Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Hyper extended my knee a bit at krav maga yesterday and it's annoying me. Knees are so insanely fragile it's gruesome even practicing kicking them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

See also terrifyingly fragile eyes and testicles, fighting is super gross but hitting bags is fun

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

qirex posted:

as long as you never forget that you're not actually learning to fight [krav maga dudes seem particularly bad about this] martial arts can be a fun and rewarding form of exercise, recovery time sucks as you age though

Probably because that's what it bills itself as: pracitcal martial arts for ~street fighting~ (and to be fair, it does have a pretty rad nazi fighting pedigree). So groin strikes, throat strikes, all fair game

But we don't spar or anything, so yeah I doubt I'd have the wearwithall to use any of it in an actual fight.

I've boxed for exercise for the last 5 years or so and have never once tried sparing, I'd like to though, just to get a glimpse of what a real fight is.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Lysidas posted:

iirc melatonin is/was one of the weird supplements where some people are like "0.25mg knocks me out cold" and some people take 80mg with no ill effects

I still have a bottle from like 2014 that I use sometimes to help me sleep. I break the pills in half because a whole one gives me some insane loving dreams.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Shaggar posted:

sounds like a good night

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Volmarias posted:

:ohno:

My childe:

"So what was it like before phones?"

:negative:

wonderful

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I turned 39 yesterday. One year left until the big four oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Video Nasty posted:

I lifted weights too hard last week and pinched a nerve in my shoulder that makes my right arm numb (pins & needles) for a few minutes at a time.

Ugh that’s the worst. My right bicep still hurts sometimes from doing a switch grip deadlift incorrectly like a year and a half ago