Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Don't stretch, I've been there, that doesn't do poo poo, you need to strengthen your core muscles because you're a loving nerd and you spend 16 hours a day in a chair and your muscles that are supposed to hold your lower back together have atrophied.

Stretching is a temporary fix if even that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

just get dentures I’m just rotor knows a place where you’d get a good deal on a pair

It's crazy how old that guy is.

Apr 7, 2003

I feel like I'm incapable of understanding chronologies anymore, like I can't place things in time properly now.

Wonder if that's a sign of dementia or just a normal part of aging.

Apr 7, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

could also be hellworld induced, like my poo poo has been all hosed up since march

We don't know non-hellworld chronology

Apr 7, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

So I'm staring down 40 in a little over a month. I'm at best a moderately-technical third-string sysadmin, I'm not going to make management. I wonder if I'd be better off putting effort into "gitting gud" (as the kids say these days) at something like technical writing: I've always wanted to be better at that sort of thing?

:shrug:

Sorry, the rest of your life is ruined. r ip

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

I actually remember 1980

brutal

Apr 7, 2003

The time between Pearl Harbor and 1980 is only ~2.3x the time between now and when I registered this account.

Apr 7, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

i am not quite 40 but my neck hurts every day when i wake up for like an hour

I turned 40 this year and I feel great. Now that cycling is hard to do I’m just doing some core muscle exercises every other day to keep my back in shape. Some planking, dead bugs, butterfly sit-ups, etc.

Gotta get on the stationary bike to keep my cardio up.

Apr 7, 2003

rotor posted:

my dad was shot twice in vietnam and said that passing kidney stones was worse.

Weird that your dad was somehow younger than you

Apr 7, 2003

The Management posted:

being an old dad is kicking my rear end. my shoulder has been in constant pain for months from carrying a baby. so I tried to do a lot more on my other hand. now both of my shoulders are in constant pain.

however that dad gut is coming in nicely and much faster than I expected

I feel great and I’m in the best shape of my life at 40.

Apr 7, 2003

Honestly everything shutting the gently caress down this year is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Apr 7, 2003

I’m ditt land

Apr 7, 2003

mediaphage posted:

when i went to the pre-pandemic mall occasionally i would stop by arbys and get basically a pile of roast beef just to eat, it's enjoyable for fast food

https://www.theonion.com/arbys-now-charging-2-99-to-let-customers-go-behind-cou-1819573207

Apr 7, 2003

More like Hot n’ No

Apr 7, 2003

Deep Taco Bell lore

Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

i’ll start the wiki

Someone beat you to it

https://tacobell.fandom.com/wiki/Taco_Bell_Wiki

Apr 7, 2003

They took the potato tacos and burritos off their menu and I will never forgive them for that.

Apr 7, 2003

Repetitive sex injury

Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i would if they wouldn't have denied my BP med refill and necessitated me going to a gen prac to get re-prescribed, where they're just going to yell at me about being fat and get paid hundreds of dollars to do so and also scribble on a sheet of paper

My fat doctor used to yell at me when I was fat. Not very egalitarian of him.

Apr 7, 2003

Canada is so hosed up

Apr 7, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Myself is hurting me.

you're posts are hurting me

Apr 7, 2003

The daddest joke imaginable

Apr 7, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

it's more his abusive behavior and that he ran a painting mill and slapping his signature on ghost artists work. at least warhol had a statement for the factory and made it performance and paid the artists well as part of the collaboration

as far as commercialized art it's inoffensive. to teach him as a significant american artist of the 20th century he might as well have told us that mr coca-cola had a deft eye for the urbane

ah im right there with you, I dont particularly care about kinkade in the end but it struck me as, idk, outsider teaching?

Warhol was from Pittsburgh

Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

im permabanned poster dimensionstomper58. i first started astrally projecting when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “dreams” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “crystal balls” and “i love making GBS threads inside of alternate planes” in my head for hours, and i would get into a state where i couldn't move after waking up, basically sleep paralysis. im now off ambien. i always wondered what the kind of “transdimensional” style of lucid dreaming was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of narcolepsy and cough syrup addiction. i would advise all people who “get” astral projection to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Lol you beat me to it

Apr 7, 2003

I went to bed at 3 AM on Monday night / Tuesday morning and ended up going to bed at 11:00 PM last night. Woke up at 5:30 AM today!

Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

being 40 is loving stupid imo.

I feel pretty good at 40
suck it, broken body havers

Apr 7, 2003

your face is relative, grandpa

Apr 7, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

I love it when tori figures out basic how to be an adult poo poo and runs around telling everybody like they don't know. shaving, exercise, eating like an adult. next he's gonna read a novel or something and have his mind blown

Jealousy is unbecoming.

Apr 7, 2003

I watched the first episode of Archer recently and it was dumb as hell.

Apr 7, 2003

love my internet nursing home

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

I got a home blood pressure thing on the advice of my doctor and my first 3 readings have a 40 point range. I suspect I'm doing it wrong

Reposting to annoy high BP posters

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Not bad after drinking a whole pot of coffee.

Apr 7, 2003

white coat anxiety

Apr 7, 2003

Perplx posted:

once your weigh more than 3 normal people its pretty messed up, like you got to eat a bucket of chicken everyday just to maintain that

It's hard work but I'm up to the task.

Apr 7, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

you don't really, all those "estimate your caloric requirement" things kinda go off the deep end at very high weights and fat-to-everything-else ratios. obv you'd still have to eat a pretty good amount, but not the absolute gluttony it seems like. just, like, regular American gluttony

Watch My 600 Lb Life, one of the constants of that show is that no matter how much people say they're eating normal amounts, they are eating non-stop (usually with the help of enablers). The opening suggestion for people on that show is always to throw out the cookies and just sit in place and move their arms and legs for set intervals and they lose 30-50 lbs just doing that.

It can't be stressed enough that there is almost always an enabler.

Apr 7, 2003

prefect posted:

i could swear it used to be an easy thing to sit cross-legged

Try laying down on your back and rising to a standing position without using your hands.

Apr 7, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

i just did this, it’s easy

A lot of people can't

Apr 7, 2003

When did I say that?

Apr 7, 2003

Quincy Jones did a thing about how the Beatles were horrible musicians who lacked the most basic education in music history that Jones considered necessary to be any good at their jobs, but I can't find it.

Apr 7, 2003

Gentle Autist posted:

the beatles are good

yeah, good at lovely music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Mr. Show was where it was at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gdAJefPME4