Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Making a deck chair as a hobbyist sounds p doable. But yeah lol at the idea of making a comfortable and ergonomic office chair from scratch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
my steelcase was $45 total and i cleaned it with a vacuum and a soapy rag, and its fine :shrug:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Jonny 290 posted:

the olds diesel would have been fine with just a moderate bump up in headgasket and head bolt strength. their dumbass move was not reinforcing _anything_

and thats how domestic manufacturers successfully murdered diesel tech in passenger cars for 25 years

Aren’t those blocks desirable because they’re basically a reinforced normal Olds 350 block? Good for boost and all that, especially in the bad old days before aftermarket blocks were plentiful

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Schadenboner posted:

So this is what 40 feels like. :tootzzz:

RON HOWARD VOICE: It wouldn't be.

congratudolences

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Jonny 290 posted:

im permabanned poster dimensionstomper58. i first started astrally projecting when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “dreams” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “crystal balls” and “i love making GBS threads inside of alternate planes” in my head for hours, and i would get into a state where i couldn't move after waking up, basically sleep paralysis. im now off ambien. i always wondered what the kind of “transdimensional” style of lucid dreaming was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of narcolepsy and cough syrup addiction. i would advise all people who “get” astral projection to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

incredible

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
yeah man you're handling this with way more grace than i will, when the time comes

getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

echinopsis posted:

the idea that somehow artificial sweetener is worse than sugar is .. well it requires some special kinds of lead poisoning

well, it tastes worse, which is pretty dang important for a food item

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
theres something to be said for calling people the thing they want to be called, but theres not a lot to be mad about in this case

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
are you gonna try quil next

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
make sure you enjoy your vacation instead of just surviving it, lol

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
that sounds pretty cheap for a health thing, so it should work out no matter what

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
mushroom soup sounds good

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
on planes and boats and stuff that have a hand throttle, pulling back on it increases the throttle, right?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
oh, thats disappointing, then. seems like you'd be acting against inertia, which doesn't sound like it would feel very satisfying

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
motorcycles are twist towards you for go, cars with console automatics are pull towards you for downshift to accelerate, hell even the millennium falcon is pull towards you for hyperspace. i dont have experience with planes so i thought they'd be the same, but apparently not.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
does yospos seem like hte place to research every post beforehand? just post imo

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

also star wars being a long long time ago predates the other instances which makes it an important reference point

i hadnt considered this :hmmyes:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
that is why three is actually the best configuration

at work where I only habe two, I put one directly in front and one off to the side

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Branch Nvidian posted:

:hellyeah:

all my issues are up in my neck, so I’m not sure what core strengthening would do other than prevent more/further damage to my spine below the cervical

your neck? wait where is your cervix?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Eeyo posted:

last time i picked up a food aversion to dill (since i had been eating dill crackers before getting sick) and now it's sour cream and onion chips. just revolting now.

wtf, both of those things are great. how dare you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
hell it pays for itself many times over just in gas savings

its like 30 cents cheaper than most places these days