

GET IN

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

You too can have Hal come to your town over and over and talk a big game about how you will grab a drink or something next time he is in town but it never happens. :)

I will be in Santa Fe for multiple days next week and only working late at night I will totally come to ABQ this time if you are around! Hit me up on PM or discord!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

CapitalistPig posted:

Dayvigs await them