Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cops dogs are in many ways the most abused dogs of all, they deserve heaven at least as much as other dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

don’t k9 officers just constantly kill the dogs

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

qirex posted:

don’t k9 officers just constantly kill the dogs
a lot of cop dogs are killed by a bullet that happened to be discharged during a firearm event in which a law enforcement officer was involved, yes

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

jesus WEP posted:

a lot of cop dogs are killed by a bullet that happened to be discharged during a firearm event in which a law enforcement officer was involved, yes

hahaha

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
if a cop shoots a cop dog, he shot a dog. if YOU shoot a cop dog, you shot a cop

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thats true of people too though

moral of the story avoid getin shot

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

it’s just like that monkey in Raiders of the Lost Ark. the monkey wasn’t a nazi and police dogs are not police dogs.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

that monkey got what he deserved

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Monkeys are horrible little shits to begin with

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

you're just jealous that nobody yells at them when they jerk off just to pass the time

at least i am

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

i agree with this

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

they're basically flightless seagulls with prehensile tails

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Achmed Jones posted:

you're just jealous that nobody yells at them when they jerk off just to pass the time

there used to be a guy whod pull into our apt parking lot between 330 and 4am and just fuckin crank it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

graph posted:

there used to be a guy whod pull into our apt parking lot between 330 and 4am and just fuckin crank it

turn off your dome light

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

This but all primates

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

orangutans fuckin rule

bonobos are ok i guess

chimps are fuckin awful

gibbons are cool

and the rest are pretty bad

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

orangutans fuckin rule

bonobos are ok i guess

chimps are fuckin awful

gibbons are cool

idk about gibbons but the rest of that is some Good Ape Opinions.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

To pass the time?!?!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Your primate tier list is a piece of poo poo

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Crash (1996)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

psiox posted:

Crash (1996)

the better Crash tbh

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the other one is so loving cringe lmfao

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Achmed Jones posted:

turn off your dome light

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

shoeberto posted:

I don't think I would want to make a big move with a senior pet. It was hard enough for us just moving them 20 minutes away. Pets get really stressed out by big changes in environments, unless you have one of those mega chill ones that don't give a poo poo about anything.

I shipped my at the time 12 year old cat overseas. I was real worried about it cuz we moved down the street once and he found some hiding place in the basement and I basically didn’t see him for a week.

when they dropped him off at my temp apartment he walked out of the carrier and just flopped over on the couch like it was no big deal.

then a couple weeks later we moved up the street and he spent the week hiding under the couch.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

the other one is so loving cringe lmfao
holy poo poo it’s so bad op

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Jonny 290 posted:

the better Crash tbh

that's the "nightcrawler but car accidents so i can nut" one, right?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sorta, yeah, i guess so

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Blinkz0rz posted:

that's the "nightcrawler but car accidents so i can nut" one, right?
It's jg ballard so it's weirder than any synopsis can get across

The Crash novel drinking game: take a drink every time you read "rectal mucus"

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
jg ballard AND david cronenberg

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

turn off your dome light

then why's it called that, smart guy?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

orangutans fuckin rule

bonobos are ok i guess

chimps are fuckin awful

gibbons are cool

gorillas are angels imo. gentle vegetarian giants

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah gorillas are cool

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you gotta pronounce it in the espanol style tho

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

my downer geriatric take for today is now that i’m 40 i’m having some kind of midlife crisis where I’m worried I’m not ‘achieving’ anything, whatever the gently caress that means. seems like everything is shallow and lame. Intellectually I’m like, ‘life is meaningless, the only thing important is making your own meaning and enjoying the moment’ but emotionally I’m worried that I’m a gently caress up and don’t have a passion or set of things to be proud of.

it’s irrational and narcissistic but that’s been my vibe the last few weeks :shrug:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gentle Autist posted:

my downer geriatric take for today is now that i’m 40 i’m having some kind of midlife crisis where I’m worried I’m not ‘achieving’ anything, whatever the gently caress that means. seems like everything is shallow and lame. Intellectually I’m like, ‘life is meaningless, the only thing important is making your own meaning and enjoying the moment’ but emotionally I’m worried that I’m a gently caress up and don’t have a passion or set of things to be proud of.

it’s irrational and narcissistic but that’s been my vibe the last few weeks :shrug:

yeah something about turning 40 is doing something similar to me. only my dissatisfaction is driven from a strong feeling that a lot of my skills are going to waste. even though my job helps people, gently caress, there’s other people lining up to do my job and so the impact on the world i’m having is sub optimal compared to the actual good I could be doing by using my skills for greater good.

I really believe I have a unique set of skills and experiences making me ideal for certain jobs whereas staying as a pharmacist does nothing worthwhile for the world coz anyone can do this

I also sense a large shift inside me where I am slowly learning from my mistakes. idk why it takes years to change basic poo poo about myself when others can make good decisions for themselves but it’s slowly happening.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the only thing i thought when i turned that age was 'i have 25 more loving years of this of the workforce?'

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i couldn’t handle that so I need to make a change so there is some level of satisfaction out of my daily activity, not just trying desperately to grasp some satisfaction from the small amounts after work when you have a modicum of energy.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

graph posted:

the only thing i thought when i turned that age was 'i have 25 more loving years of this of the workforce?'

im not 40 yet but yeah this is me on the daily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

when i was a kid my parents and their friends would throw "over the hill" birthday parties for each other when one of them would turn 40. they had like black balloons and old person jokes for this person who was clearly decaying in the throes of old age. i wonder if anyone still does that any more, or if 40 is too young for that now