Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

im in my late 30s with no serious health problems. been a computer toucher for basically two decades and have no joint pain related to horrible posture or carpal tunnel or anything like that. eyesight is fine. seems like this body was built for office work, lol. yet still cant help but feel like it’s all gonna suddenly turn around one day

https://youtu.be/q08k4dJiSPA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Jonny 290 posted:

agree. thevselected ambient works albums hold up. but like ventolin or w/e. na

lol sometimes I put on weird beepy boopy ambient music when my kids play minecraft because it can be oddly suiting sometimes, especially if they’re in the nether. had selected ambient works II on literally as I read this

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

love 2 lite candles

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i puke from over drinking a healthy once or twice a year

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

that was one of my absolute favs of his

the one where he eats a ton of raw eggs and then vomits them into a skillet and cooks the egg vomit into an vomellete and then eats it is up there too

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

watch it you babies

https://youtu.be/zeOW5y3A2Fw

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

axolotl farmer posted:

it was on one of the first episodes of Jackass

this makes it ok

in the video there’s actually a clear video edit between him puking the eggs and the finished omelette so it’s very likely he could have just faked it

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Volmarias posted:

Pretty sure you do in fact have to be broke brained to still be on YOSPOS in TYOOL 2022

*nods sagely*

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

mystes posted:

I thought trump's physician had passed away

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i've had calf cramps since i was a teen and i figured out the upward toes flex trick early. it really sucks when it happens when you're driving tho lol

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I used to get sore knees if i sat in a car or even a movie theatre too long. then i did some squats and lunges and stuff like that and now my knees don’t bother me at all. weird how exercise is good for u

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i used to just do whatever I thought looked ok when trimming my beard and usually ended up over trimming because really i had no idea what I was doing. finally watched this video and it helped a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydfyM48MtsY

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i have mild beard & moustache insecurity. it's not really patchy or like peach fuzz or anything but it's not as thick as some other men's. it's also kinda light brown/reddish so under certain light it looks even thinner. oh well you work with what you're given.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

no other app ui/ux has made me feel more old and out of touch than snapchat

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i simply stick q tips in my ears every morning

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Asian earwax

japan always keeps the best stuff for themselves

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

yesterday i got runny egg yolk in my beard and it was unpleasant

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

jesus WEP posted:

it’s always a fun surprise when you pee the morning after asparagus “WTF AM I DYING oh no it was just dinner”

same but beets

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I simply maintain an unhealthy alcohol tolerance

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

we need to get the chaotic youtube chemists and biologists to work on recreating that ethanol metabolism miracle drug

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

qirex posted:

does anyone know a good guide on cardio for heart health? my blood pressure is creeping up and I need to exercise more and everything I read from an official source seems vague, like ""at least 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes per week of vigorous aerobic activity, or a combination of both," and everything else is seo poisoned with scams and hiit. I need more specifics on what to track

for cardio there’s 5 intensity “zones”. moderate intensity is zone 3 and 70-80% of your “max” heart rate. to figure out your max heart rate, you’ll see a formula often repeated where you take 220 and subtract your age. so if you are 40, your max is 180. to achieve moderate intensity, you need to maintain a heart rate between 126 and 144.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

mystes posted:

I can't imagine drinking 11 beers in one day

it’s easy if you try

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Kenny Logins posted:

pears are good for making bulgogi

your mom makes me bulgogi

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i will eat a crunchy pear, i don't mind

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

knox_harrington posted:

years ago when I was speaking to a psychologist I was beating myself up about similar stuff. She explained that with ADHD it's not a question of remembering, you often just don't form the memory at all in the first place. There's nothing there to remember.

yep

my theory is it has something to do with whether or not the experience triggers a strong emotional response or not. your brain automatically filters it out as not important and it makes no imprint. it’s the same reason why I can usually remember how a movie made me feel and I my memories are usually linked to the stimulating parts, and I forget mostly everything else. Also it’s the same reason why I can remember funny quotes or impactful song lyrics for decades without any problem

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

same

my apartment has radiators across one entire side which means there's already a hole drilled through the walls for the water pipe, so I just used that for ethernet and then tucked the cable under the carpet beneath the radiator. neat n tidy and easy to revert back when I move out

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

echinopsis posted:

on some level I can recognise i’ve had a more hosed up life than most but subsequently does mean i’ve got a load of perspectives

like this 17yo girl will never know what it’s like to be a brainwashed xtian. I feel sorry for her

tbh I wish there was a way you could invest in people like you can the sharemarket. like if I paid for some of her tuition then I get a return on her wages for next ten years. tbf she’s studying linguistics which I don’t think brings in hoards of cash but still. this should be a thing. basically loaning money to a student

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you can legally do this with your own kids if you manipulate them the right way

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

also god drat whatever the rest of the stuff is the inability of some posters to get the joke of annoying your mid-late teenage kids by pointing at the TV and saying "are they having sex" for any kissing or whatever and immediately jumping to paedo accusations is quite impressive

yeah i don't think those posts in particular were on the same level as some of the other stuff he's said. but repeating it multiple times was weird.

the guy had undiagnosed adhd for a long time and it's very on brand to blurt out impulsive thoughts with a general lack of understanding. and if those impulses have gone unchecked for long enough or you aren't in a environment where they're challenged often, it's hard to see what the problem is.

i don't think he was particularly malicious enough to deserve a perma but he def needed therapy lol

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 3, 2024

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i also grew up in a concert starved city and my first real show was when i was 18 and off to college. it was slipknot lol

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

pre-historic humans with too much ear wax simply passed away because they could not hear predators

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Kenny Logins posted:

it’s a rough chuckle but it’s kind of funny to refer to certain gruesome deaths (e.g. mussolini) as someone having “passed away”, so it has value

yeah i was channelling the vibe from this tweet

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

FMguru posted:

img-endmonton-the-video-game.gif

I have it saved to my dropbox because apparently the original artist had it removed from the internet and it's kinda difficult to google for now

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

my parents bought my brother and I an NES in the early 90s while we were on vacation. I still remember opening the box in the hotel room and having to wait until we got home to actually play it. they wouldn't let us hook it up to the hotel room TV lol. they also refused to buy any games because they were too expensive so we just had mario/duck hunt and would rent games on weekends. our cousins from out of town had a poo poo ton of games and accessories (like the power pad) so we got to play lots the few times a year we'd visit.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

what about when you would rent a game and you couldn't finish it during the rental period so you'd return it and then try renting it again the next weekend and hope that 1) somebody else didn't rent it out before you and 2) your save was still on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

ziasquinn posted:

only realized yesterday i entered high school 2 decades ago, dying