Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

before gm killed the oldsmobile brand in the us their research showed median buyer age was over 70

good lord thats an impressive segment to sell to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

DiggityDoink posted:

i've had the same memory foam pillow for like 15 years now. it loving stinks because you can't wash it but i can't find another pillow that is as firm as it is and my neck gets sore in the morning if i try a different pillow. i spray it with febreze every week or so but it's still not pleasant to anyone who doesn't sleep with it every night. thankfully it only smells if you stick your nose into it.

tossing a heavy cotton allergen cover on it might contain some of the odor, theyre a pretty tight weave to act as a barrier

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rotor posted:

welcome ... to a thread called goutse.cx [knee crack noise]

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

were currently running through frasier and im seriously considering a sherry addition to the liquor side table

ive said it before but for sleep I take 1.5–3mg of melatonin a night and wake feeling mostly rested and remembering strange dreams after years of having neither. my white noise and ambient sleep music app fill in the background now that its too quiet by our place

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Uptime Sinclair posted:

mine is absolutely frasier

my lady said im a marty and shes totally right in both my snark and the conversations with our dog

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i would talk to a doctor. or at the very least a pharmacist.

paging echi-

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

and definitely, 100%, do not drink alcohol. any alcohol. ever.

nm

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

melatonin is a prescription medicine here 🙄

ugh thats the wildest thing to me. is there some way to abuse it? melatonin seems like the least harmful sleep aid available

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

well, you can overdose on anything

but realistically not really. some people take ten mg at night, idk what happens when you do it for a long time. it’s just that as a treatment for sleep it’s so much better than sedating antihistamines which are over the counter or benzo likes which are bad news 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

i was taking 10mg for a while and dropped to 3 when my sleep habits were more stable, then to 1.5, as far as i could tell nothing changed terribly and i dont recall negative side effects from regular use or reduced use

i will say that after a week of no use i slip back to my old bad sleep quality. ive added some helpful stuff since the last time i tried that like a fitted bite guard and better white noise so it might be time to try again

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rotor posted:

me: well, let me just stand up to draw you some diagrams [CRACK CRUNK SNAP GRIND]

people: is someone shaking a bag of walnuts?

me: ...

lol this is my one ankle and my one elbow and i can just keep rotating in the most uncomfortable walnut tumbling way and the noise never stops

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it does give me some wild adventure dreams at 10mg, even 3mg gives me really interesting memorable ones

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

GOUTSE.CX: i'm headin out to walgreens to buy some melatonin and some milk duds

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

prefect posted:

i've been going to sleep around six lately, and then waking up at ten to look at the internet for a couple hours before going back to sleep

been doing a 10:30 bedtime (normally a midnight person) and im waking up rested and way earlier now. not sure i like it in winter but eh

DiggityDoink posted:

I’ve been having to wake up at 3:30am so bedtime has been around 8 for me recently

my grandparents did this even in retirement and now it honestly doesnt sound too bad now that everything is streaming and time doesnt matter

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theyd wait for the morning paper. imagine the zen like calm of waiting for the news in 2019 instead of being bombarded every three seconds

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

c old s: got a cut today and realized all my greys are in my temples which is cool but also im getting more in my forehead than i thought i was

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

having been there it is not zen at all. when you are twiddling your thumbs waiting for the paperboy it sucks real bad

waking up and finding the paper already delivered, now that, that fuckin owns

as a kid i spent a weekend with them and this does resonate, but i wasnt sure if it was because i was 13 and didnt understand the concept of waking at 3:30

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

on my own getting old thing i find i can no longer reliably sleep through the night

i go to bed, wake up about four hours later, piddle around a bit, and sometimes i go back to bed for another four hours or so

join the yospos melatonin crew

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

i see sleeve tattoos more and more each year, I actually think (yes this is my opinion) that they’re much more socially acceptable on women than me

i dated a lady with a back to arm tattoo and she worked it into her personal style a lot more than ive see dudes do. maybe thats whats giving you those vibes

Sweevo posted:

"peepee" on the penis
"poopoo on the rear end
and "he is a bad president" on the taint

:trumppop:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jerry Cotton posted:

I've transitioned from "I need more space for my home computer video game console systems" to "my tool and cleaning closets are way too small". (A steam cleaner is really great by the by. Mean gout in the joints but clean grout in the bathroom.)

steam cleaning owns. im in the incremental maintenance phase of life and like small fixes and deep cleaning and restoring things

Jerry Cotton posted:

i keep a small piece of wood that someone else has, at some point, used for stirring paint

a friend of the family passed a few years back and his wife didnt want his tools (he was a craftsman), so now i have his well used ladder covered in paint drops

I only realized after three years that it has a previous previous owners name also on it with a label maker label. i like to think its perpetually goes from person to person as some platonic ideal of a painting ladder

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

*posts russian roulette scene from the deer hunter

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

she just drank a lot of water

when i had my stones my doc said to do the same. i was doing a gallon a day like i was on the hs football team

qirex posted:

I somehow got on the aarp mailing list when I was like 35

lol same and for two years prior, i might apply next time they send one to get my aarp card and start living the old life early

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ShadowHawk posted:

Fake cast iron might not even be cast iron

yeah, a dirt cheap new one sounds dodgy meanwhile goodwill probably has a few old good ones for the same price

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

c neck s: thinkin about those pain creams

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

axolotl farmer posted:

more hair in the sink when I trimmed my eyebrows today than there was when I started shaving in my teens.

at least I still make an effort to trim my eyebrows and keep ear- and nose hairs in check.

ha this was me yesterday, at this rate ill trim more from them than my nose and ear hair combined

its full wizard if i wait a few weeks

rotor posted:

this is true. you want those really bushy old man wizard eyebrows

yesssss, mine started at about 25 and theyve only become more powerful since then

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i have one blond (I swear its blond) eyebrow hair that looks sharp as hell, but loses its effect with the salt and pepper beard stubble

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

my other hair is not blond but a nice streak of grey in the temples and im gonna rock that as long as it lasts

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

tim "the tool"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

meanwhile at the backstage of an apple presentation

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

c neck s: i fell asleep on the couch in a dumb way again and stayed there because our dog is a good nap buddy. thinkin about that icy hot and a topic analgesic

i bought a heatable weird bead pad for muscle stuff, but it doesn't work well for neck and shoulder if im not sitting totally still

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rotor posted:

i should really get that vaccine

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

idk scared neighbor is going to just film you and share your decline on nextdoor

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

they may also be in decline

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

poo poo lets make it fun in here and talk about funerals

my mum doesnt want one. I dont know what to do with this information.

i hope im buried under a tree or even better washed out to sea so no one has to pay for burial or cream-ation costs :smugmrgw:

my grandmother had the same request so we had a small mostly family only ceremony after cremation and interred her next to my grandfather

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i want a new orleans style funeral with music and people celebrating the times we had together

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

speaking of posting firmament a good yogurt and granola morning each day is doing wonders for mine

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

got around to filling my emergency inhaler after not doing so for too long and got a lot of time to read about shingrix in the waiting room

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

did u get your flu shot too? :toughguy:

in october! got paid $5 for it too because pharmacies want that big flu money

they made me wait in the amberpos area while i was waiting for my inhaler surrounded by shingles and heart disease pamphlets

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

haunted bong posted:

in france they're called a royale with seize

Captain Foo posted:

jaysus lol at all this

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

saw a bunch more gray hairs in the mirror just now. i think its broken or something.

did i mention my few spare middle brow hairs are turning white? i felt both old and relieved that it makes avoiding an implied unibrow easier. i learned it took my grandpa until his 60s before they stopped growing there

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh thats a beefy one, mine were way smaller (might have been fragmented but we)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rotor posted:

my dad was shot twice in the leg in vietnam and he said that passing a kidney stone was way worse

i mean my passing of them isnt notable, but the waking at night with a kidney punch pain and vomiting that rivals the angriest flu sure isnt enjoyable

the last time i had one my doc prescribed the same stuff they give chemo patients for nausea. that poo poo is magic let me tell you, you can go from feeling unable to function food poisoning awful to totally fine in a few minutes with no concern

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i know a physio guy and the stuff they can tell you about muscle interaction and care is amazing, its like meeting someone with the owners manual to your body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i just searched chi rho op