Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

will you just look at all these whiny little children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

i think i realized a few days back that i have keyboards that are older than some yosposters

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i have t-shirts older than yosposters

oh man i still have some t-shirts i had when i was in high school soooo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

look at all these jealous losers mad they don't have my pixies tshirt

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

I may be old but i'm not suspenders old

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

Jonny 290 posted:

I have tactical suspenders for my motorcycle cold weather pants tho

well yeah suspenders for like heavy pants like that are ok, that's like ... occupational or something and is Fine.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

graph posted:

bucky 40blinks changed my loving life

I got one of these and my wife said "It looks like a bra for your eyes" and I just can't get over that

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

please, we call them face bosoms

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

DiggityDoink posted:

on the website it even says it's like a bra for you're eyes

lifts & separates

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

needing a eye bra when I work out to stop my eyes from bouncing around painfully

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

confronting my own mortality today as I bump up the default font size in my editor to 14

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

Cold on a Cob posted:

pro-tip: don't get old

beats the alternative

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

one day i woke up in blinding pain and couldn't move my left shoulder. When I went to the doctor the fuckshit told me i had "Parsonage Turner Syndrome" and would likely never be able to move my arm again.

Got a second opinion and the guys like "probably a slipped disc, lets get an mri" and it was a pretty bad slipped disc and they were like "we should do surgery, we'll have to go in through the front of your throat"

Got a third opinion and the dude was like "just chill for a while and see if it gets better."

It eventually got better.

When I asked the doctor what might have caused it he said "how many pillows do you sleep on?" and i said "two?" and he said "maybe just one from here on out."

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

a repo mans life is always intense

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

Cold on a Cob posted:

though it's neat af that they do fake surgeries on people to do double-blind studies of surgical procedures

do abx testing where one person gets the regular surgery, one gets no surgery and one gets a random organ removed.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

part of the thing about having kids is that you have to be a better person, if only for their sake. If that's the only reason you have, well that sucks pretty bad, but its still enough of a reason.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

your children will also face the inevitable decay of their bodies and their ultimate demise

every story ends the same way

I mean unless you drink that bulletproof coffee stuff

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

the butter makes you oily so that when Death tries to grab you it's like "squippp!" and you run away laughing

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

Life can suck regardless of wealth, some of the most miserable people i knew were immensely wealthy. Suffering is basically invariant across a wide cross-section of humans.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

so a while back I was doing a thing for the USMC and I had to become a SME on Marine marksmanship so I spent some time on-base doing my thing.

Most of the enlisted men were too busy cleaning latrines or whatever enlisted men do all drat day so I ended up having dinner with one of the captains in charge of some ... idk, whatever, it was a long time ago.

AAAAnnnnyway he was pretty interesting and apparently one of those weird overachievers like the Miss America winners who are also Biochemistry PhD candidates at Stanford or whatever and was like 25 or something and already a Captain somehow and very earnest about everything.

At some point he mentioned he got an interesting section of recruits from very wealthy families who thought the Marines would be a great step into management and the World Of Business because of some Harvard Business School thing from decades ago.

I kind of made a joke about how it must be hard to get them to do all that basic training poo poo and he got thoughtful for a minute and said "if there's one thing this job has taught me it's that the hardest thing you've ever done is the hardest thing you've ever done, whether that's mowing a lawn or burying your mother" and that's really stuck with me for a long time.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

other takeaways: if you're gonna take a marksmanship test, do it really tired, like stay up til 3am the night before

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

prefect posted:

so that you're more tired and less high-strung/stressed?

yeah that was the advice i got and it seemed to work so

Schadenboner posted:

You shot JFK, didn't you?

oh like i'd just blurt it out and tell you :rolleyes:

Cold on a Cob posted:

or smoke a small weed beforehand don't actually do this even though it would help a bit lol

Normally id say yeah but maybe don't get baked and shoot guns on a range with hundreds of other people

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

Cold on a Cob posted:

i swear i read somewhere that some biathlon competitor got their medal taken away because they competed under the influence of thc but i can't find it now

yeah but those guys just shootin tiny mousefart .22s

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah, true

hm

poo poo someone call the ioc i think we've just stumbled on a way to get viewership up on the witner olympics

"Klas Lestander from Sweden became the world's first Olympic champion in Biathlon at the 1960 Olympics. Biathletes at that time used high-power centerfire rifles, normally in caliber 7.62 mm.
Soldiers in the U.S. Army 5th Infantry Regiment during a fullbore biathlon competition in Alaska December 2014.

From 1958 to 1965, only highpower centerfire cartridges (such as the .30-06 and 7.62 NATO) were used in international biathlon competitions."

now THIS is what i'm talkin about

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

you sound trite

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

I have always understood it to mean that it was this guys experience - and he had a lot more of it than most people do - that human suffering is a constant value regardless of class or circumstance

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

Uptime Sinclair posted:

a second angle, he can also seem to be suggesting that a person’s hardest experience is only as difficult as they’ve had opportunity to experience, and that most can push past whatever their boundary of suffering is and finish basic training. the preparation from past suffering seems equal regardless of scope (ie he has not seen a difference in success rate between sheltered and hardened trainees). otherwise, his job experience wouldn’t have much direct relevance, or why he said it at all

exactly. no one fails out of boot camp because they're weak or privileged or hosed up or whatever, they fail because they refuse to change and get better (for whatever hosed up concept of 'better' the usmc had)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

fart simpson posted:

im glad russel brands cock and ball torture saved your life, op

attn: jawnv6

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

this thread has taught me that I am very well-preserved for my age.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

indestructible

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

so far my only major ailment is dry eye syndrome, mostly from reading all ya'lls loving thirsty-rear end posts

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

Schadenboner posted:

Olds should remember to get an flu shotte.

> le me, le herpin & derpin on my way to get le flu shotte

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

it is gods will

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

too soon?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

every time i wake up my eye hurts like i rubbed my eyeball on the pillowcase

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

just grab on and yank em out imo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

you know what'd be cool? if it didn't

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

Agile Vector posted:

the panasonic er-gn30-k

what am i, made of money?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

wow that'd be a real bummer of a tombstone

"RIP Prefect, Died of pulling out his nose hairs, lmao"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

i kinda wanna google it but i kinda don't wanna make my search history all weird