Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I get really sleepy at 11 pm, and canít stay awake past midnight. Wake up at 6.30 even on weekends.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I will problably try progressive/mulitfocal lenses next time I get new glasses. I have to lift up my glasses and squint to look at insects now, or reading tiny print. But it's mostly the insect thing that bugs me.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

thereís more hairs in the sink after I trim my eyebrows and ear hair now than it used to be when I shaved in my 20s.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Zlodo posted:

I don't have nose or ear hairs but sometime I have like just one single eyebrow hair that grows super long and gets in my eye

that's how it starts. they multiply.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

graph posted:

please dont yank out nose or ear hairs

feels good man

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

yo TI 99 pals:fyadride:

Tunnels of Doom is the best dungen crawler/rpg of the era. itís the game that forced 10yo axolotl farmer to learn English.

I had a weird vocabulary since it was mostly about monsters and medieval weaponry.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

rotor posted:

gout, gout, let it all out

this is the thing that we talk about

come on

i'm talking to you

come on

songs from the comfy chair

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I started playing Dark Souls this year. Maybe thatís my very mild midlife chrisis.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

theadder posted:

dr yospos

how can I help you with invertebrate zoology, evolutionary biology or taxonomy?

I'm the kind of doctor that actually had to do research instead of loafing around in medschool. :smug:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

prefect posted:

i am interested in avoiding actual work this morning. how would i learn more about this?

from wiki:

quote:

Great Leap Forward

During the Great Leap Forward campaign of 1958 to 1961, China's leaders attempted to accelerate collectivization and dramatically increase the pace of industrial production throughout the country, particularly in rural areas. This mostly involved small-scale production, such as the smelting of "backyard" steel. It was thought that through collectivization and mass labour, China's steel production would surpass that of the United Kingdom within only 15 years from the start of the "leap."

An experimental commune was established in Henan early in 1958, and soon communes spread throughout the country. Tens of millions were mobilized to produce a single commodity that was symbolic of industrialization: steel. Approximately 25,000 communes were set up, each with around 5,000 households. The hope was to industrialize by making use of the massive supply of cheap labor and avoid having to import heavy machinery. Small backyard steel furnaces were built in every commune where peasants produced small nuggets of cast iron made from scrap metal. Simultaneously, peasant communities were collectivised.

The Great Leap Forward is now widely seen, both within and outside China, as a major economic disaster. Peasants often abandoned farming to produce steel or work in other industrial production. The three years between 1959 and 1962 were known as the "Three Bitter Years," the Three Years of Natural Disasters (although this name is now rarely used in China), and the Great Leap Famine, as the Chinese people suffered from extreme shortages of food. The period had a profound impact on the history of rural life in China.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

more hair in the sink when I trimmed my eyebrows today than there was when I started shaving in my teens.

at least I still make an effort to trim my eyebrows and keep ear- and nose hairs in check.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

akuma is dead

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

echinopsis posted:

poo poo lets make it fun in here and talk about funerals

my mum doesnt want one. I dont know what to do with this information.

echi, I hope your mom i healthy and will continue to be healthy, but if sheís preparing for dying I have some sad and serious advice.

true and trite: funerals are not for the dead, theyíre for the living. my parents died both before 70, and were clear about what kinds of funerals they wanted: civil service, music, and real food after (not cake).

if your mom doesnít want a funeral, talk to her about letting you have a memorial service for the family and very close friends.

brothers and sisters, get good with them and make sure youíre on the same page about the estate. nothing can tear a family apart like fighting over an inheritance.

a dead parent will derail your life for a while. no getting past that.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I made this in 2010, before yospos.css.

e: now in 2020 grey

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I spent last weekend cleaning the apartment, and the next couple of days moving stuff at work.

now I think I have sciatica :saddowns:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

my back is still hurting most of the time :(

human spines are terrible evolutionary hacks. it all retrofitting bipedalism on a quadroped with nonsense like kneecaps and super fragile discs in the lower back.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Uptime Sinclair posted:

finally passed that fukkiní kidney stone

did it make a 'plink' sound as it hit the porcelain?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

fart simpson posted:

is anyone itt dead yet

my back is still killing me :/

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Uptime Sinclair posted:

praying for trig. never stopped

trig is fine and posting cats and maps on facebook

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

you made me realize i'm starting my fifth decade on this stupid planet for jerks

did anyone say Old on a Cob yet?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

my wife just took me to an outdoor gym session with a PT leader. pushups and burpees and all that.

I'm ded and almost barfed.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

hell yeah Wiener bread and fried monks!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

that stuff will kill you btw :(

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I've never had a gout attack, what are you people eating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NjTWvl8x-U

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

gout sounds like something i'd get near the gluten at the asian grocery store

btw don't eat pure gluten it's vile

hail seitan :black101:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

PIZZA.BAT posted:

let out a colossal fart this morning.

...but enough about your posting.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

I gotta find something with caffeine that isn't carbonated or highly acidic

green tea

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I saw Maine across the river in Niveaux Brunswick once. that part of Canada is what I imagine Maine is like but more French.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

echinopsis posted:

I've talked with tons of migraine havers and the variety and breadth of drugs is impressive

one I can think of at the moment

prochloperazine
sumatriptan/rizatriptan
sandomigran
caffiene/ergotamine
propranolol
codeine
paracetamol
ibuprofen
doxylamine

I take metclopramide (anti emetic) and diclofenac (nsaid painkiller) for migraines. itís take meds and lie down in a dark quiet room or barftown.

never had an aura, just skull-ripping pain, violent barfing and explosive shits.

if suckadongandlol actually cured my migraines I would be totally down.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

i used to get horrible migraines [...] all of that mostly resolved itself in my late 20s vOv

Iím 45 and I donít get them too often. less than once a month. no clear trigger, too much sun, stressing for a long while and then relaxing, pisces too low in the lower quadrant of ascendant Jupiter, idk.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

jerry "mustaanylle" cotton

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

lol this is my least favorite part about summer in frankfurt. my body's sleep code clearly says "go to bed three hours after sunset, wake up with sunrise" and in furt that's like 3-4 hours in the middle of summer

checking in from 59į North in Stockholm. in June, the sun sets but the sky never gets dark.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

reminder to Americans that that's about as far North as southern Nunavut or Norternmost Quebec.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

President Beep posted:

i even like dark days. like to be out and about in the evening/on stormy days.

visit Sweden in November :shepicide:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

I've had migraines 4 times so far this week. one bad one, two tiny ones, and one that it seems came on in my sleep but messed me up all day

gently caress migraines forever t:mad:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

prefect posted:

when i lived in columbus

I am truley sorry for your lots

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

sodium lauryl phosphate is terrible. it wrecks my tastebuds, and makes everything taste bitter for hours. all it does in toothpaste is making it foam, no real cleaning effect.

good thing there are several regular fluoride toothpastes that are made without it. I like my midmorning coffee to taste good, and I like my teeth to stay intact too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I think I went >50% grey beard during this year. :geno: