Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I've already been claimed by the Bitch Barn so it's a no-go anyway
You can give him a ride to the jerk store in your pocket on the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I ride many hundreds of miles every month during the warm season here and have never had any stress injuries or anything like plantar fasciitis. Love my very well-functioning body.
Biking is very low impact. That's good because you're probably less likely to get overuse injuries than something like running but it's also potentially bad for things like bone density if it's your only form of exercise.

mystes
May 31, 2006

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

94° and 80% humidity here, perfect running weather
I'm not sure you can run from global warming

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

Someone should update this probably

mystes
May 31, 2006

Photochromic lenses are actually really nice if you're outdoors in variable lighting conditions, to the point where they're kind of more convenient than not wearing glasses because you don't even have to think about sunglasses. Just buy them from zenni and replace them in a year or two if they wear out; it's still much cheaper than buying any glasses from glasses stores

This isn't 30 years ago when you would pay $500 dollars for glasses and have to make them last for years because they were so expensive

If you are always either inside or driving don't get them though

mystes fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 21, 2022

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think the main reason that photochromic lenses sometimes look like poo poo is just that people buy glasses that don't also look good as sunglasses. If you're trying to buy sunglasses off of zeni you're going to have that problem anyway. (Consider just buying them as normal sunglasses first since it's cheaper and it's good to have normal sunglasses anyway)

This is much less of a problem with thicker plastic frames that most people are wearing now than it was with whatever godawful glasses people were wearing 20 years ago like frameless poo poo though.

mystes fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 21, 2022

mystes
May 31, 2006

FMguru posted:

i thought the issue with transition lenses is that the light->dark->light photoreactive mechanism wears out pretty quicky, leaving the glasses more or less permanently trapped in an murky half-dark intermediate state after just a few months
Maybe they used to be worse. In my experience (and this is just with cheap non name brand photochromic lenses) it's more like after a year or two, if you compare them with normal glasses, there will be a barely perceptible yellow tint that nobody will be able to see when you're wearing them.

I assume it gets worse eventually after that but I tend to beat the poo poo out of my glasses so I generally replace them after every year or two.

That said, depending on the light you do also end up with lighter tints which I guess is kind of dorky looking if you wouldn't wear glasses with lighter tints otherwise, but on the other hand it's also kind of an advantage in certain lighting conditions.

mystes
May 31, 2006

To be clear, I had transition lenses from LensCrafters or wherever 20 years ago and I absolutely regretted it at the time too. They completely sucked when you were buying one pair of expensive glasses (plus a ton extra for the transition lenses) that would be the only pair you owned for like 5 years which is longer than they actually last and you would be wearing them in place of any other sunglasses. Of course you would have buyer's remorse.

It's just totally different when you're buying them online for cheap and you have a multiple pairs of glasses including normal prescription sunglasses. Honestly the whole way you approach glasses is different when you can get them for cheap online and reorder them whenever you want.

Edit: I also need to try to 3d print an adapter so I can use the lens insert from zenni goggles in ski goggles this winter

mystes fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 21, 2022

mystes
May 31, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

my wife wears mirroreds. good for bank shots

:synpa:
This just needs a mushroom cloud in the reflection like terminator 2

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lol indeed

mystes
May 31, 2006

I wore contacts in high school and went back to glasses and I feel like glasses are just a zillion times less trouble.

I guess if I could easily get contacts without having to get a special prescription I would consider using them like once a year if I went skiing or something though.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Volmarias posted:

a slowly increasing stack of lost contact lenses on top of my eye oh nooooooooooooo
This is why you need to tailcall optimize your contacts OP

mystes
May 31, 2006

rotor posted:

Somehow, palpatations returned.
Lmao

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

don't write in the newspaper that i was mad about people making fun of smaugs actors name (??????)
I completely forget that he did that. It still makes no sense to me.

mystes
May 31, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

“this is not racism, it’s good actually” - PokeJoe
“emptyquote!” - Kenny Logins
OP there's a reason Tolkien didn't include any black people in the original Star Wars books. Show some respect.

mystes
May 31, 2006

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

my jedi name is also fart-o
farto simpsono

mystes
May 31, 2006

echinopsis posted:

in 2022 the worlds largest dump will be made. it was prophesied. I won’t let it be someone else
That's probably going to be a dump of youtube videos before google shuts it down

mystes
May 31, 2006

As they say, you can take a 3 year old adderall but you can't make it think

mystes
May 31, 2006

President Beep posted:

oh! and get this. i finally had to have one of my wisdom teeth pulled. down to 31 now. rip to a real 1.
31 still seems like a lot of wisdom teeth tbh

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

every time i get a physical they get really confused, then worried. "achmed," they say, "you're just too healthy and handsome. a man near 40 simply shouldn't look this good. we need to do some more tests."

and then they do the tests, and all the tests verify that yes, i really do look that good. and then they have to show all the med students the handsome guy in room C and it just takes so much longer than it should :(
I thought trump's physician had passed away

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hi Tori. Bye Tori.

mystes
May 31, 2006

President Beep posted:

i thought it was absolute bullshit for years because I’d exercise once, overdo it, and feel not only not better but worse. this time though i started doing moderate exercise and stuck with it. after a few sessions I started noticing that my mood was improving.
Nice. My mood is just complete crap regardless of whether I exercise

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm back and I'm ready to answer questions about my comprehensive exercise routine that keeps me young. It's normal to die at 41 years of age, unless you're me and doing my routine.
For someone who's not going to die at 41 years you seem pretty determined to make this your hill to die on

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm 42, it's too late for me to die at 41
sorry to break it to you but you already died. we're all in the circle of hell that bad posters are sent to.

mystes
May 31, 2006

fart simpson posted:

have u guys ever noticed that there’s a lot of ways the human body can get messed up
it's intentional. we were intelligently designed that way because god hates us

mystes
May 31, 2006

qirex posted:

yeah, “there’s a foreign substance irritating my mucus membranes, better make my forearm real itchy” has the same vibe as a weird regression bug
It's more like your body is running McAfee security software

mystes
May 31, 2006

How did the topic of cactuses even come up?

mystes
May 31, 2006

For some reason my facial hair has gotten really patchy so I'm not sure I could do a beard now even if I wanted to which will suck if I go bald

mystes
May 31, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

what's some over the counter pain stuff i can take so my legs last the next twelve days of walking in japan?
Have you considered resting for a day or trying to plan things so you walk less or something rather than taking a pain killer?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Unboxing videos are a great way to to get sponsorships from primitive types

mystes
May 31, 2006

where I'm from we bowl with a 2

mystes
May 31, 2006

echinopsis posted:

can you imagine watching someone’s colonoscopy in an IMAX theatre..
now that's an operating theater

mystes
May 31, 2006

Is making a video your story the instagram equivalent of retweeting?

mystes
May 31, 2006

One of my ears has been stuffed up with earwax and i haven't been able to hear out of it for like three days

mystes
May 31, 2006

If topical acid didn't work maybe try the tabs next time

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm pleased to report that I decided to just ignore my ear and as of this afternoon it's finally a bit better and I can somewhat hear out of it again.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Fart Sandwiches posted:

is that still something people do? maybe in the south?
Having beards, being gay, or using gay as an insult like it's 20 years ago and you're 12 years old?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

i think fart sandwiches meant "beard" as in "person with whom a gay man pretends to have a heterosexual romantic relationship so that he can stay closeted with respect to the community (and she is in the know and happy with the arrangement)." not beard as in, like, hair on your face. cause the latter isn't so much a gay thing, and the 'in the south' doesnt make any sense except that in the south, a bastion of bullshit, yeah maybe somebody would be more inclined to not be out than they would on the best coast

it wasnt using 'gay' as an insult at all, either (and neither was mediaphage). just an odd reaction on mystes' part imo
Oh I'm dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

axolotl farmer posted:

the pro pancake topping
DOES NOT COMPOTE