Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I wake up with the sun most days and it feels really good. Nice and toasty under the sheets & a wool blanket in a cold house, dog laying by my feet keeping them warm too.

Last night’s dream has faded but it involved something about being in the drug business and earning the respect of Avon Barksdale, or maybe the actor Wood Harris? I get maybe one nightmare a year or so and they always involve me committing acts of extreme violence against vague personifications of things I hate and I wake up feeling awful and angry.

My back aches a bit at the end of active days but that’s because I’m fat with a big ol’ gut to carry around. I rejoined my favorite gym... right in march lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Wake up naturally at 6:30 -> think “nah” and keep resting for a bit, give the dog belly rubs -> think about what needs to get done today and what might get done, and how you’ll try to bridge that gap -> get up a bit before the sun (8am here now) -> some granola for breakfast and pancakes on the weekend but call them “flapjacks” since it’s cooler and more outdoorsy -> some espresso in your favorite mug from a long-closed cafe that gives you so much joy that Marie Kondo would ask you to tone it down a bit -> log into work, maybe get some stuff done and exaggerate what you’re doing during standup, the work isn’t going to save you so have some perspective -> chop some wood, you need the exercise ya know -> work up an appetite, have some leftovers for lunch or maybe throw together a sandwich -> try to work on a cool project or aspect that you actually enjoy, maybe do some resume padding stuff -> read and maybe shitpost on the forums for a bit -> several hours of whatever you want + whatever you need to do; some woodworking, video games, texting & catching up with friends and/or loved ones, walk the dog before it gets too dark -> soup or stew for dinner, slurp loudly ‘cause you’re a grown-rear end man/woman and can do what you want -> get a fire going -> some brandy or whiskey to really warm up -> get some reading done, watch some sports, maybe go through your “to watch” list to find a nice movie -> retire to bed, let the dog curl up at your feet -> get frustrated at the NYT crossword and hit “autocheck”, mutter “nobody calls it that, gently caress you” and close the app in disgust -> maybe some more reading -> fall asleep soundly knowing that everything you actually have control over is doing ok, and as long as you keep that up you’re going to more than just make it

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Always put salt on your tongue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_83MEuLoz9Y

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Made myself feel old today by realizing this is the year of Super Troopers 20th Anniversary Edition

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The Beatles rule

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I was a teen in the early and mid 2000s and music then was absolutely dogshit. Just terrible terrible stuff.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Nah, nu-metal and poo poo was bad everyone knows this

https://youtu.be/sIlNIVXpIns

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

https://youtu.be/xpKxtTPQ1Q8

these tin eared bands were so bad lmao

2001 gave us Daft Punk’s Discovery though and that album is an all-time great

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Apparently Jello's a friend of a friend back in SF. The way it was described to me, the dude is really active in the music scene and just shows up to stuff all the time and is hard to get rid of.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

paired with the adults-only site, OnlyGams

lol

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I gave up ordering out for lent since it's such a terrible habit and I'm basically vegetarian now, didn't really think about it.

Got a half hog share coming my way in September though, any vegetarian habits that last until then are going straight out the window.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I like to use a local burger place that set their grubhub menu such that you can tip the staff through it. "Buy a round for the kitchen" as a burger add on or something like that.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Jane, you ignorant s-word

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

This is just his way of admitting he has a crush on smoka ☺️

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Oh yeah, that BK is notorious. I never personally saw any outbreaks of violence there but only went one or two times. Busker friend of mine saw a brawl there of the "they're not moving, someone check if they're still breathing" sort and tried to avoid it ever since.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I always went to All Star cafe further down marker past 11th, good Philly cheesesteak there although you wouldn’t think it.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I have my smart lights set up such that if you say "Hey Siri, there's been a hull breach!" they all turn red and some start flashing.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Tom Hanks is cool as hell and has an obsession with typewriters, which are neat.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Portland is organized into quadrants with NW, SW, SE, NE. But thanks to a bend in the river there's also just North, so we actually have five quadrants.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

there's a bar in North Portland called that, because lol five quadrants

And I live on one of the quadrant-dividing streets so technically my address isn't any of them it's just "east"

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Years ago I had to get a car towed in Portland and somehow the towing company managed to send a dude to the exact same address but in Los Angeles. That was a very confusing "ok I'm here, where is the car?" call

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

It’s gonna own so hard when you reach this milestone. Post maps when you do that poo poo’s cool

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Right-handed people are scared of us and our power.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Postal Service Banking Now

Branches in every zip code, staffed with federal union workers that all sound like this loving guy right here https://youtu.be/_3mw49mk_x0

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I got your roll of quarters right here, pal

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Yo shut the gently caress up, dude. These posts suck rear end and you should be embarrassed as hell

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

quote:

if I ever met a person unsuitable for long duration and energetic dissociatives, it's this one weird dude

You’re goddamn right

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

echinopsis posted:

oops sorry, thanks for telling me

Not in the slightest and your hurf-le-durf I have no shame and can’t stop posting!! poo poo sucks rear end. Unless you’re going to have a meltdown we can laugh at and not with later don’t bother.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Everyone should, it’s the coolest

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Wrapping up the design of my miter station, once I get a cut list soon I’ll be haulin’ hella lumber

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

“Makerspaces” and tool libraries are kinda like that

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

When I get some land it'll be in the woods and there'll be just enough tools to make a nice cabin and maybe other smaller buildings. Only people allowed are close friends and total babes who are willing to play along with my "top secret agent in self exile in the forest until called back for One Last Job" fantasies

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I like turbulence, it’s like going on a mini rollercoaster, which are great

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I've had a set of three arkansas stones for sharpening for years and only just found out I've been using them in the wrong order the whole time

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

When I have some buttermilk left over from making buttermilk bread I like to add a bunch of sugar and citrus zest and some vanilla extract, it tastes like some sort of proto ice cream.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

axolotl farmer posted:

congratulations, you just invented the Danish dessert koldskål.

chill it and throw in some crumbled cardamom cookies too.

I actually got it from a koldskål recipe I just forgot the name :shobon:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Thanks to two huge crashes the 2000s basically never happened in america, economically.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Don’t remember my walk but in my little sister’s year there was one kid that was temporarily in a wheelchair because of surgery (mild hernia or something like that) so he didn’t need it but it was a precaution. He wheeled up onto the stage and got up and walked to get his diploma and the whole audience stood up and clapped like he was some hero overcoming horrible adversity while he had a huge shiteating grin on his face lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I liked the gag where Austin powers was banking on the communists to win the Cold War the whole time lol