Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Raluek posted:

Aren’t those blocks desirable because they’re basically a reinforced normal Olds 350 block? Good for boost and all that, especially in the bad old days before aftermarket blocks were plentiful

Yeah they're quite suitable for all that poo poo, barring the fact that statistically they're more likely to have been parked under a pine tree outside a barn for 31 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Tried it, can't do it. i need my nest

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have five pillows, stack three of them up, lay on that, sleep on my side, put my left arm up and between two of them, and use the other two as knee/leg pillows

i'm basically going to explode in joint disorders in 10 years but i cant sleep any other way

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

that japanese channel sounds like it’s extremely my poo poo

NHK World. They broadcast it on a tv subcarrier here and i will turn that poo poo on and just let it mumble in the background for eighteen hours. when i get burned out i just focus on that and watch some 93 year old japanese guy pull noodles while a narrator goes "Wow! This tradition has been common in this prefecture for seventy years." i can get about 45 channels on OTA TV here and ninety percent of my tv channel time is spent on it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

when ecstasy and raves were a thing in 80/90s people were dying (maybe it was just one or two) from that water intoxication thing, so the knowledge because to drink powerade or whatever because it supplies electrolytes and you can just drink boatloads of it

i think

overdosing on opioids must be the best way to die

no, they weren't. they were dying from the meth and/or drain cleaner in the pills

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
boomer fucks loved propagating the 'water intoxication' trope because it was seen as a SEE HOW DANGEROUS THESE RAVES ARE? YOU LOSE YOUR MIND SO BADLY THAT YOU _KILL_ YOURSELF WITH _WATER_ but 99.9% of the rave deaths were due to crank and other adulterants in pills, because mdma was so heavily cracked down on that they resorted to cutting it to make money.

the problem was the war on drugs, the problem they wanted to propose was MDMA IS SATAN

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this thread is indistinguishable from ham radio

and i love it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

eschaton posted:

shouldn’t you also be getting some Werther’s Original candies?

like he doesnt have a crate already

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
GOUTSE.CX: i'm headin out to walgreens to buy some melatonin and some milk duds

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

why does is have to have the same name
as meat

back in the early days you had stuffed shirts trying to be professional and turn radio into a business

and then you had hobbyist experimenters who were a lot more personable and goofy. they were 'hamming it up'

now u know

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Captain Foo posted:

Get one from l l Bean

jesus christ shaggar is IK. we're doomed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

the matriarchy at work

ironic sexism is still sexism

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if you need ecstasy and dick pills to bang your wife, get divorced.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

also tim allen went to the same university i did and got busted for coke possession at the kalamazoo airport

then sang like a canary and narced on literally everybody he knew in the game

timothy dick is an aptly named individual

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

after what I've been through I'm probably going to just going to front for a lifetime of long term care insurance for myself and my sisters because poo poo is hosed

fortunately my situation is settled now but goddamn, anyone who thinks medicare is comprehensive doesn't know poo poo

i mean yeah, but i got 3 mags full of 15 insurance policies apiece right here in the cabinet

i'll be god damned if every penny i ever make gets shunted to some shitbag middleman corp named WellCare or something that marks up my diaper changes 1600%

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i also have no family or nobody that cares about me tho so its whatever. im sure its diff if you have an intact fam structure.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cold on a Cob posted:

hey laserlips! your momma was a snowblower!

an oversized screw that sucks up powder and shows you the front door?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

wuhan novel coronavirus is gonna decimate this thread lol

yep i crave death

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/01/24/colorado-hospitals-coronavirus-outbreak-china/

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

in 98 i was a junior in high school and working as a typesetter

this is a good book http://thinkingwithtype.com

cutting my teeth at a press was one of the best things that happened to me

i won awards for my review of sonic youth's Washing Machine during my HS journalism stint which i dearly loved, and i worked at a newspaper for a short while. i absolutely loved all of the engineering/production/backroom action and had very little to do with front end advertising poo poo which is probably why i have such fond memories of it all

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm not sure if this would help you or not, but i had a really bad RSI flareup last year and a coworker loaned me one of these; it helped so much that i bought my own

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

what is that

basically just kinda hits a pressure point on the top/outside of your forearm and it helps sooooo much if your hands/wrists/forearms are all sore and inflamed from too much typey computer mans

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Uptime Sinclair posted:

c kidney stone s: still waiting to pass but alpha blockers work nicely in the meantime

it's true, i can't get through

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol that was dank. good yuks.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
drink more water

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

If your dick stops working go see your doctor, you probably have a heart problem.

cutting sodium intake and adding 2-4 glasses of water and a 20 min walk arorund the block daily cures 90% of these cases. the average american is an overbaked potato on the couch 2 steps from death

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
when i stopped drinking a liter of mountain dew a day and switched to lacroix fizzy water i almost instantly became FULLY FUNCTIONAL again. Take care of yourself and your dick will work correctly

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

3D Megadoodoo posted:

How does one drink a litre of soda a day :stonk:
*inhales a crate of milk*

see this?

i used to drink one at midnight when i got off work and a second one at about 3:30 AM.

I almost _died_ and I certainly have persisting cardio problems because of that habit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I've not drank non-sugar free cola for a long-rear end time, and lately I just have a water bottle I carry around with me that I fill up.

i bought two regular cans of coke last week for whiskey mixers and just finished the second can, ten days later. absolute loving syrup

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Progressive JPEG posted:

imperial units are formally defined against, and therefore dependent upon, metric units

explain the "foot" then

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

yeah i know, im in my 30s

haha more like grandpa simpson am i rite?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
More common than you'd think. that happens to me pretty frequently when i do a beard trim. those little 2mm chunks of beard hair are actually stiff and sharp enough to get between skin cells. poo poo's weeeeird

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

i had a cow orker who would get crazy migranes

like all of a sudden with no warning she'd just go completely blind and we'd have to take her to the back room and let her lie down and take medicine

one of our principal engineers is absolutely constantly destroyed with migraines. he's taken three months off before just to lie in a cold dark room and cry through it. really good dude and one of the smartest people i've ever met. he's thinking about retiring at the end of the year and he's in his early 40s. just can't work any more.

moved back to the netherlands in february because even with our best in class insurance he couldn't get the treatments and medications he needed to control it in the states. talk about timing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i should start doing that. on my 40th birthday i resolved that if i wasn't happy and established and basically had a reason to live in ten years that i'd punch my own ticket on my 50th. I should at least keep track of what i get done between now and then and maybe it'll change my mind if i'm on the fence?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah for sure, i feel it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
eh. we'll have to see. right now i'm just punching the time clock each day. i hope things start to look up next year when i can have a place to live where im not constantly terrified of eviction

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FMguru posted:

me too

but not as much as im going to miss it in a few months when it is cold and rainy and the sun goes down at 430pm

christ this winter is going to suck

yeah super looking forward to seeing how dual speccing corona ptsd + seasonal depression increases my doom stat

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ngl as soon as you mentioned how late the sun stayed up this summer it started bugging the poo poo out of me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

i have big bay windows 18 feet in the air

kind of impossible

just text threefive and have him come over and hang them?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I've reached the "stretch and limber up before taking a dump" stage of my life.

i have to do some stretches every time i ride my big motorcycle or my left hip will do this occasional thing where it feels like it's gonna pop out of the socket and i get this incredible pain and when you're trying to pilot a motorcycle in heavy traffic with your left leg sticking straight out things get real sketchy real fast