Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

In to lurk like a motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Byers2142 posted:

##vote Bifauxnen

nice, killing jokephase early this game

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

i feel really good about my 3.

Same, I got a cool theme to mine

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

I'm going to tell you a story, about a man who ruled his kingdom with an Iron Fist and did everything he can to hold the young talent down.

This man is a snake who can lie to you face to face and not even blink.

Ma Belle was feared throughout Mexico, during the Shine Wars of 2017 the snake Natural 20 bamboozled her for weeks leading to Ma Belle's final downfall.

Nat 20 not only is a snake, but is a bad mod. Nat, you are a bad mod and hosed me over, and I'm not going to stand for it.

I'm still not over the mental anguish you inflicted on me in Fate Stay/Night. The way you looked on and laughed as I blindly bumbeled my way to a loss still haunts me at night. I lost my innocence that game and you are the one to blame.

You made me into the shell of the man I am today, you are the reason I can't hug my son, you are the reason for the death of my innocence.

I challenge you Nat 20 to the ultimate Mafia duel. You vs. Me one on one. But this won't be any normal match no...no...I want to make sure you suffer!

I challenge you to a Dixieland Match, but unlike the last Dixieland match this one will have a Punjabi Prison cage, with an Elimination Chamber, with a Terrodome on top of it. The only way to win is climb over the top of the first cage, escape the Punjabi prison, have the official open the door to the elimination chamber and then escape through the top of the terrodome then get to the ramp on the top of the stage, climb the ladder and take the title of ultimate mafia player, but it won't be easy for you Nat20.

The cages can't contain my fury for you being a bad mod. It won't contain my fury for the mental anguish you've caused me in FSN. I will get revenge for Ma Belle, I will make sure you never run a game again, I will grind you down to your avatar, you will become the personfication of the snake you are. This will be the ultimate nightkill and no amount of bulletproof will help.

VENGEANCE

( :love:)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I hope I get a role that allows me to be mean to yuming

At least I know if I wanna get triple modkilled, all I gotta do is pretend I got a role with a day action that does!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

spacing in vienna posted:

Cpig can we form an unconfirmed masonry where all we do is bullshit about retro games if we solemnly promise we never mention the game at all?

how dare you rob the main thread of precious retro gaming shitposts, that's what we're here for!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GOOD POINT.

I apologize for my shamefulness and make an offering of retro game factoids. How's this: I owned the actual infamous ET Atari game. And I owned a game about the rock group Journey trying to dodge groupies and get to their spaceship.

... dammit why was that not one of the games on my list.

I also owned ET and even kinda liked it at the time?? I was very young then of course.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

all SNES all the time

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IllegallySober posted:

seven scumbos confirmed

Yeah that's a good number I think. Could even risk having as many as 8 maybe, since role madness tends to help town, unless the scum get some really ridiculous game breaking poo poo.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

What I wanna know is if anyone else ever had a Colecovision

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Best hope I'm on the scum team with you if you roll scum, buddy

Note to self: If Hal isn't trying to kill AA, they both scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GAME WHEEEEEEEEEEN

oh, then. Still though.

GAME WHEEEEEEEEEEN

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

I'm going to crib off this one for my answer.

1 scum team. 8 people:
Nat20
Bifauxnen
King Burgundy
CCKeane
Sal
Hal
yuming
AA

if only, drat

Byers2142 posted:

So I just started watching the Natural20 XCom 2 LP (which I'm pretty sure is yours), and I now get to call you a liar and a no good, very bad scum in this game. Weird how serendipity works sometimes.

oh nice! It's a good LP if I do say so myself!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

oh nice! It's a good LP if I do say so myself!

PS for Shine V vets, it features sniper Ma Ferguson

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GenericGirlName posted:

Is this a social experiment to see how long goons will wait to do some forums RP

I'm already pushing it trying to Mafia at the same time as an RP now you wanna add RP to the mafia game!?!!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh cool, Byers is gone already so next up is

##vote IS

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok IS is cause he was backing Byers up on poo-pooing the double lunch.

Double lunch is super helpful to town because it doubles the main weapon town has for finding scum, also for increasing the amount of gameplay available for analysis by establishing vote and casing history.

Framing up GGN's idea as pointless was :wrong: especially in the D1 situation where we had a bagged scum, thus making her use of the ability absolutely zero risk. "Oh but then for the real lunch we might get it wroooong" yes but then we will have actually had a D1 instead of zero content cause everyone had the Correct Optimal Choice handed to them on a silver platter.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

But I don't know if Byers is actually dead though? Spectator and dead are different things.

huh! Well if he shows back up let's lunch him then

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

lol i dont think you've made a convincing case for this, but youre acting like its a foregone conclusion

ok

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

This, in addition to the fact that you're not actually doing what you said you would in the masonry (which would have been a good scum play, given that iirc Toalpaz and Steak were for it, I'm very suspicious of both of them), makes me think you're not scum.

tbf I might've actually done it if it stayed open in dayphase

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

I'd have probably started agitating for your death on D3 or 4, depending on when (or if) I remembered, then.

yeah but aren't people supposed to do that anyway just for me being alive lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

admittedly if I had a dayvig you'd be the one I'd shoot D1

alas for me

hey how's flerp doin these days

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

like, i wouldve been on board the lynch byers train, but IS is such a stretch. maybe if byers had flipped scum, but...

I woulda been on board with the first dude saying a bad idea, but the dude chiming in to just me-too the same idea, how's that scummy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

You don’t like how we dunked scum yesterday? 🤔🤔🤔

:thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

Are you for real

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sup GGN, I still think we should do your murder thing once we can find someone people are ok with lunching anyway. With one day left now, we should be moving on this now so we still actually have time to sort out our second choice before deadline.

I think IS a better choice cause actively arguing to shoot down your idea takes more scummy intent than "lol let's hammer already", but Hal's hammer did functionally do the same thing and more. I'm cool with having him be first up.

##vote Hal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

I think Yuming is certainly the most initially suspect of those people because she had the extra opportunity to read me in chat and thus has a lot more to go on, but seems to have mostly disregarded it? (The things she is saying about it aren't correct at all. I look forward to hearing what people who weren't on shelf 1 last night think after visiting it.) I'll vote there for now, but reserve the right to reevaluate when I'm of more sound mind.

##Vote Yuming

From reading the thread on my phone where I could on breaks, I was surprised to find that I seem to be the only person who has spoken about shelf happenings much at all. Were the other shelves quiet? Did you all not form any reads from your interactions with the others in them?

This sure sounds interesting to come back to, too.

As for the action on other shelves, I think shelf 4 crew got in some decent chat, but it's silly to go on too much about town reads till it's needed.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Sure if that is all you got. I for example had offered suspicion on someone in my chat though based on how guarded they were.

Everyone else was totally happy with their chat buddies and has no suspicions?

well one of mine was Hal, who is an exception :v: but that's way more cause of hammer than anything in masonchat.

and one of em was Steak I think, his posts are rubbing me the wrong way today, but I didn't think much about him in the chat either way last night.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

gently caress are we gonna have enough time to do the GGN murder thing? Maybe not today after all.

Today I'm down with lunching IS, Hal, or Quid, but...

Yeah this post is garbage. Quid, you haven't done much except throw shade and disappear again. I don't like it.

But dammit Toal I already made your post but with three thunks :colbert:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok everyone STOP EVERYTHING

Can you scroll back to look at this full post? Do you see what IS is doing in this post? He's trying to discredit the point I've made about him and act like all he did was just be excited about a good ol D1 turbo and poo poo. But here:

GenericGirlName posted:

Hey so hear me out. What if I had a way to give town another kill D1. It requires a vote though, and if it doesn't go through then I die.

IllegallySober posted:

Do you have a good target?

GenericGirlName posted:

The way it works is I initiate a Murder on a player. Each player votes yes or no. if it comes up majority 'yes' by the end of the day, then we kill them in addition to the regular lynch

IllegallySober posted:

Seems like you’d want to use that once we had a little more info, no?

GenericGirlName posted:

We can save it but if we do it and majority is "no" then I die :/ which would suucckkkkkkk!

IllegallySober posted:

I don’t see a reason to waste the up/down murder vote on Nat20. Better to save for later when we have more info.

##vote IS this is the absolute best vote today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah what is the case against IP? I don't understand the football gif that Biff is pointing at and it's kinda weird and feels like we're reading too much into what he said yesterday when he can't say anything today.

Just follow the link to look at IS' original post, its full of its own nested quotes so too much of a pain to try and re-quote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah what is the case against IP? I don't understand the football gif that Biff is pointing at and it's kinda weird and feels like we're reading too much into what he said yesterday when he can't say anything today.

and I kind of say that in the post already! To go look at the post! So trying to act like I'm just pointing to one gif and oh man this does not make sense sure sounds kinda ~disingenuous~~

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yuming posted:

++ suspicion to Bif for the weird out of context spin again a post restricted player.

Would vote Bif.

how is it out of context, and how is it spin? How does IS voting Nat20 have absolutely anything to do with the point I actually made? GGN's idea was a helpful one for town, and IS was backing up Byers in being critical of it for bad reasons, to help ensure it never happened. If anything leaving a vote on Nat20 only helped ensure the day ended before that could happen!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yuming posted:

I don't see not wanting to do a double kill that could kill GGN without majority as scummy. Mostly indifferent because I feel the same way-- we are going to get enough ~crazy deaths~ this game.

It seems like you are working backwards on a gotcha point.

How were we not going to get a majority?

At the time, Nat20 was outed with a scum result on him. It was a sure thing, and there was still a lot of time left in the day. It was the safest possible scenario in which GGN could possibly have used her power.

Once Nat20 got murdered via GGN, D1 and the actual game of Mafia could have continued.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Not from me, we aren't. Handing out PRs on D2 of a role madness game is one thing, but making GBS threads up the game with them afterwards is another.

Oh wait, you might have missed it -- I did all three of those, and I'm not going to do it again.

I really don't like taking out IS when he can't defend himself, and I'm not really following the case on him to start with. If it's such a slam dunk, can't it wait until he has the English language at his disposal again?

well that's what I thought too until he tried to play off my case like what I said didn't even happen.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not going to vote IS to save myself. Sucks to vote someone who can't talk.

ehhhhh you should though

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok lets lock it in

##vote Quid

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Huh, I didn't expect almost absolutely no one to give a poo poo about the KB and yuming stuff he wanted people to read about in shelf 1

it was so lonely

but anyway, IS can talk now so let's see what he's got to say

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

50 pounds of bread posted:

So uh, why are one of you not dead then?

My thing was supposed to make a person on shelf 1 dead.

oh gee thanks

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

50 pounds of bread posted:

I mean, yeah, but it's a real question though.

Like, did you both have magic super protections, or are you both serial killerators?

hmm, SIV was pushing the idea right away that one of us just had to be scum...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

... on second thought though that's kinda dumb cause if she gets me killed for that it just makes her look like scum so