Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

when you kramer in and use someone's death as an excuse to shitpost about covid with no reason to believe it was related, and they tell you you're out of line, and you double down, im not sure i'd call that "avoiding an argument"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

we’re done with this discussion

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Achmed Jones posted:

when you kramer in and use someone's death as an excuse to shitpost about covid with no reason to believe it was related, and they tell you you're out of line, and you double down, im not sure i'd call that "avoiding an argument"

i get that perspective too. at the same time i don't think that was tori's intention. he was saying because his car got hosed up he doesn't want to take public transportation. his wife is immunocompromised, that's also an understandable precaution to take. it wasn't hostile imo

that said i didn't intend to defend tori's honor, lol. i just think a strong razzing is fine, a probe is a bit much

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Captain Foo posted:

we’re done with this discussion

gently caress i was tapping, sorry. guess i'll eat a 6 if it suits

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

anyways thanks for the kind words echi, trig, etc.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

echinopsis posted:

people keep telling me about this secret

i thought it was absolute bullshit for years because I’d exercise once, overdo it, and feel not only not better but worse. this time though i started doing moderate exercise and stuck with it. after a few sessions I started noticing that my mood was improving.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hi Tori. Bye Tori.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

i thought it was absolute bullshit for years because I’d exercise once, overdo it, and feel not only not better but worse. this time though i started doing moderate exercise and stuck with it. after a few sessions I started noticing that my mood was improving.

mmmmoderate? these are some long lost ancient secrets I might do well to pay heed

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

echinopsis posted:

mmmmoderate? these are some long lost ancient secrets I might do well to pay heed

yep. since i mostly wfh i got a treadmill that i can hop onto at a moment’s notice, zone out, and do some vigorous walking—maybe 45 minutes to an hour. i can also go for walks outside :shudder: if the mood strikes me.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:hmmyes:

mystes
May 31, 2006

President Beep posted:

Nice. My mood is just complete crap regardless of whether I exercise

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mystes posted:

Nice. My mood is just complete crap regardless of whether I exercise

oh, i also supplement the exercise with therapy and multiple brain meds

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm back and I'm ready to answer questions about my comprehensive exercise routine that keeps me young. It's normal to die at 41 years of age, unless you're me and doing my routine.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm back and I'm ready to answer questions about my comprehensive exercise routine that keeps me young. It's normal to die at 41 years of age, unless you're me and doing my routine.
For someone who's not going to die at 41 years you seem pretty determined to make this your hill to die on

Apr 7, 2003

mystes posted:

For someone who's not going to die at 41 years you seem pretty determined to make this your hill to die on

I'm 42, it's too late for me to die at 41

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:hmmyes:

Apr 7, 2003

OWNED by facts and logic

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm 42, it's too late for me to die at 41
sorry to break it to you but you already died. we're all in the circle of hell that bad posters are sent to.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beeftweeter posted:

letting jones know he's done. yeah it's unnecessary but c'mon tori was actually de-escalatory here

im agreeing with this nerd

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

do you bicycle every day? does it make you tired?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

bikes are very good and biking is very good

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

for me to poop on lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bowelcycle

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cycling just got god drat owned lmao

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

cycling is ok but you should also do some running or weights to prevent your bones disintegrating

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

git apologist posted:

bikes are very good and biking is very good

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

going to ride to work again this week, it's so pleasant. even when it rains.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Beeftweeter posted:

it's bizarre, i grew up 25 minutes from here and went to nyu. i had a ton of friends all throughout school (yeah yeah i'm a yosposting goon. its true regardless), but now i feel like i'm down to a literal handful of close ones. the last time i went back to my hometown i learned 8 people either od'd or otherwise suicided. it was brushed off as normal by everyone in attendance

yeah this is the thing - it's mostly not people dying from cancer or whatnot, it's because i hung out with the arty lefty weirdo crowd in a conservative shithole state and they just tend to check out early one way or another. can't say i wouldn't be in the same boat if i'd stayed

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Achmed Jones posted:

every time i get a physical they get really confused, then worried. "achmed," they say, "you're just too healthy and handsome. a man near 40 simply shouldn't look this good. we need to do some more tests."

and then they do the tests, and all the tests verify that yes, i really do look that good. and then they have to show all the med students the handsome guy in room C and it just takes so much longer than it should :(

oh man every time i go for a physical the doctor gets halfway through but then excuses himself to his office for like five minutes and last time i just yelled I KNOW YOU'RE JACKING OFF IN THERE and he came out so embarrassed

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Trig Discipline posted:

oh man every time i go for a physical the doctor gets halfway through but then excuses himself to his office for like five minutes and last time i just yelled I KNOW YOU'RE JACKING OFF IN THERE and he came out so embarrassed

Lmafo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lmfao

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Trig Discipline posted:

This is awful, he should have invited you to join

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i bet he didn't even offer the share his crab meat

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Trig Discipline posted:

lmfao

Sweevo posted:

i read that as "shave" for a sec. holy poo poo i really need to update my glasses. lol

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Trig Discipline posted:

chaotic good :laffo:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sweevo posted:

imitation crab meat

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hurt my shoulder by sneezing too good

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

jesus WEP posted:

hurt my shoulder by sneezing too good

goondolences, i've done this to my neck before and it sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

have any of you sneezed so hard that your lymph nodes in your arm pits hurt? it's only happened to me a few times all at 30+