Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cloudfoam. i swear by it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
yep i have cloudfoam

i think i just overdid it wearing my work shoes (which are about as comfortable as work shoes can get but they ain't no cloudfoam or similar)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
when first started walking regularly i got all kinds of hosed up. after a few weeks my body adjusted well though.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
actually the new shoes i got are something called LIGHTSTEP also from adidas, they were out of cloudfoam shoes when i bought them, but they feel just as good as cloudfoam

i think i just need to start wearing my dad shoes to the office for awhile while my heel heals.

President Beep posted:

when first started walking regularly i got all kinds of hosed up. after a few weeks my body adjusted well though.

that's what's weird, i've been doing this regularly for almost two months now and i eased into it, then suddenly last week i'm in sharp pain city. left foot completely fine too vOv

so based on all that it's probably an acute injury and i just need to let it heal.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol clownfoam

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Beeftweeter posted:

lol clownfoam

ew please don't talk about your mutated sperm in the thread

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Beeftweeter posted:

lol clownfoam

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

clown foam for my clown form

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Cold on a Cob posted:

yep i have cloudfoam

i think i just overdid it wearing my work shoes (which are about as comfortable as work shoes can get but they ain't no cloudfoam or similar)

Wearing "proper" dress shoes with traditional soles absolutely fucks my calves and lower legs in general. I have some from Loake from TK Maxx but almost never wear them.

A while back I got some from Geox which look pretty much like dress shoes and OK to wear with a suit but they have squishy trainer like soles inside. Magic for things like conferences where I'm supposed to look smart and have to walk a lot.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am so glad there has been somewhat of a revolution footwear wise and the expectation you need to sacrifice comfort and live in pain has lessened significantly

I have some skechers I wear for work. it’s a world of difference compared to wearing “work shoes”, especially since I am on my feet all day

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cold on a Cob posted:

that's what's weird, i've been doing this regularly for almost two months now and i eased into it, then suddenly last week i'm in sharp pain city. left foot completely fine too vOv

so based on all that it's probably an acute injury and i just need to let it heal.
might be a stress fracture. you're canadian, get it checked out.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
my grandma is just falling apart. She's gonna be 100 soon and she's constantly breaking legs and other parts. She's been fighting going into assisted living because, idk, she has her reasons I guess, but her life sounds like absolute misery. Every time I visit her she talks about the last time she almost died and kind of gives me this look like "well, maybe next time?" and its really hard to watch.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

is it weird having a grandma that's only 1 year older than you are?

:boom:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

my grandma is just falling apart. She's gonna be 100 soon and she's constantly breaking legs and other parts. She's been fighting going into assisted living because, idk, she has her reasons I guess, but her life sounds like absolute misery. Every time I visit her she talks about the last time she almost died and kind of gives me this look like "well, maybe next time?" and its really hard to watch.
i hope she's at least more or less at peace with the current state of things.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s my understanding that the older one gets the more stubborn they become.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

except for me, I’ve always been and always will be 100% reasonable.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

i hope she's at least more or less at peace with the current state of things.

i dont think anyone would be at peace with constant pain but

like honestly i think if she had the choice, she'd rather be gone and she's more or less told me this outright.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

and its really hard to watch.

sorry to hear it man.

life’s funny, how sometimes humans can be so fragile but also can somehow manage to survive despite everything thrown at them

rotor posted:

like honestly i think if she had the choice, she'd rather be gone and she's more or less told me this outright.

I have no words but … poo poo .. :/

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

echinopsis posted:

sorry to hear it man.

life’s funny, how sometimes humans can be so fragile but also can somehow manage to survive despite everything thrown at them

I have no words but … poo poo .. :/

people shouldn't outlive their children.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rotor posted:

people shouldn't outlive their children.

agreedo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lost some lbs over the last few months so i got one of those anti-snore mouth guard things from amazon, hoping I could ditch my cpap contraption. slept like shiiiiiit with that thing in my mouth and the mrs. had to wake me up because i was still snoring like crazy. oh well back to the cpap i suppose. was really hoping i could leave it at home for the holiday trip but that just ain’t in the cards (yet).

anyway thanks for reading my post. remember, the light at the end of someone’s tunnel may just be you (but it’s probably actually hell or something idk.)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

so yeah now I’m super tired and feeling a little loopy. hope I don’t post anything dumb!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
too late

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh wow check out miss cleo and the psychic froends network over here. can somehow see into the future??

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Kenny Logins posted:

might be a stress fracture. you're canadian, get it checked out.

yeah true, although out hospitals and clinics are massively overloaded and understaffed right now so if anything i'm going to go through my gp. if it still hurts in a day or so after ditching my uncomfortable shoes i will do so.

President Beep posted:

lost some lbs over the last few months so i got one of those anti-snore mouth guard things from amazon, hoping I could ditch my cpap contraption. slept like shiiiiiit with that thing in my mouth and the mrs. had to wake me up because i was still snoring like crazy. oh well back to the cpap i suppose. was really hoping i could leave it at home for the holiday trip but that just ain’t in the cards (yet).

anyway thanks for reading my post. remember, the light at the end of someone’s tunnel may just be you (but it’s probably actually hell or something idk.)

my cpap has been great but i think i need a new nose pillow thing already. also when i'm super anxious from work i have trouble sleeping with it on (i feel like i can't breath :ironicat:) and usually pull it off halfway through the night and then have a lovely sleep, often making me too tired to deal with whatever made me anxious in the first place.

and wouldn't you know it - i'm super anxious from work this week and had a lovely night's sleep last night :negative:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Progressive JPEG posted:

is it weird having a grandma that's only 1 year older than you are?

:boom:

Unless there's time travel or they're not a blood relation... yes?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Volmarias posted:

Unless there's time travel or they're not a blood relation... yes?

what about IVF?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah true, although out hospitals and clinics are massively overloaded and understaffed right now so if anything i'm going to go through my gp. if it still hurts in a day or so after ditching my uncomfortable shoes i will do so.

my cpap has been great but i think i need a new nose pillow thing already. also when i'm super anxious from work i have trouble sleeping with it on (i feel like i can't breath :ironicat:) and usually pull it off halfway through the night and then have a lovely sleep, often making me too tired to deal with whatever made me anxious in the first place.

and wouldn't you know it - i'm super anxious from work this week and had a lovely night's sleep last night :negative:

I’ve been very lucky in that regard. I’ve never really minded mine. as I believe I’ve mentioned in the pos before, when i was little I wanted to invent a device called a monster snorkle that’d allow me to hide under my blankets but still draw fresh air. cpap is that but only better because it’s powered.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

gently caress! you know what makes you feel old? thinking to yourself “haven’t we had this cpap conversation before?”

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

gently caress! you know what makes you feel old? thinking to yourself “haven’t we had this cpap conversation before?”

it doesnt make me feel old. i dont have a cpap

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

President Beep posted:

as I believe I’ve mentioned in the pos before, when i was little I wanted to invent a device called a monster snorkle that’d allow me to hide under my blankets but still draw fresh air.

Beep secret identity confirmed

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh, come on! i swear i didn’t know about this.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

god dammit I’m pissed now. at least i still have my “enlarge-and-realifier gun” concept, used for things like turning matchbox cars into real cars.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

beep we all know it's for your dilz

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it can be for a lot if things, okay?!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

President Beep posted:

oh, come on! i swear i didn’t know about this.

that comic is 36 years old dude. that's two hbags.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rotor posted:

my guts are bad. I think i have Bad Guts Syndrome.

I am having a BGS relapse

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
ron moore'd again :argh:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

I am having a BGS relapse

this was my life

until I discovered the secret - every time you take a poo poo you take two loperamide

then you don’t need to poo poo again for the next 3-5 days

that’s good enough on it’s own but what’s odd is that somehow it totally eliminates all the bowel crampy stuff that comes with having IBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

despite what a lot of people think loperamide crosses the blood-brain barrier. its addictive, don't take it if you have addiction issues with opiates