Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL. I SINK ALL COFFINS AND I SINK ALL HEARSES HARD. MAKING WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SPIT MY LAST BREATH AT THEE

graph posted:

bucky 40blinks changed my loving life
yeah same, especially now where i have to snag an afternoon nap on weekend days due to having a 2 yo

i think you turned me onto the brand, so, thanks again graph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL. I SINK ALL COFFINS AND I SINK ALL HEARSES HARD. MAKING WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SPIT MY LAST BREATH AT THEE

rotor posted:

I got one of these and my wife said "It looks like a bra for your eyes" and I just can't get over that
sounds like youíre wearing it inside out

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY NIGHT I SETTLE DOWN FOR BED AND OPEN PALM SLAM A SLEEP MASK INTO MY FACE. ITíS A BUCKY 40 BLINKS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START HAVING A WONDERFUL, RESTORATIVE SLUMBER. I DO EVERY REM AND I DO EVERY REM HARD. MAKING SNORING SOUNDS WHEN I LIE COMATOSE OR EVEN WHEN I FART AND WAKE MYSELF UP. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY SLEPT THE GALAXYS MOST RESTFUL SLEEP. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO MY WIFE AND ALL SHE DOES IS PROVE PEOPLE IN MARRIAGES CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. 8 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY EVENIng

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

part of the thing about having kids is that you have to be a better person, if only for their sake. If that's the only reason you have, well that sucks pretty bad, but its still enough of a reason.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

I kind of made a joke about how it must be hard to get them to do all that basic training poo poo and he got thoughtful for a minute and said "if there's one thing this job has taught me it's that the hardest thing you've ever done is the hardest thing you've ever done, whether that's mowing a lawn or burying your mother" and that's really stuck with me for a long time.
food for fuckin thought

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

is it food for thought?

it sounds trite
thereís at least two ways to take it, so itís not a truism like ďit is what it isĒ

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

I have always understood it to mean that it was this guys experience - and he had a lot more of it than most people do - that human suffering is a constant value regardless of class or circumstance
thatís the first angle. peopleís challenges have meaning regardless of scope because of the essential universality of the suffering the challenges cause

then I thought about your story for context

a second angle, he can also seem to be suggesting that a personís hardest experience is only as difficult as theyíve had opportunity to experience, and that most can push past whatever their boundary of suffering is and finish basic training. the preparation from past suffering seems equal regardless of scope (ie he has not seen a difference in success rate between sheltered and hardened trainees).

otherwise, his job experience wouldnít have much direct relevance, or why he said it at all in reply to your comment

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Gentle Autist posted:

a thing that really shits me about myself is that I find it hard to maintain friendships. I just don't really care about them, they seem a lot of effort. I like people and stuff but I guess I'm fundamentally introverted and/or socially anxious. my sense is that this is not uncommon in men particularly. I worry that I am gonna really regret that as I get older tho
big same. i like to think the stuff that makes you a good spouse/parent tends to be mostly separate from (or backburners) what makes a successful ďfriend guyĒ.

i wouldnít regret it just own it. they never made a statue of a group of guys in their 30s/40 who were notable primarily for being hella tite

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

I discovered the utility of heated seats in warming up my coccyx this morning.
the Seat Fucker strikes again. authorities baffled

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

that's a biblical dicksucking joke for you
youíre old even for this thread

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i have a kid in daycare so a flu shot to ward off all illness is like wearing a helmet in a demolition derby but iím a doing it. also itís free anyway

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

do you just like seeing old people die of a common communicable disease
youíve actually pushed me back onto the fence here

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

i hope you dont die before you get old (talkin' bout your vaccination)
the yospold thread content i crave

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

I've started getting heartburn when I sleep. This is cutting into my preferred hobby (sleeping).

:corsair:
ask your doctor about tecta

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

better to live with narcotic side effects than to deal with the pain head-on
AMERICAN HEALTH CARE: ORIGINS

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

akadajet posted:

I have a friend who just got her gallbladder removed and she said she's having to really change her diet.
this whole gall bladder narrative is the yospos geriatric thread content I didn't know I craved

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

eschaton posted:

no you see paying any attention at all to what you eat is literally a disorder

now paying that degree of attention to your shoes...

Zlodo posted:

what grand insight do you derive from your boss shoes

echinopsis posted:

which one to lick

pram posted:

now this is the geriatric content i subscribed for

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

Should I watch Dredd (2012) or Event Horizon (1997) while I wait?
ideally youíd watch ALIEN (1979) but with these choices the body horror option is the obvious choice

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

hidden_msg posted:

I have been wanting to watch Dredd but I don't own it and am starting to think streaming was a mistake.
same except learning itís been out since 2012 has caused me to desiccate into a pillar of ash and disperse into the breeze

I have some movies from 2006 Iíve been meaning to get around to for 13 years

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

I have found a twist works best for nose hairs. for earlobe hairs I use pliers or tweezers. inner ear hairs I suffer for the time being

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

we have a pergola on our deck. itís good poo poo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fart simpson posted:

whats lady grey tea
itís really good but only for 9 days

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

that comes about 6-7 months later at the tower

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Agile Vector posted:

i wish they did this with my appendix. im a bit miffed they tossed some of me without asking
when I die throw me in the trash

pram posted:

i got my appendix taken out, because it decided the time to explode was shortly after I turned 30. like literally the next day. itís like I turned 30 and my warranty expired
mine leaked at around age 20 and it was a rather insanely painful few days. recovery wasnít loads better due to said pseudorupture

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

me, growing up as a tallfat: Iím always a bit warm Iím like a Viking lol bring on winter itís what Iím born for

me, mid 30s, dropped weight but still tall, in a hotel room where I have absolute control of the thermostat: hrm I should have packed a sweater I just canít quite shake this chill but if I turn it up and leave it up overnight I will get a blinding headache at 3AM

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

Just say "Alexa: stop reading my posts to me starting at 2:45"?
FOH if you think I would ever have an Alexa device. Iíve seen their nutrient vats

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

FMguru posted:

it is every amazon customers final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

dear lord is nowhere safe from shoechatte

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

even two to five minutes of gentle stretching before you sit down to Computer has immeasurable benefits.
tomhanksyouvegotmail.gif

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cold on a Cob posted:

i had an intellivision op
T1-99/4A, here. played so much alpiner

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

Did what's probably my last scan, Tomography to confirm lack of leaks before release tomorrow. The first 70 minutes weren't bad but the last 10 minutes was a lot of wooshy-swooshy with 4 tons of metal 25cm from my hed. Never been the slightest bit claustrophobic but I now understand how people can freak the gently caress out with MRIs. :cripes:

I also for the first time really "get" what an artificial horizon is.

99% chance I'm home tomorrow night.
weíve been telling you to calibrate your attitude indicator for years, schade

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

in all grey seriousness glad you came out of this one intact, schade

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Guess who suffered horribly for a night because they didn't realize they had some Prednisolon left over from the last gout attack? It was cleverly hidden in the medicine cabinet
Sheer Gout Attack is a good geriatric u/n

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Watch this, fuckers:

GOUTSE.CX
fuckk

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

DiggityDoink posted:

lovin the title change

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

gout, gout, let it all out

this is the thing that we talk about

come on

i'm talking to you

come on

axolotl farmer posted:

songs from the comfy chair

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

syntaxrigger posted:

more like my kingdom for a comfy chair made for someone 6'4" or above.

I am irl still mad at herman miller :argh:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

you should be mad at your lovely ancestors that sexually selected for height, but whatever

69" tall here, the perfect height
youíre small but only in size Jonny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

To arrive at the perfect yosposter, take the tallest one's height, then halve that, then halve that, then halve that. That's the correct poster height.