Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

i can't drink beer any more because of gout and it kills me. haven't had a beer in 18 months and despite that haven't lost a kg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

ShadowHawk posted:

My custom orthotics are why I don't have knee problems anymore (and why I stopped getting foot pain when running as a child).

In the old days they'd make a mold of your foot and sculpt them, these days you just stand on a scanny machine and it tells you all about your feet/balance (like how I had 12% more weight favoring one side than the other...)

yeah ditto i got orthotics and started wearing boots that support my ankles more and my plantar stopped after a few months.

there you go rotor you are cured through the power of anecdata.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Jonny 290 posted:

NHK World. They broadcast it on a tv subcarrier here and i will turn that poo poo on and just let it mumble in the background for eighteen hours. when i get burned out i just focus on that and watch some 93 year old japanese guy pull noodles while a narrator goes "Wow! This tradition has been common in this prefecture for seventy years." i can get about 45 channels on OTA TV here and ninety percent of my tv channel time is spent on it

I'm so glad someone else is into The Nice News. Everything is a good news story about some person who does a thing well, and even if they don't do it well the reporter is excited and praises it.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

being away from the drinks fridge in the office has got me back to maybe a can of coke a week, much easier to manage when you can control what comes into the house. unfortunately Iím also walking a lot less.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

yep I sprained a rib from sleeping on my side last night, real fun stuff. of course because I'm 38 I already had a physio appointment booked for something else today so I got it fixed the day after.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

echinopsis posted:

i had been banking on the bank reevaluating my house at a higher rate so i could borrow more against it to pay off credit card debt and i can!! this is the best news in my life in such a long time:! iíll have the maximum amount of my own wage going to me so i wonít have to go into debt each week to live and now life doesnít seem as bleak or pointless anymore and now thereís a reason to work on my knee

this is good but make sure you destroy the credit cards now they are paid off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Achmed Jones posted:

thanks for the recs - i'll try naproxen. hopefully i can tolerate it

Iíve been getting some nerve pain in my hands and naproxen is great for it, worked better than cortisone for me. no side effects but Iím pretty lucky with most medication that way. itís sold as period pain medication in AU, not sure why itís not the default anti inflammatory because is seems better than anything else. works for my gout too.