Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I was irrationally pleased to see the Nextdoor app supports iPad now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

t-shirts old enough to buy liquor

that I bought when I was old enough to buy liquor

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

i assume egyptian cotton - Old Kingdom or New?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

I said something about “when I was an intern in the early 90s” and an intern said “Wow, I wasn’t born yet!”

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

nobody’s going to admit to anything because nobody wants to piss in a cup

when my wife did roller derby there were people who wanted USA Roller Sports to take over for Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (or even said ridiculous things like “Congress put USA Roller Sports officially in charge of all roller sports in the US, that includes roller derby”) because that was the path to getting roller derby in the olympics, since USARS was the official roller sports affiliate of the American affiliate of the International Olympic Committee

the way skaters, officials, and fans pushed back on that was to say “do you want to have to use your real name and piss in a cup? that’s what’ll happen with USARS because that’s what’s required to be an Olympic sport”

(skaters use derby names not just to be cheeky but because men are awful)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

this is the thread for rambling like an old right

especially for those of us who are actually an old

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

many of the albums I still listen to are older now than Sgt Pepper was when they were new

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

fart simpson posted:

he still writes personal checks and he likes it

nBSD is “performatively old” as the kids say today

those of us who are actually old are glad not to use checks any more

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

I think you mean they show Carousel clearly

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

no you see paying any attention at all to what you eat is literally a disorder

now paying that degree of attention to your shoes...

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

you don’t trim eyebrow hairs

you gel them and mold them to awesomeness

eventually I hope to have full Monarch brows

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

TI 99: let’s make a single chip version of our minicomputer CPU along with a graphics & sprite chip

then connect it to a truly abysmal amount of main memory by a single strand of hair

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Atari: our 2600 is fun to play but hell to program for

Texas Instruments: here, hold my beer

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

minivanmegafun posted:

I read the data sheet for the tms9900 one day and went :stare: this went into a microcomputer with 256 bytes of memory what the actual gently caress

hey there was 16KB of RAM, it was just on the other side of a really slow bus from the 256-byte workspace

the TMS9900 was basically a 16-bit RISC CPU hamstrung in almost every possible way for no particularly good reason

like on top of the RAM and bandwidth problem, much of TI’s software was written atop a bytecode engine rather than directly for the CPU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

To arrive at the perfect yosposter, take the tallest one's height, then halve that, then halve that, then halve that. That's the correct poster height.

I bet tallest would be jit

all that halving of her height would get down to about 4’20” so this checks out

(she’s v tall)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

fart simpson posted:

i didn’t even know they made sports cars back then

lol as if nbsd is actually old

the first person I knew who made money selling a web company (before the Netscape IPO) bought a red Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

graph posted:

i use two thin ones and sandwich my arms between em

so uh

idk i guess were gonna risk it

it’s about arm reduction

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this destroys the liver

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

move someplace mushrooms are legal then you can use that for pain relief

it’s still relief if your mind is too busy to register the pain right

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

ADINSX posted:

See also terrifyingly fragile eyes and testicles, fighting is super gross but hitting bags is fun

my wife is learning to swordfight and it’s both awesome and terrifying

(not fencing, Historical European Martial Arts, which involves both weapons and hand to hand)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

my wife has always cracked her neck, back, etc. and told me a story from when she was a teenager

one day before homeroom she grabbed her head and twisted to crack her neck and it made a most satisfying loud crack and she thought it’d be funny to just slump down limp and lifeless afterwards

the girl behind her screamed thinking she’d actually broken her own neck

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

shouldn’t you also be getting some Werther’s Original candies?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

syntaxrigger posted:

both of my forearms feel like they are sore but I have no idea why. This has been going on for maybe a month now. My current theory is that it is some form of mismatch between desk height, chair arm rest height, and chair height of my work desk or home desk or both.

are you sure it’s not gout

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

rotor posted:

i like em but between the boots and the cargo pants i need to be careful to not look like a lunatic so i cant wear these

embrace it

boots
cargo pants
commando sweater
wool beanie

you’d be all set to do a knolling pic of your geriatric edc

be sure to include the Palm Prē

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

tori for ik of cspam

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

cops kids out of yospos

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

j/k you seem OK

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

PIZZA.BAT posted:

not that exactly obviously but that's the idea

hope you don’t work in a restaurant

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

PIZZA.BAT posted:

ofc i don’t i’m a dipshit computer toucher

why though?

eat no food a bird has touched

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

just smoke more weed

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

the becoming is upon you

hunt well

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Sweevo posted:

code:
[timg]https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/cd/89/00077570.0001.png[/timg]

swank

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

remember when that chiro quack got owned on these very forums in a thread about chiro

iirc an actual doctor posted an X-ray of a dog spine and asked what was wrong and the chiro posted a bunch of poo poo about that poor man’s “subluxations”

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Was Jesus an incel? :thunk:

not according to the merovingian believers

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

it’s probably your Coronas virus acting up

make sure to take all your pills and drink your Metamucil

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

there are goons with the ’rona and at least one yosposter but I don’t think there have been any deaths yet

hoping for none

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

President Beep posted:

we eat like kings (burgers king)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Coke is stored in the balls?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

I would like a sausage that’s mostly meat but has decent enough amount of offal to get the hearty goodness of eating heart etc, but still tastes mostly normal

heart is meat not offal

delicious, delicious meat