Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wow yeah ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sal have you even been in a Shine game?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I hope I get a role that allows me to be mean to yuming

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

spacing in vienna posted:

GOOD POINT.

I apologize for my shamefulness and make an offering of retro game factoids. How's this: I owned the actual infamous ET Atari game. And I owned a game about the rock group Journey trying to dodge groupies and get to their spaceship.

... dammit why was that not one of the games on my list.

Journey Escape is awesome and I won't hear otherwise

And yeah I always thought ET was ok but sort of frustrating because I would fall into pits all the time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I am old so my games are MS-DOS and/or early Mac games

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

What I wanna know is if anyone else ever had a Colecovision

Not only did I own one, my mom wrote all the manuals for the games (Coleco, which actually stood for Connecticut Leather Company which is what they did before they made games, was in my hometown). She was so good at it and wrote all sorts of interesting things back when manuals were super dry (and back when manuals existed) and she won many awards. She would take me into work sometimes and they would use me as a tester for games in development to see how a little kid could play them and if they were too hard. There was a crazy controller for a Colecovision called the super action controller, and because of my tiny hands they ended up making the grip smaller and including a plastic attachment to make it bigger for adults.

I can tell Coleco stories all day people. I played many prototype games that never came out. My mom had a blank eeprom board from inside a cartridge and they would send her home with the eeprom chips that had whatever game was in development and we'd plug them into the board and shove that bare board into the cartridge slot to play them.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The little piece of plastic there is because of ME!

For those who don't know what an eeprom is, we had one of there (pic is actually a Vectrex eeprom... no one remembers the Vectrex)

and she would come home with a game on a chip like this:

and I would try so hard to not bend those little pins every time I shoved one in or took it out of the board.

My mom was especially proud of the giant poem she wrote for this manual

Another awesome thing about my mom having that job was that her best friend there was married to one of the guys who wrote lots of the original D&D modules for TSR and I would go to their house and he would give me cool D&D stuff and bookcase games which he had a TON of.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

I owned ET for my Atari 2600 and It made me really mad because I fell into pits all the time.

Raiders of the lost ark was really good though.

Raiders of the Lost Ark was also super hard, but it (and Riddle of the Sphynx) always seemed much more complex than the average 2600 game and therefore it was awesome.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SolusLunes posted:

I would love to get me one of those.

Oh yeah I seem to recall my buddy who was super into MechWarrior (video game and regular game) telling me about going to a place with those.

Maybe it was Sal's uncle's house! Maybe he IS Sal's uncle!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

@Mod for special consideration: I always love to be 3p and scum :allears:

...but if this sorry(magnificent) town is in need of super sleuth, I'd understand.

Best hope I'm on the scum team with you if you roll scum, buddy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

You live in KC? Have you been to Up-down? That place is awesome. who knew that there was a market for people that enjoy arcade games and alcohol

You guys live in KC? I’m there fairly often we should go play games and drink. Just ask KB how much fun I am when I come to your town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

cpig I hope you used the third game on my list

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

You too can have Hal come to your town over and over and talk a big game about how you will grab a drink or something next time he is in town but it never happens. :)

I will be in Santa Fe for multiple days next week and only working late at night I will totally come to ABQ this time if you are around! Hit me up on PM or discord!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gambling is unseemly

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am in no particular rush, take your time cpig, enjoy a nice sandwich or something

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote bonus not going against an actual mafia superstar

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

redneck nazgul posted:

Nobody picked the same games I did.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ok ##vote Nat20

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh sorry I hate discussion

Also The Colony was one of my games!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Holy poo poo

Fright night!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Okay, important point. "Psychopathic lagomorph" is from a game I submitted, but it's one JenX herself had, "Sam & Max Hit the Road."

So unless two people sent in that game, JenX actually tried to target someone for Max to kill, but the kill somehow bounced back onto her?

Clue?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

He thought knowledge awaited him at night, but the only thing that waits in the dark is death. Really makes you think.

Better off dead

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Is it possible that Byers was scum janitor and had his action reflected onto himself

Real genius

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

50 pounds of bread posted:

I'm gonna do my mystery move on someone tonight, haha, any voluteers?

Volunteers?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Oh yeah, just remembered Byers said he was going to essentially delay kill(poison?) Hal last night. So if he was scum, that could be the missing kill maybe too.

Porky's Revenge

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok IS is cause he was backing Byers up on poo-pooing the double lunch.

Double lunch is super helpful to town because it doubles the main weapon town has for finding scum, also for increasing the amount of gameplay available for analysis by establishing vote and casing history.

Framing up GGN's idea as pointless was :wrong: especially in the D1 situation where we had a bagged scum, thus making her use of the ability absolutely zero risk. "Oh but then for the real lunch we might get it wroooong" yes but then we will have actually had a D1 instead of zero content cause everyone had the Correct Optimal Choice handed to them on a silver platter.

Follow that bird! ##vote IS

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SolusLunes posted:

But I don't know if Byers is actually dead though? Spectator and dead are different things.

Young Sherlock Holmes!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

[quote="SalTheBard" post=""497758904"]
Hal is interesting too because his entire game related post history can be read in literally 30 seconds with his only interesting post being "I hate discussion" and then hammering Nat20. So I would vote Hal as well.

People I will not vote for today: KB and myself.
[/quote]

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

##vote Sal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is the case on Hal just the hammer? I get that scum would want to end day early and get townie cred, but I bought Hal's explanation that he just hates discussion and gently caress it. That seems very Hal to do.

Witness

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Hal has been posting a lot of white noise with one post of content (I don't like discussion).

Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Given 30 days to shape up or lose his post, Lassard struggles to discipline his incompetent new charges, while subordinate Lt. Mauser plots to take his job away?

I personally think cuddling someone with a posting restriction that can't adequately defend themselves is kind of scummy. Granted we are looking at posts from yesterday when IS didn't have the posting restriction, but I really don't like that at all. However in a game with 3 loving PR powers (Hal - Movies, GGN - Emojis, and IS - Gifs) it seems like an unreasonable expectation since we are going to have a lot of PR's throughout the game.

Heaven Help Us

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Enemy Mine! ##vote mr steak

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tommunist posted:

##vote binus

Missing in Action 2

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

.... K I just noticed this. You wanna elaborate, because this sounds big.

A view to a kill?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I'm waiting to see what Miku says before I vote

That was then... This is now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

.... K I just noticed this. You wanna elaborate, because this sounds big.

A room with a view?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yuming posted:

Feeling less suspicious of Bif though because I forgot he came out swinging at IS.

Girls just want to have fun

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

So your puzzle solving skills involve you claiming 100% confirmed town on d2. How would you, the great puzzle solver, react to this claim if someone else made it?

Perfect. Legend.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

guys we have less than an hour! we cant afford to no lynch!

The new kids...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Red Sonja, The Color Purple, The Man With One Red Shoe... ##vote King Burgundy