Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Uptime Sinclair posted:

dear lord is nowhere safe from shoechatte
Switching to dress shoes with heels helped my plantar fasciitis pretty quickly after like 6 months of trying various inserts and supports. I also look a lot better.

Probably not just any dress shoe would work though. They would need to be at least Allen Edmonds caliber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

now my brain is thrashing around trying to figure out if those are different mints. what's the difference between spearmint and peppermint? doublemint gum has made everything alien and otherworldly

...and the song for big red gum will not stop going through my brain now :psyduck:

i bet this is what a computer feels like in an old episode of star trek when they ask it "what is love?" and sparks shoot out of it

Peppermint has more menthol and is therefore better than spearmint.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

graph posted:

vanilla ice cream is the only ice cream

or, enhanced vanilla, aka superman

Tillamook Vanilla Bean

echinopsis posted:

it was all sold out :cry:

Buy sunflower oil and red pepper flakes. Heat up sunflower oil to just below smoking. Dump in red pepper flakes and remove from heat. Before it’s gotten to a safe temperature to eat, give it a taste and burn the hell out of your tongue. Now your chili oil will taste the same as your favorite chili oil.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

echinopsis posted:

yeah the msg was obvious but the real trick is something staying crunchy after living in oil, and it's not just shards of aluminum or something

Probably bean remnants.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

axolotl farmer posted:

do NOT move to Columbus, OH

My family lives in Columbus so that’s always an option but I also can’t express in words how much I do not want to move to Columbus.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

shoeberto posted:

Moving back to Ohio feels like admitting you've failed. Which is not fair. There's some cool poo poo in Ohio! But there's also a lot of Ohio in Ohio. I'm not sure I can handle Applebees, The State as a permanent residence anymore.

That’s what I’ve always thought but then I started doing the math and I could retire if I didn’t have to pay for health insurance.

On one hand I could move to Ohio and spend the weekends spoiling my nieces and nephews. On the other I could stay in Seattle and spend the weekend chasing orcas around the Sound.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

ultravoices posted:

how many single family homes can one six figgie gently caress own

I accumulated 10 years of big tech money before I felt comfortable buying my house.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I’d be pretty excited to get a pile of scratch off tickets for Christmas. Better than getting something off my list that I actually wanted to buy in November but put on my list so people could have presents to give.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Yesterday I got the flu shot. This morning my plantar fasciitis flared up for the first time in 4 years.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Binary Badger posted:

Nope had it X-rayed and everything. Good thing my GP recommended that I see a sports injury doctor rather than some humdrum podiatrist. He mentioned I had some bone spurs but they were totally inconsequential, especially in regards to the plantar.

What also helped was getting orthopedic sneakers, ones designed especially for my foot, along with some more expensive New Balances with custom inserts.

Still want to get a scooter just cause it seems people are bringing them onto the subway, buses, commuter trains, etc. I want to inconvenience surrounding passengers too with dirty wheels in their faces.

What finally worked for me was switching to shoes with a bit of a heel. Now I’m mostly back to wearing whatever but if I go a month or so only wearing sneakers / nothing, I start feeling it again.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

he’s still posting, just not in yospos

Got the cancer.

Edit: Oh if that’s not really him I’m gonna feel like poo poo for that one.

tk fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 6, 2022

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

everybody in here is a millionaire bodybuilder anyways, yall dont need the help.

Have you seen the stock market? There's got to be at least a few temporarily embarrassed millionaires around.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

echinopsis posted:

he just had a cardiac arrest and passed away 😓

honestly the support and warmth everyone here has shown has been incredible and really, I appreciate it from bottom of my heart. love to you all

So sorry.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

cowboy beepboop posted:

👀perfect vision crew👀 checking in while it lasts lol

I’m approaching 40 and just got my first prescription. As soon as I started trying on glasses mrs tk was like “oh you look good in glasses” and she’s right so not the end of the world.

Oh and I can get insurance sunglasses now.

Edit: Being able to see better is nice I guess.

tk fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 21, 2022

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

knox_harrington posted:

Now I am old I get an increasing number of tests when I go to the doctor. This time they wanted an ECG, the nurse freaked out and ran over to the doctor after taking it which was great to see. (I am fine it's just a normal variant in heart rhythm)

Oh I got an ECG once and they had to do it like 6 times. I was freaked out that they were confirming something weird but they were just trying real hard to get it done without shaving my chest hair.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

counterpoint fiber is good for you in many ways including making your dumps less traumatic

eat a veg dudes

Asparagus is one of my favorites.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Achmed Jones posted:

im getting an outlet installed next to the toilet today

some day soon i will never have to endure a cold seat at home again

Hell yeah.

Nothing worse than being on vacation and sitting on a room temperature toilet seat. The indignity.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

polyester concept posted:

i used to just do whatever I thought looked ok when trimming my beard and usually ended up over trimming because really i had no idea what I was doing. finally watched this video and it helped a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydfyM48MtsY

Same

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

This poo poo stinks. Just get some jojoba oil.

tk fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 8, 2023

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

President Beep posted:

bowled six games this evening. haven’t thrown a fingertip ball in over 20 years and holy gently caress am i rusty. thumb keeps jamming in the thumb hole at release which is super annoying and also definitely hosed up technique on my part

I only did 3 games last time I went, and my arm hurt for a week afterwards.

The 16 was apparently a little ambitious.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

git apologist posted:

i’m 42 and still unable to grow a beard. plz respond

Let your hair grow out for a couple weeks then go to a beard guy and be like “Give it to me straight, what’s the best I can possibly do here?” then go home and cry at the results.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm 44 (I thought I was 43 until someone corrected me a few weeks ago)

I don’t really know exactly how old I am. I just round up to the nearest 5 to avoid this type of disappointment.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

i remember really liking this movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF49fS65mPc

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

echinopsis posted:

honestly not sure how people manage to have a moustache like that
You kind of have to give up soups.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I recently got a Sleep8 Pod and if you are a cold sleeper you need one of these things.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

bssoil posted:

I guess I get the internet of things idea but uhh why does your mattress need an app and network connection?

I think because it’s cheaper to make an app than a remote.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

mystes posted:

I think sampling the wares is frowned upon

But it’s not like against the rules or anything.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

axolotl farmer posted:

my back is killing me again. I didn't do anything, but maybe that's the real problem :(

I recently got an exercise ball on the advice of a masseur. Spend less than a minute a day laying over that thing and my back feels fantastic.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Achmed Jones posted:

wtf i expect better from you

I did mine Thursday evening and I made it pretty much to end of work Friday before starting to feel it. Do not recommend.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Decided to book an appointment for a COVID-19 shot because the walk-in queue for people at risk looks like this:

First available slot was on 26.11.. Hope I don't get the 'viddy before that.

I'm the old woman in full bike helmet, ready to ride at a moment's notice.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
What an odd snes collection.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Only the good stay young.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I’ve been napping all over the house recently while taking care of the twins. Something like 80% of my neck muscles are entirely locked up.

Have pretty decent front-left movement and a little tilting back. But if something flew over my right shoulder I’d probably end up on the ground.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I’m staying away from the clippers. Believe the next clip will be my last.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They're not that bad. Heck, they're fourth in the NBA Western Conference at the moment.

I do have a soft spot for Ballmer.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Shout out to Dublin Ohio for bringing Floggy Molly to the Irish Festival without knowing what they were getting in to.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

I am forty. I have wrinkles and grey hair. I should carry I walking stick because I have trouble getting up and down hills. I just had twins and bought an 80 pound puppy. I just want to leave work.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
For the rich people, take control of your sleep temperature: https://www.eightsleep.com.

I get in bed and it's slightly warm then quickly cools down and stays there throughout the night. Bed is always a constant temperature and the other side of the pillow is always cold.

When it's time to wake up my bed gets nice and toasty and vibrates to get me up.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
There is also https://sleep.me which seems pretty similar and is cheaper but I haven't used it so I can't vouch.

The Sleep8 is a solid device with Bose level marketing+costs on top of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

graph posted:

subscription bed lol

Oh, you probably want to provide your own bed their mattresses are junk.

Subscription mattress topper.