Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The serie A teams are entering the coppa Italia this weekend btw. Genoa crushed Imolese 4-1 yesterday. Parma Venezia today and then a pile of matches tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I mean I'd like to pretend I was surprised... but...

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1162651633693745153

Apparently at United he weighed 105kg (231 pounds), and naturally a lot of that is muscle, but that's still way too much weight for someone who is supposed to be running and sprinting around. No wonder he was an immobile lump.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Der Shovel posted:

I mean I'd like to pretend I was surprised... but...

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1162651633693745153

Apparently at United he weighed 105kg (231 pounds), and naturally a lot of that is muscle, but that's still way too much weight for someone who is supposed to be running and sprinting around. No wonder he was an immobile lump.

https://twitter.com/bestgug/status/1162813358686404608
lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
There are reports (including from Di Marzio) that Inter are trying to work out a deal for Alexis Sanchez. Presumably a loan, where Man U pay a big chunk of the salary.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan is about to finish a 0-0 draw against Cesena, who just got promoted from Serie D :ughh:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

OP posted:

I know we all say this every year but this actually might be the season somebody beats them

If someone does beat Juve, who do you think it will be? Inter?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Fatty Gonz vs Fatty Rom, the ultimate showdown!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I could post a pic of me at 8am after a night out on the lash when I have no water in my body and look like a fit lad because I'm so dehydrated too.

Also all of that fat is conveniently stored just below where Big Rom's mirror stopped. Show us that spare tire Gonz 2.0.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Inter or Napoli imo.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

trem_two posted:

There are reports (including from Di Marzio) that Inter are trying to work out a deal for Alexis Sanchez. Presumably a loan, where Man U pay a big chunk of the salary.

Actually now the story is that Sanchez has agreed personal terms at greatly reduced wages, and Inter are negotiating a fee for a permanent deal.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Actually now the story is that Sanchez has agreed personal terms at greatly reduced wages, and Inter are negotiating a fee for a permanent deal.

Please.

BrBa
Oct 12, 2012
gently caress's sake. I can't even be happy for a full 24 hours before these morons find some other flop to throw millions at.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Goddess to beat The Old Lady, if the universe is just.

that'd own for the sake of another leicester type, though obviously not nearly as extreme of a jump, championship

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Gigi Galli posted:

Milan is about to finish a 0-0 draw against Cesena, who just got promoted from Serie D :ughh:

Juve DESTROYED the mighty Triestina 1-0 with this sick golazo by Dybi

https://twitter.com/JuveClubCR/status/1162827892637732864

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Simone Poodoin posted:

Fatty Gonz vs Fatty Rom, the ultimate showdown!

What category of show do you think it would be? Thriller? Comedy? RomGon?

Eh gently caress it Ive already typed it out. The delete buttom is to far away

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Like obviously he's a lot fitter than I am for instance, but for a footballer that ain't so great IMO.

trem_two posted:

Well I mean, it makes sense. Surely he's not happy just sitting on the bench for the rest of his career, because Ole's made it clear he's behind Martial, Rashford, Greenwood and Chong in the pecking order and won't even get into the first team before he's "regained match fitness" in the reserves.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Fiorentina losing to Monza in the coppa italia match (0-1)

Brescia also playing vs Perugia, during half time they announced Balotelli :xd:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

canepazzo posted:

Fiorentina losing to Monza in the coppa italia match (0-1)

WE managed to turn it around 3-1 in the last 10 minutes, Vlahovic twice and then Chiesa. Phew!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Brescia also playing vs Perugia, during half time they announced Balotelli :xd:

Theyre 15 minutes from getting knocked out...

E: lol!

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 18, 2019

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gigi Galli posted:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Hellas got bounced from the coppa as well

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Chievo too

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Gigi Galli posted:

Chievo too

Star-crossed cloggers

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Star-crossed cloggers

hehe

This is Giampaolo's formation against Udinese because some of the new players "hAvEnT gOtTeN mY sYsTeM"

We're gonna get killed by a team that's rebuilt from scratch every year. 500 million Euros in the past 3 or 4 years or whatever it is and this is what we line up with.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

One of the most baffling things to happen this year has been (and continues to be) the Guardiola hysteria at Juventus (mostly on social media to be fair). Many "insiders" and ITK and a few journalists had been convinced, and preslytizing with their followers, that Guardiola would be the manager for Juventus this year, no question. Sarri was fake news. Even going as far as predicting the date of the announcement, the press conference, claiming already multiple meetings with Paratici to discuss transfers etc.

Then Sarri arrived, and while a good portion are now resigned to having Sarri, a non-trivial amount of the theorist just switched to "Guardiola is just waiting for the UEFA sentence to activate the clause of his contract to get free; Sarri will "conveniently" have a family issue before the first match in order to resign with intact honor"

To anyone that casts doubt on any of these theories, the one and only response has been "you were saying the same about CR7 last year!"; no discussion, the argument is won with that.

Truly, buying Big Ron has broken some people's brains.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

canepazzo posted:

One of the most baffling things to happen this year has been (and continues to be) the Guardiola hysteria at Juventus (mostly on social media to be fair). Many "insiders" and ITK and a few journalists had been convinced, and preslytizing with their followers, that Guardiola would be the manager for Juventus this year, no question. Sarri was fake news. Even going as far as predicting the date of the announcement, the press conference, claiming already multiple meetings with Paratici to discuss transfers etc.

Then Sarri arrived, and while a good portion are now resigned to having Sarri, a non-trivial amount of the theorist just switched to "Guardiola is just waiting for the UEFA sentence to activate the clause of his contract to get free; Sarri will "conveniently" have a family issue before the first match in order to resign with intact honor"

To anyone that casts doubt on any of these theories, the one and only response has been "you were saying the same about CR7 last year!"; no discussion, the argument is won with that.

Truly, buying Big Ron has broken some people's brains.

Yeah, anytime I see a Twitter thread involving that guy Momblano my eyes just glaze over

Also, I can't believe Borini is a starting central midfielder, what a world we live in

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Yeah, anytime I see a Twitter thread involving that guy Momblano my eyes just glaze over

Also, I can't believe Borini is a starting central midfielder, what a world we live in

Giampaolo seems like the kind of manager that loves a shithouse as long as he gives 110% or whatever the phrase is. I loving hate that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

hehe

This is Giampaolo's formation against Udinese because some of the new players "hAvEnT gOtTeN mY sYsTeM"

We're gonna get killed by a team that's rebuilt from scratch every year. 500 million Euros in the past 3 or 4 years or whatever it is and this is what we line up with.

How has Rodriguez been playing at Milan? I always liked him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Big Huski Boi posted:

How has Rodriguez been playing at Milan? I always liked him.

He's too slow but other than that he's fine. If he could speed up a bit he'd be pretty great.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Sounds like Juve's front line this weekend will be Ronaldo, Gonz, and Douglas Costa, as negotiations are still ongoing with Dybala and PSG.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Gigi Galli posted:

hehe

How has Borini been, particularly on the right side of a midfield three?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

sticksy posted:

How has Borini been, particularly on the right side of a midfield three?

poo poo, though I don't even know if he's played there before. Gattuso used him as a right back and as a part of the front three.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I watched 2 of Milan's preseason matches where he played in midfield, and it was a lot like when he plays as a wing back, he runs a lot but doesn't offer much quality.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

hehe

This seems like a decent squad, minus Borini, Calabria, and Musacchio. Maybe Castillejo is a bit of a wasteman? The rest seems pretty okay to me! Or is Romagnoli trash too?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

This seems like a decent squad, minus Borini, Calabria, and Musacchio. Maybe Castillejo is a bit of a wasteman? The rest seems pretty okay to me! Or is Romagnoli trash too?

Romagnoli is great. The midfield is the real broken bit, Biglia sucks, Calhanoglu does not work as a mezz'ala and Borini is, well, Borini.

Ideally we'd be playing Kessie, Paqueta and Bennacer but that's only because I haven't had a chance to see Bennacer be poo poo yet. But it's infuriating that neither Kessie or Paqueta are likely to play.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Getting my yearly post in

Paqueta is a glaring omission... I don't know how you justify not building the midfield around him after he came in and proved to be the only exciting player we had last season. I think using castilleo as a second striker could work, he could add a little injection of pace is a pretty slow and static attack, but my Hot Takes are that:

Suso should be sold if you're not playing him inside right. I hope I'm wrong here because I like suso, but I don't think he can find space central and I think he will flounder in a 10 role. His ability to cut in is dangerous, but I don't see this working. Also super one footed.

Big Hakan should get sold back to the interested German teams. I think he needs one of : pace, vision, decisiveness to stand out and I haven't seen that. I feel like so often in the 65th minute I end up thinking "oh, calanoglu is playing"

Anyway, I didn't think hard about this post, just pretended I was talking to a client at work and wrote this instead.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1163514382900445184?s=21

I think he’ll cut back to 20 a day instead of 60

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Or is this the point where Pep takes over :tinfoil:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Or is this the point where Pep takes over :tinfoil:

I was just thinking this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Someone probably turned on a fan while he was sleeping. Wonderful. :ohdear: