Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
one of my friends thought it was "captain bee fart"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lol indeed

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
also holy moly my allergies seem to have become worse with age

i had a cold from about monday and feel 99% better, but jfc i cant stop sneezing and i can barely string together a sentence on benadryl. plus i think my eyes are leaking out of my head

not that i pump out a coherent sentence on the reg anyway but still

e: and i'm taking benadryl because xyzal/levocetirizine usually covers it but not this time. loving autumn

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 23, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Beeftweeter posted:

also holy moly my allergies seem to have become worse with age

i had a cold from about monday and feel 99% better, but jfc i cant stop sneezing and i can barely string together a sentence on benadryl. plus i think my eyes are leaking out of my head

not that i pump out a coherent sentence on the reg anyway but still

e: and i'm taking benadryl because xyzal/levocetirizine usually covers it but not this time. loving autumn

benadryl can be bad long term. long term use is associated with dementia among other health problems. i use flonase now (partially because the va sends it to me for free).

covid has also hosed with peoples sinuses and caused a lot of chronic rhinitis.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

benadryl can be bad long term. long term use is associated with dementia among other health problems. i use flonase now (partially because the va sends it to me for free).

covid has also hosed with peoples sinuses and caused a lot of chronic rhinitis.

yeah i don't take it if i can help it, but my dog is shedding too because of the sudden hot/cold snap and i'm mildly allergic to his hair

the anticholinergic symptoms really gently caress with me though so i avoid it like the plague typically, and thankfully it's rare for levocetirizine to not actually cover it but now at least i can actually breathe

it's pretty bad poo poo tbh. iirc its also a mild SNRI (or was that SSRI?) so i get a double whammy of withdrawal symptoms since i also take duloxetine for nerve pain down my leg from my back surgeries

e: yeah its a SSRI also

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Sep 23, 2022

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah i don't take it if i can help it, but my dog is shedding too because of the sudden hot/cold snap and i'm mildly allergic to his hair

the anticholinergic symptoms really gently caress with me though so i avoid it like the plague typically, and thankfully it's rare for levocetirizine to not actually cover it but now at least i can actually breathe

it's pretty bad poo poo tbh. iirc its also a mild SNRI (or was that SSRI?) so i get a double whammy of withdrawal symptoms since i also take duloxetine for nerve pain down my leg from my back surgeries

e: yeah its a SSRI also

good deal. i knew people who would give bendryl to their kids to get them to go to bed :lol:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

good deal. i knew people who would give bendryl to their kids to get them to go to bed :lol:

whenever i hear someone say they just feed their kids some tylenol pm (thats APAP + diphenhydramine for the rest of you) i'm just like :stare:

shits hosed up. i know it's probably a prank (although it's inevitable someone will try it) but the FDA had to warn gen z not to marinate chicken in nyquil :psypop:

it's really pretty sad

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ive always been myopic but it seems im getting more so with age? i thought i was supposed to become more farsighted as i got older so it would even out. wtf!!

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Carthag Tuek posted:

ive always been myopic but it seems im getting more so with age? i thought i was supposed to become more farsighted as i got older so it would even out. wtf!!

nah it can go either way. eyes are like insanely complicated bags of jelly with lenses in them and time will take its toll in unpredictable ways.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

i'm nearsighted too and its been getting marginally worse but not awful. the glasses i'm wearing are about 10 years old

no doubt i could definitely use an update on the rx but its not bad enough yet that its pushing me to go

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

also myopic and wear glasses for almost everything, the main exception being mini painting. i can focus on stuff a few inches from my face much better with naked eye than with my distance glasses on

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hell yea taking off glasses when doing fiddly stuff buddy

anyway i went to the eye guy and got the whole test (forgot the exact numbers, but ive gone from just over -1.5 when i was 12 to just over 2, idk how to put that in 20/20 numbers), then looked at what frames they had and none of them looked good on me so i left. then they called me like 10 mins later and were like "its only free if you buy glasses!" uhh sorry im in a car "ugh fine just remember it for next time"

btw we call astigmatism bygningsfejl = construction error in danish lol

also ive started to go crosseyed when extremely tired (right eye drifts toward center), i dont remember that happening when i was young

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

yeah the last time i had my eyes checked i was -1.75 in one eye and -1.5 in the other, but i got contacts

ran out of contacts but i honestly don't mind wearing glasses, except for when i need to look through a viewfinder

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

never tried contacts, its too much work plus i think i look better with glasses headshape-wise

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

they're really pretty easy once you get a hang of popping them in, i've been wearing them since i was about 12 i think. i've got astigmatism too though so normal lenses aren't perfect and the toric corrective ones are pretty expensive in comparison

they're not really a pain in the rear end but also not great enough to make me rush out and get new ones

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

there's no reason to not have the option unless you have some phobia though. i almost never use contacts, but now and then they come in handy (broken/lost glasses, when glasses happen to not fit (binoculars, 3d glasses, goggles, some helmets), etc.)

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i just abuse 1-day lenses by wearing them for weeks

whatever, i have strong eyes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

there's no reason to not have the option unless you have some phobia though. i almost never use contacts, but now and then they come in handy (broken/lost glasses, when glasses happen to not fit (binoculars, 3d glasses, goggles, some helmets), etc.)

3d never wowed me, also i have at least 5 pairs of glasses lying around

anyway for helmets i can take my glasses off, its not like im blind

most importantly im set in my ways

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i wore contacts every day for about 10 years but glasses are just easier. very rarely wear contacts these days

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

rotor posted:

there;s only two kinds of acceptable sunglasses imo:

or

drat man, the pandemic hosed you up

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Cat Face Joe posted:

turn your monitor on

also my monitor turn that on too

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Cold on a Cob posted:

turn your monitor on

also my monitor turn that on too

our monitors

all off

sad

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cat Face Joe posted:

it sure did

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Give her a gift she'll never forget

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Volmarias posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Volmarias posted:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i’m old

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Volmarias posted:

i showed her this before and she was like "oh yeah i forgot about that" until i zoomed in and then she lol'd hard irl

lol, lmao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Volmarias posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Beeftweeter posted:

i showed her this before and she was like "oh yeah i forgot about that" until i zoomed in and then she lol'd hard irl

lol, lmao

roifl

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

fart simpson posted:

i wore contacts every day for about 10 years but glasses are just easier. very rarely wear contacts these days
you're supposed to take them off when you sleep

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i used to wear the contact lenses that you just leave in for 30 days including sleeping. they ruled. they took them off the market because they could gently caress up your eyes. i was lucky to have suffered no ill effects EXCEPT now i'm too spoiled by that experience to put up with the hassle of putting contacts in and taking them out daily. glasses forever now

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kenny Logins posted:

you're supposed to take them off when you sleep

which? glasses or contacts

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i tried contacts when i was 18. i had astigmatism in one eye but not the other. back then this meant a hard lens on one side, and soft on the other. do you know how quickly you go insane when your eyeballs feel like they're different diameters

i think i wore them like three times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fart simpson posted:

which? glasses or contacts
both especially if you're wearing both at once