Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

I have a couple evoluent mice and they're fine, particularly combined with a kinesis. I haven't really found the need to go full trackball

I got a couple nice humanscale keyboard trays a few weeks back and now my wrists arent popping anymore, its great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

Ah yes, the amazon prime directive

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

gout can :frogout:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

I mean actual gout, I gout no beef with forums poster I HAVE GOUT

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

syntaxrigger posted:

why not? I mean I know it isn't easy and I probably wouldn't get it right on the first try but I'm pretty sure I'd eventually get it right.

narrator voice: they didnít

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

lotta kink shaming going on itt

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i am tired and old, i thought you said it wouldnít be tragic somehow, good thing i asked a followup instead of getting all lovely

no butt stuff

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

You Am I posted:

big tip here: sleep with your eyes closed

I'll add another:

* Grand Designs UK

thereís now an NZ one thatís good also

the Australia one is weirdly bad/boring, if I wanted to see lots of boomers building mcmansions Iíd look out my window

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

You Am I posted:

The NZ one is alright, but their accents leave me in stitches

I don't think I have seen any of the Aussie one as it is Pay TV only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbazGVrbN-g

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

did a lot of cookie baking this weekend and now my upper back hurts

thanks lovely programmer posture

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

well poo poo maybe it's time to get a license

iirc they don't test for morse code any more, is that right?

correct

hamstudy.org

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

the butt donít count

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

weíve still got a local video rental place here, gave husband an annual membership with infinite rentals for his bday and we stop by there once a week or so to pick up a couple things to watch

they carry a bunch of documentaries and art house stuff and the people at the counter consistently have really good recommendations based on what youíre renting. iirc the last thing we got from there was a bunch of Roy Andersson movies

itís pretty much hyper targeted towards people who are sick of the shovelware bullshit on Netflix. additionally Netflix is basically first-party-only here unless youíre on a VPN due to content licensing

itís better than blockbuster ever was. turns out hipsters are good for something after all

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

but there arenít 20 months in the year!!

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i woke up with a really bad crick in my neck 36 hours ago and its slowly getting better but still hurts if i turn my head left more than 60deg or so

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

oh and by the way

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i use a self hosted copy of miniflux for all my feed reading needs

on ios i use reeder, with the fever api for talking to miniflux

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

ttrss is a bell and whistle factory, which is all fine if its your consumption point but it assumes you want to cj at home with at best acerbic support from the creator. that this is a single binary and not several packages with php and apache is icing on the trim cake

fwiw miniflux does want an instance of postgres available for persistent storage but once that's set up you're good to go

also backups are done by just backing up the postgres db directly

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

gout

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

imperial units are formally defined against, and therefore dependent upon, metric units

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

nothing satisfies like a regular morning poop

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

what is that from anyway

e: also lol

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i thought san andreas had different white children in peril?

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

I IRL totally forgot about a final exam for one of my classes until after finals period was half over. I think I had assumed it didn't have one, only to remember that it actually did?

but luckily it was scheduled late in the period, after I had remembered its existence, so I didn't end up missing it

I had dreams about that incident for like a decade

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

my stepdads beer posted:

money well spent. the post move beers felt like I hadn't earned them though lol

well yeah, they were your stepdads

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

rotor posted:

YOSPOS: The Beta Quadrant

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

my legs would cramp up real bad after a day of hard work but they don't seem to be as bad about it anymore :toot:

like after a few hours of chainsawing ill be resting a bit and feeling fine, and then try to stand up and get horrible cramps in both legs. nowadays i get a twinge as i'm standing up, as though a cramp is about to start, but then its fine

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i wouldn't think so just on account of the cramps only ever occurring after hard work, but maybe

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i just have debit cards now since in nz everyone wants eftpos anyway and the credit cards all kinda suck

:rip: my old 2% cashback card with 0% intl fees

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

actually i have a farmlands card and thats technically credit :smuggo:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

to be fair to echipenis he's living in nz's take on wichita kansas so there's probably a fair bit of ambient exposure to that poo poo even without any association with it

meanwhile in old person news if i have as much as a glass of wine i consistently end up waking up at like 2am then stay awake for two hours or so

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

havin' a chortle at someone thinking 40 years old is an old house

it's before nz had discovered insulation, meanwhile moisture barriers are a new and innovative technology so even new builds often have problems with mold

a mid-2000s city library with the character of beige corporate offices is designated a "heritage building"

of course it's closed now since its also at risk of collapsing in an earthquake

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i just realized that i have fancy sharpening tools/whetstones for garden tools whereas for kitchen knives i just have a couple of those training wheel things

one from ikea even

they work fine afaict

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i'm still on the same botw game that i started like 3-4 years ago and have played on and off since then. the game is very geriatric-compatible as you can just hop in for a few minutes at a time. as a result its the most ive played any video game since tf2 came out

i've got all the outfits and most of them are fully upgraded, finished all the temples, maxed out all the weapon slots, but i still like just wandering around for a few minutes at a time because i still keep finding things theyd hidden around the world and its a good way to relax. i even did most of the long side missions like building the house and starting the town, though i cheated and read a guide for those

i might finally just start a new game tho

fwiw i found the game pretty difficult to get into at first since i kept dyin - the game starts out hard and then gets way easier as you pick up outfits and weapons and hearts/stamina, at some point the curve goes pretty flat and most of the enjoyment is just from discovering the sheer amount of things they hid in the game

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i bought buck bumble because i liked the title song

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

graph posted:

i've had kfc once and it felt like i was eating a salt lick

i felt like i'd eaten a block of lard and that probably wasn't inaccurate

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

President Beep posted:

itís actually australiaís canada

its a little different since citizens of either country can just go reside/work in the other country without any visa paperwork or anything. feels like there's a bit more cultural overlap as a result

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

imo some low key midwestern city with a large enough university is probably Fine

except the weather sucks and it may be harder to develop a social circle without lots of people moving in/out

so yeah maybe albuquerque

oh santa fe is supposed to be good too i've heard?

ooh what about amherst or ithaca, idk much about them beyond being fairly dominated by universities

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

being in la honda was a real eye opener on californians building their identities on nimby bullshit

everyone was mad mad mad that there was going to be a parking lot so that people could actually start visiting/hiking around la honda OSP, because "what kinds of people is that going to bring in???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

mediaphage posted:

pretty common

americans can also stay in canada for six months of every twelve with no paperwork necessary

does that allow work or is it just a visitor/tourist visa