Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.

Pillbug

iirc melatonin is/was one of the weird supplements where some people are like "0.25mg knocks me out cold" and some people take 80mg with no ill effects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

fart simpson posted:

you weigh 1000 kg?

1 Mg

that always drove me crazy in star trek: "that anomaly is 400,000 kilometers away and closing on our position!"

i feel like that would be exactly the time to say "400 megameters" like you might expect from a future society that has become more accustomed to astronomical measurement scales

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

rotor posted:

knees never heal right. if i was going to come up with a counterexample for the idea of "intelligent design" it would be the human knee.

If i was the engineer who designed that joint, i would be fired.

shoulders are also Really Bad Design

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

i like apple podcasts app as a distribution mechanism for a daily news show that i was previously getting through other means, its super convenient

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

i use doordash for delivery of local indian food every several weeks or so, it isnt cheap but the food is fantastic and is great as leftovers for a few days

i called the place directly to ask whether there was another way for delivery from them which gave them more of a cut, they said "nope, just doorhub/grubdash/whatever, we're happy with those", so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

qirex posted:

you were probably talking to a grubhub employee
hah, i did save the phone number on the actual restaurant, in person, when driving by to somewhere else

and something liek that occurred to me in the tech buble thread:

Lysidas posted:

ive taken to using google street view to look at the phone number posted on the restaurant building, to make absolutely sure i am actually calling the restaurant and not a grubdash front

i bet google could make some money letting people bid to replace phone numbers in street view images, using AI to match perspetcive and font

i bet doorhub would love the ability to replace phone numbers like that

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

Aww! Woman Stills Believes She’ll Learn How to Skateboard Before She Dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

i went for a run yesterday for the first time in a wihle and i was pleasantly surprised by how much i was able to push myself

i did not remember that i could be sore in so many places