Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

T1-99/4A, here. played so much alpiner

same except adventure and blasto and car wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

sorry it’s a punk peacoat now you have to use patches

real but mostly unhelpful answer: call a tailor, they’ll probably have a few different options for you

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my feet have been hurting for a few months. the past few days my knuckles have been hurting. now the largest joints in my toes are feeling the same way, and my left shoulder aches. today finger joints other than my largest knuckles in my hands started hurting.

it seems as if I have arthritis now, and it hurts when it gets cold. I do not recommend this.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

just for the record: I am pretty sure that it isn’t gout. but maybe im a lucky gouthaver. does the omega ratio thing work for normal arthritis too?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the symptoms don’t match

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

quote:

Symptoms of gout include severe pain, redness, and swelling in joints, often the big toe

no redness, no swelling, not my big toe. there’s pain. which is also a symptom of regular arthritis, which is much more common

wait, do you think that all joint pain is gout? lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

echinopsis posted:

the omega ratio thing is for inflammation in general, but the kind of painful inflammation from osteo arthritis seems to respond well, the pain part at least. which as far as actual quality of life goes may be worth looking at, as least as far as it’s relatively easy to address

cool, thanks! I’ll give it a shot.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

utterly gutless, wouldn't start worth poo poo in the cold, needed a prolonged "warm up" to run properly if you got it started in the cold, stank to high heavens

stop doxxing me or i will report you!!!!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you’d say “hello mr soccer player”

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh my god yes. I get about one restful sleep every three weeks

mostly it’s because of the boy and poodle jones but it’s rough

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

old person tv shows that rule:
* the great British bake off
* Frasier
* this old house
* Star Trek (original, tng, ds9)
* inspector Morse (and related, incl endeavour)
* antiques road show
* jeopardy
* everything on that Japanese channel that’s on public access where it’s like 10 minutes of world news followed by 30 minutes of a man sharpening knives followed by music over a video of cherry blossoms

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

President Beep posted:

inspector lewis belongs on that list too, imo.

e: i suppose you already covered that with “related” though. im just being a pendant a life alert pendant

yeah I was actually thinking of Lewis when I wrote Morse but I suck at memory (lol old); the non-endeavour Morse series is by far the weakest and Lewis is the best imo

insight like this is why I’m voting beep 2020

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

and occasionally heat stroke

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I never heard anybody mention “water intoxication” back in the day. there was a lot of pearl clutching about raves, but “you’ll get so high you od on water” is new on me. everything I heard was the exact opposite, ie dehydration, overheating, etc 🤷‍♀️

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

well poo poo maybe it's time to get a license

iirc they don't test for morse code any more, is that right?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I opened a big bottle of apple cider and now my hand hurts

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

piddle around a bit

get your prostate checked

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the explanation is fashion

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the Marxist professors in their tweed used classrooms to recruit for anti fashionist aktion

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my doctor scheduled a bunch of tests and stuff to see if I have arthritis or what. also wants me to do a sleep study for apnea cause I guess my palate, much like the rest of me, has a dumb shape

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im on an airplane and my feet hurt

on the other hand, im shitposting at 30k feet which is p good

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

if you need ecstasy and dick pills to bang your wife, get divorced.

just because you have a hammer doesn't mean everything's a nail

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

today I asked my parents for arthritis tips

they gave them to me, so i ordered a pile of glucosamine, some Australian dream (it is an arthritis cream, not weed :( ) and some blue emu (they have not tried this, but mentioned it as an alternative to Australian dream so I figured I'd be their guinea pig)

yeah motherfuckers I'm gonna stop hurting all the time!!!!!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

thanks echi! I don't really know my omega breakdowns but we eat salmon semi-regularly and don't cook with seed oils so it's probably fine. but I'll get some fish oil anyway cause I mean, why not?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fart simpson posted:

you wont it will just hurt slightly less

:mad:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i have been using Australian Dream and Blue Emu for arthritis. They seem to help quite a bit. maybe it's placebo but I hurt a lot less so idgaf

also I'm taking glucosamine but that apparently won't even start helping for months (also I frequently forget to take it in the morning) so 🤷‍♀️

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

also I still haven't got the blood test so I don't even actually know if it's arthritis lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

well the blood tests are to rule out other things more than they're _for_ arthritis

also gotta schedule a sleep test v_v

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

but enough about my posts

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I got shingles when I was like 22 or 23

it sucked. the significant pain only last a week or two though, and they gave me vicodin so it was fine

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fart simpson can have a little scratch

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

proctologists make you set appointments way far in advance so it's gonna be a while

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Butt-doctor, I am Goatse!

lmao

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

a phylactery in your Palm Pre
fixed

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my dog is really old. we went to a restaurant that was on a wharf yesterday and I had to carry him part of the way back to the car.

as I was loading him into the back seat he lunged all 65lbs of himself towards the car.

what I'm saying is a poodle threw out my back

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ornamental dingbat, when the motivational poster in the pharmacy waiting area said to seize the day I dont think that's what it meant

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Sweevo posted:

code:
[timg]https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/cd/89/00077570.0001.png[/timg]

:yosnice:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I use those forearm band things for just what jonny says and they're great

I also use snakeemu oil (Australian Dream) on my hands for arthritis and it works p well. it also works on my foot, which turned out to be a tendon thing, and the snake oil chipped the inflammation out enough that I'm not constantly re-injuring it which is nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's the 2020s mid-30s is old now