Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I wanna play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
:sun:

I played werewolf flavor mafia with my summer school class after they really liked Chameleon, which is a great board game that targets language skills and reading facial expressions and perspective taking. I had to remind them not to call each other stupid for making wrong cases because that is part of the game!

I am looking forward to two more nice summer weekends!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Hal Incandenza posted:

I hope I get a role that allows me to be mean to yuming
ooo noo

If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

SolusLunes posted:

I would love to get me one of those.
Ooo I have played that before the pods looked just like that. I was Very Bad at it :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I was sleeping zzzzz

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I wish upon a star for ONE scum faction.

I predict-

6 people:
Nat20
King Burgundy
CCKeane
Mr. Humalong
Hal
yuming

1 ~neutral party~ but a crazy role JOAT type something:
Quid

Neutral party idk it is going to be some weird wincon that blurs between GOOD AND EVIL.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good Evening!

I think Byers is town.

##vote Toalpaz

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Toalpaz posted:

I said I was going to policy lynch him if he was town last game and he was. We just can't afford to have binus alive end of today.
Today is a new day, today is a new game.

I am watching little sparrows eat dinner. Also now I have two pet conures, Korben Dallas and Ketchup. Ketchup can say KETCHUP KETCHUP.

What is new with you guys?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Byers2142 posted:

Hi, yuming! Same question, why Toalpaz?
Because of tone initially. I do not care for policy votes, either.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

spacing in vienna posted:

My terrified traumatized rescue kitty is finally, finally brave enough to wander the house and now snuggles up with older rescue kitty and makes him lick her and it is the cutest thing ever, I might spam pics.
Cute kitty friends :sun:

Korben does not like Ketchup much but will preen his head. Ketchup LOVES Korben and follows him around like Ruby Rhod.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning! Yesterday was my birthday :sun:

Keane asked in the chat last night if anyone wants to play a fun minigame that might give them a boon or murder them and Byers accepted so there's that. 50 also hinted at doing "something bad" or something to that effect but I can only read the section of chat that I was last looking at so I can't go back to it. Gen and Byers both wanted to kill Hal for the hammer.

Overall I ++ suspicious of Keane and 50. I don't really have any strong reads so far though.

ttyl thread.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Then KB is lying or Byers really is dead
Lying about what?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

About being PGO, and instead is openly claiming the kill to avoid suspicion.

He's confirmed flavor confirms his doing a kill so either byers was a scum kill' or KB is lying about the pgo status IF AND ONLY IF Jen really killed herself inadvertently
I wish I could remember our shelf chat better, but what I remember is Gen and Byers claiming killing powers first and then KB saying something about a killing role and then adding PGO.

Keane, does that sound right?

I feel Byers is town.

I also have a bad vibe read on KB. I will reread and shade it in more when I am at computer.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Why Hal? Byers was pushing for us to lynch Nat asap, and Hal hammered.

But if scum have a poisoner, that also explains the lack of a scum kill.
iirc it was for ending discussion for the day.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Byers2142 posted:

Then you're arguing we shouldn't turbo, which I can buy. But the Murder I'm not sold on.

We can extend the day without adding a likely mislynch, which is the result if we Murder whomever.
It sounds like Byers was more against a second D1 vote out.

Not that he wanted to straight turbo Nat20 ASAP.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

50 pounds of bread posted:

Oft, haha, wow. What game is yuming because she sounds like a robot. Haha.
Oft, haha, wow.

Is that an alignment call or ? ? ?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

Gut shot here, I'm pinging on bif and KB. Do I have a case? Friends, I do not.
Again, I agree on KB but it is a tone read.

The best I can say is KB's first in-game post bugs me--

King Burgundy posted:

Well, turns out my prediction [about who is on the scum team before the game] is wrong. So you may very well be scum. :)

##vote Solus
KB makes an, I assume, joke-vote quoting a Solus post from before the game actually started.

Is this scum KB joking because he knows who is on the team? That is something I can imagine KB would like to do because he plays a very mastermind-type scum that likes to drop hints and to see what he can get away with and weave ~webs of lies~ which fits with all the night action bingo that has been going on today. And in the shelf chat last night too.

What do you guys think? I vote on tone.

##vote KB

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I also want to say that because Byers, Gen and Keane all revealed a lot about what they were doing in our chat last night, it would've been relatively easy for scum to intervene in and spin the actions to their advantage. Which is what KB focused on this game day as his content before jury duty. The perspective fits for me of KB and possibly 50 as scum on my shelf.

Keane feels more town though I have no specific reason for that.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Ya know, besides him agreeing with my tone read on KB.

I also agree Hal's hammer reads more scum than not.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Steak posted:

guys come on we're gonna no-lynch if we dont make up our minds
It is plurality :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

IllegallySober posted:

Seems like you’d want to use that once we had a little more info, no?
Okay so this post is the crux of the case again IS, yea?

You guys do realize IS was already voting Nat20 when he made this post ... right?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Bifauxnen posted:

ok everyone STOP EVERYTHING

Can you scroll back to look at this full post? Do you see what IS is doing in this post? He's trying to discredit the point I've made about him and act like all he did was just be excited about a good ol D1 turbo and poo poo. But here:

##vote IS this is the absolute best vote today.
++ suspicion to Bif for the weird out of context spin again a post restricted player.

Would vote Bif.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mikujin posted:

This is not the first bad/suspect post Bif has made today but I still want to know why merk is lying.
I've felt suspicious of merk since he voted KB.

Like, I want to think KB is scum. However, I can also see merk throwing his vote there as scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Bifauxnen posted:

how is it out of context, and how is it spin? How does IS voting Nat20 have absolutely anything to do with the point I actually made? GGN's idea was a helpful one for town, and IS was backing up Byers in being critical of it for bad reasons, to help ensure it never happened. If anything leaving a vote on Nat20 only helped ensure the day ended before that could happen!
I don't see not wanting to do a double kill that could kill GGN without majority as scummy. Mostly indifferent because I feel the same way-- we are going to get enough ~crazy deaths~ this game.

It seems like you are working backwards on a gotcha point.

Also,

b-minus1 posted:

If IS is town, I’m surprised there isn’t a push yet scum to lunch. Seems odd that scum would be ok with a no lunch
This game is plurality lynch. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is R I P

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Bifauxnen posted:

How were we not going to get a majority?

At the time, Nat20 was outed with a scum result on him. It was a sure thing, and there was still a lot of time left in the day. It was the safest possible scenario in which GGN could possibly have used her power.

Once Nat20 got murdered via GGN, D1 and the actual game of Mafia could have continued.
Yea, we would've then. I wish D1 lasted longer too but I was watching Suspiria and then BAM HAMMER DONE, alas.

I just don't see it as soooo scummy from IS. It is just like one little thing, a lot of people want to let the role madness play out that is probably a bit part of why they signed up for the game.

Feeling less suspicious of Bif though because I forgot he came out swinging at IS.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Hal Incandenza posted:

Girls just want to have fun
Sorry, I almost wrote "they" but couldn't remember :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Why is KB scum?

#1 Heavy focus on analyzing night actions - how can we reasonably think we have reliable info here?

#2 Bad tone read. Here's my POV and the scum POV I see: Byers and Gen revealed without prompting their abilities in chat and were even like "hmm, who should we kill with our powers?" scum on our shelf saw this and hosed with night actions. KB did comment about PGO in chat with something like "wow so many killing powers here on this shelf!"

For KB to call me cagey for not sharing power info in that context it just feels off. As far as I remember, I haven't misrepresented anything from mason-chat last night either which KB has also used in his case on me. I am imagining a scum KB taking talking points from role madness because that is easy for scum to create content from.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidthulhu posted:

Have had friends in from out of town and been a lot busier than I anticipated, and this game has also moved way fast so it’s been hard to catch up.

The cases on me seem pretty disingenuous since my content has been zero, so I’m not sure what case could be made beyond “man he’s not playing”

But I’ll happily be the dunk for today if it clears it up! Just let me know cause I won’t catch up if that’s the case :v:
Hey Quid how's catching up going for you?

My bird ketchup just said "KETCHUP" as I typed this so you better respond. <:mad:>

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
D1

Tommunist posted:

##vote binus

Die avenger devil
D2

Tommunist posted:

Toalpaz im not scum im shelf aligned

Tommunist posted:

##vote binus
Real quality post history here :sparkles:

Would vote Tomm.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
AAAA IT IS PLURALITY VOTE whoever has most votes is dead.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
The game is plurality vote you don't need a majority to kill at the end of the day.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
"The most" and "majority" are different a majority is 50% + 1 vote. The most is the vote leader at the end of the day.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Was just thinking Quid is scummy for not bothering to come back to the thread.

What is his meta like lately? I feel like town Quid is more likely to come back and offer something.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
OMG how can 5 people not even vote are you serious.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
The stubborn refusal to vote IS reads more town to me for KB as well.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote quid

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Yeah this shift is giving me weird vibes, esp since this is plurality.
I feel better about this than KB now, honestly.

Sure, scum KB can say he won't vote IS on principle, but that is not smart scum play and it would make a difference when KB posted that.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

50 pounds of bread posted:

I'm telling you. It's the robot.
What percentage of players know that you are referring to me, I wonder?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapitalistPig posted:

Sad kazoo music plays
Does this mean we're not going to be able to kill Quid? I don't like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

I see your point, and hell, I cased quid. I just get nervous whenever a case gets big traction at the last minute. Makes me think scum are pushing.
Yea that is how I was beginning to feel about KB. Like "eh, this read is not that good."

Toalpaz posted:

If Quid's jester nice job I guess
But it's SAD music.