Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Still kinda busy, but I'll dip my toes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

I'm excited to play Mafia with you again!

:glomp:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

There are not going to be lurker rules. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR POLICING YOUR OWN LURKERS.

Guess I know what I'll be doing this game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

spacing in vienna posted:

Does anyone remember Warlords for the Atari? Kind of one of those brick breaker games except four player, everyone gets a corner and you have to smash up everyone else's walls.

Warlords was great.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

I know this is off topic as well, but I really miss Cyber Cafes. For about 2ish years 1999 - 2001 I spent a lot of time at various cyber cafes. When I was in Tech School in Biloxi there was one called Cyber Cove and I swear to God my friends and I would spend like $100 a month to get unlimited hours on the computers. We would go there Friday night and not come back until Sunday. We would play Counter Strike, Diablo II, Everquest and Quake III Arena. Our Cyber Cafe had a culture around it (for example all the EQ players got together, printed up all the EQ Atlas maps and made our own annotations on it (camps, rare spawns, etc)). The Diablo II players all wanted the same computers (because thats were their characters were). It was really a thing of the late 90 and once I got my own computer and a broadband connection I never looked back but yeah thats my little side topic.

These still exist if you want to relive the magic.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

Really? Everyone in my area has shut down. Honestly I don't know why anyone would go to them anymore. For the money you send there you could get a great computer and with high speed internet being so readily available it's not a novelty anymore. For example Cyber Cove had a T3 and now I have Google Fiber for probably a fraction of what they were paying for the T3 line

Yeah, we have at least one in ABQ. Like, I don't think I'd go to one, but the appeal is some of the stuff you mentioned. Getting together with a bunch of people in person for lan party style shenanigans. PC games, console games, etc.

And as mentioned, they are still quite popular in many places overseas.

Hal Incandenza posted:

You guys live in KC? I’m there fairly often we should go play games and drink. Just ask KB how much fun I am when I come to your town

You too can have Hal come to your town over and over and talk a big game about how you will grab a drink or something next time he is in town but it never happens. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

yuming posted:

I wish upon a star for ONE scum faction.

I predict-

6 people:
Nat20
King Burgundy
CCKeane
Mr. Humalong
Hal
yuming

1 ~neutral party~ but a crazy role JOAT type something:
Quid

Neutral party idk it is going to be some weird wincon that blurs between GOOD AND EVIL.

I'm going to crib off this one for my answer.

1 scum team. 8 people:
Nat20
Bifauxnen
King Burgundy
CCKeane
Sal
Hal
yuming
AA

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SolusLunes posted:

nobody's put me on their scum team prediction picks

you're not allowed to case me if you didn't call me as scum in pre-game

Well, turns out my prediction is wrong. So you may very well be scum. :)

##vote Solus

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

yuming posted:

Today is a new day, today is a new game.

I am watching little sparrows eat dinner. Also now I have two pet conures, Korben Dallas and Ketchup. Ketchup can say KETCHUP KETCHUP.

What is new with you guys?

One of our cats is named Leeloo Dallas Multipass.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jen X posted:

##use inventory gun on every other player, starting with toal and ending with binus

if I don't get to use it on people then just use it

That is an interesting ordering.

Your role seems fun.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

spacing in vienna posted:

Older rescue is Bastian which confuses people but it's a real name, just German, it's just like Sebastian without Se in front

... also it was the name of the little boy in the movie The Neverending Story, the one reading the story who got bullied a lot and was hiding in the attic and got to ride a luck dragon :3:

Our other cat is named Catooine.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

None of my games were used in my role!

Same, and I liked my games.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Hello I have the ability...to kill!

With farts?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jen X posted:

Okay so, I have learned from the mystics above that the issue was the scope of my act

so instead, I would like 1 brave soul to volunteer for....THE GUN*

*inventory

I'm down to be gunned.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Awesome.

##vote Nat20

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Steak posted:

wait so does anyone know who the hell nega-miyamoto is?

No idea. But it isn't town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

Read the D1 start post by CPig. It's the scum team's wincon to summon him or something.

I did read it the first time, but apparently it didn't stick.

CapitalistPig posted:

Can you stop the evil timeshifting paradox creating video games or will they bring about the end of the world by summoning forth the sinister overlord of games Nega-Miyamoto?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hum died trying to protect me with Boo.

I was PGO last night.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, Hum was one of my submitted Games, Baldur's Gate II.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jen was indeed planning on killing someone last night. She didn't tell us who, but did give us a list of targets she was considering. I don't have access to Shelf 1 chat anymore, but whoever ends up there next can clarify that if need be.

So it does seem like her ability reflected back on herself based on flavor of the death.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

How do you know that Hum died because of you?

My night message said I was protected by a hamster but that my reflexes were too awesome and I killed the person who action'd me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Other things of note, Keane was planning on doing something with Byers. So maybe that is what that is? But also 50 said he was going to do something to someone on our shelf, so egg could also be his.

So, I don't see a scum kill there unless Egg is a scum kill of some sort.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

Scum seem to have some sort of ability reflect because my ability reflected back on me and I "watched" Jen X last night

Yeah, but is it just you and Jen who reflected on yourselves? Maybe some kind of reflect bus drive where they just target two people to target themselves? I know Hum got through to me, so it wasn't everyone. And someone got Byers with something.

Oh yeah, just remembered Byers said he was going to essentially delay kill(poison?) Hal last night. So if he was scum, that could be the missing kill maybe too.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Steak posted:

then who was the scum kill? jen? and her death flavor hinting at a reflect is a red herring? this doesnt add up

I'm going to assume you'll keep reading the follow up posts and see that I essentially said that. There is a missing kill.

---

Anyway, I suppose there is a potential argument for keeping this stuff under wraps, but I figure scum potentially knows all this stuff anyway if they were on that shelf, so may as well let everyone in on it. Plus since shelve chat remains, its all eventually public knowledge if they want it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Shelf evaluation: Everyone was relatively guarded in terms of not sharing all of their roles or plans, which is practical. But some more then others. I'd say the most guarded player in terms of holding back info and not really partaking in a lot of that kind of chat was Yuming from what I recall. And then Keane and 50 at least hinted at things they were doing, but it was in their slightly indecipherable playing/possibly kidding ways. Byers and Jen both had people they shared that they thought were potentially bad, but don't remember who really other than Byers was after Hal.

I shared that I was a tad bit suspicious of the like 5ish people who were around and posting when Jen asked for scan volunteers who didn't volunteer. (SiV, Toal, Byers, Bminus, Hal) Now that I rebuilt that list, I think maybe SiV and Hal were possibly on Jen's list for killing. I know Toal was not. Bminus might have been. Maybe IS? My memory isn't super awesome, so take all that with a grain of salt.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anyway, I have jury duty early in the morning, so gonna crash and see you all much later in the day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmm.

I kinda don't have the mind for this game right now after the vileness of the trial I was a juror on. But I'll try to point out a few things.

I think anyone who is throwing shade my way is more suspect just because from my perspective at least, I'm a cleared town KB who scum can't kill at night. That has gotta be pretty scary.

I think Yuming is certainly the most initially suspect of those people because she had the extra opportunity to read me in chat and thus has a lot more to go on, but seems to have mostly disregarded it? (The things she is saying about it aren't correct at all. I look forward to hearing what people who weren't on shelf 1 last night think after visiting it.) I'll vote there for now, but reserve the right to reevaluate when I'm of more sound mind.

##Vote Yuming

From reading the thread on my phone where I could on breaks, I was surprised to find that I seem to be the only person who has spoken about shelf happenings much at all. Were the other shelves quiet? Did you all not form any reads from your interactions with the others in them?

I'll check back in when I can.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

How are you cleared?

I warned the chat that I was activating PGO. I confirmed with no prompting that Hum died to it and I got a hamster protecting me message. Hum flipped with the following:

CapitalistPig posted:

Mr. Humalong - Baldur's Mechwarrior Saga II: Shadows of the 7th Gate of Amn - Town aligned Was kicked and punched to death on night 1

GO FOR THE EYES BOO! - You unleash boo on another player at night. If the player is town aligned boo will protect them from harm that night, if they are not town boo will attack them blinding them and preventing them from doing an action that night.

So if Hum targeted me as I say and I was scum, my PGO would not have fired, as I'd have been roleblocked. Thus, cleared.

This isn't rocket science. If people think I'm scum, then they think I'm scum that gambited on D2 in a giant game with this elaborate story to somehow coast to the end of the game. I don't think anyone that has ever played with me would say I'm a gambit player, so I'm hard pressed to think anyone would really think this. What reason would I have had to post what I did on D2?

If people think I'm town, then I would be cleared town based on what I've revealed. There is no middle ground here.

If people believe I'm town, then you should also realize that I'm a big threat because of the above and my PGO to the scums game plan. They can't risk trying to kill me on any future night in case I keep activating that power.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Steak posted:

for the record, i think i also PGOd last night (flavor was vague) but no one targeted me

Based on my own PGO, your flavor shouldn't be at all vague. My ability activation(including it's flavor/name) was clearly spelled out. So please do elaborate on this:

Mr. Steak posted:

guys just vote for KB already. whats with all the trash votes of literally everybody else?

Which seems to stem from just this?

Mr. Steak posted:

actually, ##vote KB he's sketchy

One doesn't follow from the other. Why would other people be voting based on that? Do you have a case?

To confirm, this is also you declaring everyone elses case bad and wrong vs your clearly really good one?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

As for the action on other shelves, I think shelf 4 crew got in some decent chat, but it's silly to go on too much about town reads till it's needed.

Sure if that is all you got. I for example had offered suspicion on someone in my chat though based on how guarded they were.

Everyone else was totally happy with their chat buddies and has no suspicions?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

yuming posted:

Again, I agree on KB but it is a tone read.

The best I can say is KB's first in-game post bugs me--

KB makes an, I assume, joke-vote quoting a Solus post from before the game actually started.

Is this scum KB joking because he knows who is on the team? That is something I can imagine KB would like to do because he plays a very mastermind-type scum that likes to drop hints and to see what he can get away with and weave ~webs of lies~ which fits with all the night action bingo that has been going on today. And in the shelf chat last night too.

What do you guys think? I vote on tone.

##vote KB

Since I'm doing a few effort things, I'll go back to this.

The reason for this post and vote should be obvious. It is my first post of the game after realizing I'm not on the scum team. So yes, my pick for the scum team, which included me, and was posted in the immediately previous post, was wrong.

I have a hard time thinking you really think this. You are too smart to make this read. So I think you are trying to stir things up on me in any way possible so your team doesn't have to deal with my PGO. It also doesn't help that I listed some suspicions of you coming into the day based on how you presented yourself in the chat. You couldn't let me continue to stay around.

Anyway, I think I've clearly cased both Yuming and Steak in the previous posts. There are shenanigans happening. I would vote either today as things stand. Now I'm going to go watch/do fun things.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

GO FOR THE EYES BOO! - You unleash boo on another player at night. If the player is town aligned boo will protect them from harm that night, if they are not town boo will attack them blinding them and preventing them from doing an action that night.

This clearly implies that action priority favors this ability. Roleblocks always come first against powers that must be activated. My PGO must be activated.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

KB, please explain this to me like I'm 5. Why would your PGO have not fired if Hum was the opposite alignment as you? Isn't the thing about being a PGO you kill anyone regardless of faction?

And because you said the like you are 5 thing, I'll go on to say the way you've said this above is wrong.

Hum's ability docs if his target is town.

Hum's ability roleblocks if his target is scum.

So, if I was scum, he would have roleblocked me.

Is that clear now?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Steak posted:

this being said, the stronger likelihood is that the pgo is made up and you scumkilled him?

Ok, I'll play along for a moment before I disappear. Still waiting for Sal's answer.

Please explain my thought process for doing that. What prompted me to claim all this at the start of the day as scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Thanks Sal.

Also Steak, you didn't answer if you were saying there that everyone elses cases were bad/wrong. Like, that is the clear implication, but I want to hear it spelled out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

If that had happened the person doing the driving would've died to KB's PGO as well.

Yup.

K, thanks Steak. I'm going to let everyone else contribute now. I think my stuff stands on its own.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

yuming posted:

Why is KB scum?

#1 Heavy focus on analyzing night actions - how can we reasonably think we have reliable info here?

#2 Bad tone read. Here's my POV and the scum POV I see: Byers and Gen revealed without prompting their abilities in chat and were even like "hmm, who should we kill with our powers?" scum on our shelf saw this and hosed with night actions. KB did comment about PGO in chat with something like "wow so many killing powers here on this shelf!"

For KB to call me cagey for not sharing power info in that context it just feels off. As far as I remember, I haven't misrepresented anything from mason-chat last night either which KB has also used in his case on me. I am imagining a scum KB taking talking points from role madness because that is easy for scum to create content from.

I play these games for the night action puzzle solving. You've played with me several times so I feel like you must know this. So again, just trying to sell nonsense to others for your scum game.

You are the only person in our chat who didn't talk about scum reads or powers, right? I'm not misremembering? Thus cagey.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I still think yuming and steak are great choices. Since we have to self police lurking, also willing to vote for any lurkers/content lurkers. Like quid if he doesn't show up and contribute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

So your puzzle solving skills involve you claiming 100% confirmed town on d2. How would you, the great puzzle solver, react to this claim if someone else made it?

I'd see the logic of it and unless I thought that person was scum for other reasons, I'd believe them.