Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Your body is trying to tell you something.

it’s not your knees that are bad, but your posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Agile Vector posted:

yospos share your old people things you found out actually work. ill also add my knee pillow for sleep that helps relieve the ache in my left knee ive had every morning for years

myofascial release / trigger point therapy actually works.
this is like a manual for your muscle and flexibility issues:

https://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Point-Therapy-Workbook-Self-Treatment/dp/1572243759

there’s an updated edition of this book but I swear if you look up your knee pain and do the treatment which is probably ironing out a particular spot on your quad or the muscle right underneath that pain will go away

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

literally 2 minutes to launch from first sip, yep.

but enough about Skype for Business

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

ShadowHawk posted:

Speaking of posture, if you're a computer toucher it is highly likely yours is terrible

Stand at a wall (or whiteboard), mark your height. Then stand up straight and do it again. Then measure both.

I did this a year ago and found 1) standing up straight gave me half an inch of instant height, and 2) both heights were about an inch shorter than I remembered being.

One year later, with like 2 workouts a week including corrective exercises, my doctor measured me at the tallest height I've ever been (and I'm 35 years old). That's an inch and a half taller than the lower measurement a year ago. People tell me I've "lost weight" but the actual number hasn't changed.

I’d be curious what aux exercises you ended up using

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

my neck ... my back ... my bad knee and my [CRACK] ah gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I guess MAYBE I should've been keeping an eye on my blood pressure, what with having lost almost 30 kg in half a year. I think I need to halve my dose of Candesartan.

congrats, that's awesome. Well, not the almost blacking out. but the 66 lbs.