Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

drat you are all old and falling apart. anyway I am off to the doctor because my throat hurts and all my lymph nodes on my head are hella swole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

the best pillow is $5 and thin and you replace it every 6 months

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

echinopsis posted:

anyone who has kids should know that the skeletal system stops growing somewhere around 21 or so and you cant make the skeleton stronger afterward

and that simply by putting a load thru the skeleton (strength training is specific for this) before that age will make the skeleton stronger, and (imo) should be specifically encouraged especially in women

for one of my sons itll be pleasure the other not so much lol

yeah, i just read "jaws" and it's mostly about making your kids chew their food properly so their jaws grow to the right size, the skeleton needs the right stressors to grow to its full potential. i can only imagine what weight training does to your whole body when you're still growing

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

japan and the uk both have lovely teeth because of historic lack of genetic diversity, iirc.

i don't think it's genetic, you can find lots of accounts of grandparents/parents in traditional food environments who have perfect teeth and jaws and the latest generation who are eating industrial foods have crowding and cavities. too fast to be genetic.

Agile Vector posted:

its the stereotype about appearance, which I've always chalked that up to american focus on presentation = care, that doesnt have to be the case. yellowish not straight teeth are perfectly fine and obsessing about perfect teeth causes all sorts of potential dental issues later in life

discoloration is normal if you drink tea or coffee but crowded teeth because of underdeveloped jaws causes all sorts of issues throughout life due to your airways being too small and your tongue not fitting in your mouth properly. half the population needing braces and wisdom tooth extraction means we're doing something wrong.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

fart simpson posted:

as an idiot teen i induced sleep paralysis in myself trying to astral project. followed all the steps i could find to make yourself astral project and eventually it ďworkedĒ and it was terrifying. ever since then i occasionally get sleep paralysis by accident, especially when im super exhausted. i can feel it coming on sometimes and try to wiggle my toes to snap out of it before it gets too bad and that usually works

i'm sorry but this is very funny

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Fart Sandwiches posted:

moving house sucks and Iím in hell right now. I hired movers who were great, wore masks etc, but I still ended up doing a lot of labor and my body just canít move like that anymore. pain at all joints, cramp in my thigh, neck pain itís all very terrible

still got random poo poo at the old place 30 mins away. ugh I hate it

maybe you did it wrong, i got movers last time we moved and i felt like a spare dick at a wedding. money well spent. the post move beers felt like I hadn't earned them though lol

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

my grandmother was short as hell and thought more than one egg in a cake was luxx. makes u thnk

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Salt and preservatives aren't inherently bad for you.

Yeah, agreed. When the food industry managed to rebrand their industrial waste as 'vegetable oil' that was 'health healthy' and jammed it into every single food as it's cheaper than animal fats is when fast food (and a lot of restaurant & supermarket food) went to poo poo.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Gentle Autist posted:

i thought junk food was so called because it was high in sugar/salt/fat and low on fibre, protein, and micronutrients

but when i think about it for more than 2 seconds (rare for me) itís one of those nebulous terms that is abused to make whatever point you need at the time

the type of fat matters!! goodnight

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

worth trying an ultra restrictive zerocarb or 'carnivore' diet at that point? I've read lots of people with chrons/ibd/ibs see improvement/remission with it and it's healthy enough from a nutrition pov just very boring

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

weirdly, yeah. the only vitamin missing is C and apparently if you're only eating meat the need for it is much reduced. the cure for sailors with scurvy before people worked out limes used to be fresh meat too

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

spent nearly all day yesterday bailing out water from the lovely basement the previous owners put in, feeling nice and sore today. man I need to join a gym again. I did give up eventually and go buy a little automated sump pump

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

mediaphage posted:

i like to eat a lot of salt but iíve cut back just because itís probably better for my kidneys since i probably end up eating a bit too much protein too. iíve always had bp on the low side of normal to the point where now that iím not fat sometimes itís hard to stand up without seeing spots

in re app chat myfitnesspal used to be great then under armour bought them. cronometer is the hot poo poo these days imo because they donít allow users to directly edit their db

idk I think protein is fine for the kidneys unless you have kidney disease. then probably everything is bad for the kidneys.

my plan is to eat more red meat and less chicken & pork and relax about starches. and ease up on the red wine. it was getting a bit out of hand

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

plain greek yogurt is so good

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

echinopsis posted:

its a testament to modern food processing that you eat junk food poo poo like mcds often and actually eat quite nutricianally full food. far too energy dense and not enough fibre, but you're defo getting enough of most of what you need to be ok

obv this has to happen, if modern junk food wasnt fortified etc, the modern populace would get deathly ill from their mostly poo poo diets. but most arent suffering malnutrition disorders

if you eat the burger and skip the chips and sugar water it's pretty good

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Progressive JPEG posted:

meanwhile in old person news if i have as much as a glass of wine i consistently end up waking up at like 2am then stay awake for two hours or so

you gotta drink the whole bottle. then you'll stay asleep until 5 (and wake with a huge headache). it's a little thing called a lifehack honey

i caught my son's daycare infection and was apparently having fever dreams and speaking in my sleep all night last night 👌

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

fennel evolved to taste bad so you wouldn't eat it

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

that's right

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

does carrot taste like soap to you? hosed up

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

echinopsis posted:

my brother works in the meat works and works with sharp knives every day so heís got about two decades of full time cutting animals experience and probably knows a sharp knife.

he uses and sharpens knives often enough the literally wears through them until theirs a small skinny blade left

watching him use a honing rod is an interesting experience, he does it very slow and precise.

im so bad at honing knives. i think because my right handed dad tried to teach me, a horrible left handed failure of a son

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

i've been staring at this lansky set for 5 minutes and cannot picture how it's supposed to work lol

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

graph posted:

ive only played n64 like 3 times. glad i missed that turd of a console

same. the ads made waveracer look really fun though.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol that image is small on a 4k monitor now

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

i don't really understand the fibre stuff. no matter how little or how much I eat it's all the same result. maybe I'm not old enough yet

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

mediaphage posted:

pressure cook that bitch

pressure cooker is so good. life changing for the procrastinating cook (me)

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

rotor posted:

yeah idk i just like celery

the salad ruiner ô

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

when we went camping back in the day we'd eat a Famous Bowl each and did not have to start cooking for twenty four hours. then you poo poo a cinder block and life is back to normal

this is the best life hack I've heard

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

im a geriatric millennial

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Gout is entirely from a poo poo lifestyle

gout is caused by sugar/fructose but then the food that doesn't cause it and might even cure it (red meat) give people flare ups, lol. owned imo.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

get a cgm and learn what foods do that to you and stop eating them or you'll lose a foot

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

went to the pub for the first time in like 4 months last night and drat do I feel like an old man today

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

similar thing here, we didn't bother decorating the house this year but that meant no one knocked?? whoops now I have too many lollies.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Gentle Autist posted:

our christmas party is lawn bowls. summer christmas proves itís supremacy once again

lawn bowls is the best work christmas party. still have my trophy from last time we played

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

qirex posted:

the scariest movie is the babadook not because of the monster but the idea of being a single parent to a special needs child with no support network is way more frightening than getting murdered by a ghost

agree. gently caress that movie was distressing

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

'barefoot' shoes are usually a good foot shape. some even look ok!

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Gentle Autist posted:

suddenly getting old man turd problems. is this what my 40s are gonna be???

stop eating fibre, eat more meat

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

did the US legalise yet? need that to happen before any other country considers it

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

going to commute by bike the next three days :sunglasses:

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

cowboy beepboop posted:

going to commute by bike the next three days :sunglasses:

that ruled, god i love riding even if the office sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Binary Badger posted:

What also sucks is the Zyrtec losing its effectiveness after a while and then you have to switch to something else because your body has built up a tolerance to it.

Getting older also means you can't leap out of your bed and scream "A-HAAAAHH" anymore to wake up. If I do that, I either pull something or my legs buckle out from under me.

you should start lifting weights