Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Binary Badger posted:

I know what you mean, I stepped in a pothole a year ago and got a great case of plantar fasciitis; my foot didn't even hurt until the next day and after that it was like I was that game meme of the guy who caught an arrow in the foot or something, the pain was fairly constant and excruciating..

Was actually referred to a podiatrist / sport doctor who showed me how to tape my foot properly, had to wear the boot at night, and a few months later I'm like 90% pain free but it comes back to haunt me if I twist it just wrong, or if I get up too fast, or the sun comes up that day

it's not too bad, there is some bruising and swelling, but nothing dramatic.

i'm looking forward to playing the game of "is this going to be better in a week, or is this just something i have to live around forever" though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graph posted:

what, no bourbon or bbq too?
i would rather just drink bourbon or bbq sauce than eat that wack burg ever again

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
just got six and a half hours of uninterrupted sleep and feel like i should get an award :smuggo:

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

prefect posted:

just got six and a half hours of uninterrupted sleep and feel like i should get an award :smuggo:

I feel like if you posted this in the yospos parenting thread that someone would send trained assassins to your door.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

This is our first Halloween in the new house and the town hasn't really posted anything about trick or treat, so I just bought a poo poo load of candy assuming we'd have a huge amount of kids going through. It turns out they do trunk or treat at the nearby park so we had like 10 or so total people come up to the house. So I ate a lot of candy today. Now I feel like trash. What the gently caress.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

similar thing here, we didn't bother decorating the house this year but that meant no one knocked?? whoops now I have too many lollies.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

we normally get 80~100 we got 40 last year and 12 this year

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Maybe word has spread that you give out poo poo candy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

or smell bad

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

wow

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

fuckin necco wafer giving rear end house

charleston chew rear end motherfucker

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fucker handin out red hots and not even being ashamed about it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

remember knowing where every dentist in your neighborhood lived?

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

qirex posted:

lol.

when i was a kid there was a loooong street down a kinda steep hill that had like 4 houses on a dead end but it was always worth the walk cuz one of the houses gave out full-size snickers bars :rock:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Where did you get this
candy it blows
Gonna TP the house
Of Cat Face Joe

qirex posted:

yeah I never lived in those neighborhoods

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Where did you get this
candy it blows
Gonna TP the house
Of Cat Face Joe

haha

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the worst halloween candy is those peanut chews that come in the black and orange wrappers. those always end up being the last in the bag before going in the trash

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Parents check your kids' Halloween candy very closely. I opened this bag of circus peanuts and there were circus peanuts inside

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
thrills are by far the worst hallowe’en candy

(lol nice autocorrect for halloween ios)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

qirex posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

we normally get 150+ kids and we got about 60 this year. we did up little ziplocs with 3 candies in them in anticipation and only barely ran out

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

shoeberto posted:

This is our first Halloween in the new house and the town hasn't really posted anything about trick or treat, so I just bought a poo poo load of candy assuming we'd have a huge amount of kids going through. It turns out they do trunk or treat at the nearby park so we had like 10 or so total people come up to the house. So I ate a lot of candy today. Now I feel like trash. What the gently caress.

All the Rivertowns near me decided to do that, one town held it in the commuter parking lot next to the train station.

You visit the trunk of people you know and stay away from vans

I remember taking my kids with me back when I was in Brooklyn and having a blast but was tired the next day from all that walking

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Roosevelt posted:

the worst halloween candy is those peanut chews that come in the black and orange wrappers. those always end up being the last in the bag before going in the trash

Think those are the Goldenberg peanut chews, those were responsible for making one of my kid's fillings drop out, they're pretty vile

Same goes for Bit O'Honeys and Oh Henrys.. people keep those for friggin years then hand them out as filler after they've ossified

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Binary Badger posted:

All the Rivertowns near me decided to do that, one town held it in the commuter parking lot next to the train station.

You visit the trunk of people you know and stay away from vans

I remember taking my kids with me back when I was in Brooklyn and having a blast but was tired the next day from all that walking

Lame!!!
I mean it's fine. I figure it's safe, keeps kids away from moving vehicles and it's covid-proof. There just wasn't really any info about it easily available so we got caught off guard.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

Same goes for Bit O'Honeys and Oh Henrys.. people keep those for friggin years then hand them out as filler after they've ossified
i like o henrys quite a bit but yes this phenomenon makes them a real mixed bag

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Everyone not saying circus peanuts are the worst are either unfamiliar with them or just depraved and degenerate

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Everyone not saying circus peanuts are the worst are either unfamiliar with them or just depraved and degenerate

they're banana flavored

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Circus peanuts and candy corn are on the same trash tier for me. They were clearly invented by someone who did not accept Jesus as their Lord and savior and knew they were going to hell no matter what, so they chose to inflict pain on this mortal coil.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
bit o honey rear end, good 'n plenty rear end giving people

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

graph posted:

fuckin necco wafer giving rear end house

charleston chew rear end motherfucker

for the record, Charleston Chews are fine. They're not great, but perfectly acceptable middlin-tier candy.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

my pet peeve is those fuckin gobstopper things

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i like tootsie rolls, give me the tootsie rolls

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

prefect posted:

they're banana flavored
found one

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

for the record, Charleston Chews are fine.

no

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotor posted:

for the record, Charleston Chews are fine. They're not great, but perfectly acceptable middlin-tier candy.

rotor is correct

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

rotor posted:

More like Fuckarn Chew completely wrong

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Captain Foo posted:

rotor is correct

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

heretics all of you

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

rotor posted:

charleston chews are great candy bars, because they're larger than normal candy bars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

its like nougat and chocolate, its completely inoffensive. Having strong opinions about charleston chew is like going to the mat over vanilla ice cream.