Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
RIP Lecce. Apparently nobody has scored as many goals as them and still been relegated; 52.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The league has decided that next season will start on the 19th of September. This is good news for Milan since they have to start their Europa league horse poo poo on the 17th, so not much of a disadvantage on that front other than playing some extra matches.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Roma has been sold to Dan Friedkin, an American billionaire with his hands in a pile of different industries. The club, while owned by him (or some shell company more likely) will be handled by his failson Ryan, who's claim to fame is that his father is rich, I presume.

Anyway Palotta ultimately was a poo poo owner, and I imagine this guy will be as well. We'll see if Roma continues to sell their best players for no good reason.The reported price for the club was 591 million Euros.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Is Pallotta going to buy a share of Liverpool now that he sold his best players to his friend John Henry?

It's interesting to see an American owner who isn't from an Italian family.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Roma has been sold to Dan Friedkin, an American billionaire with his hands in a pile of different industries. The club, while owned by him (or some shell company more likely) will be handled by his failson Ryan, who's claim to fame is that his father is rich, I presume.

Anyway Palotta ultimately was a poo poo owner, and I imagine this guy will be as well. We'll see if Roma continues to sell their best players for no good reason.The reported price for the club was 591 million Euros.

I watched a really bad Danny McBride movie last night called Arizona. When I just Google searched Ryan Friedkin now, one of the top results is that Dan and Ryan were producers of that movie.

I'm sure this will end well.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
But hey maybe they'll just be Roma's ADL???

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

But hey maybe they'll just be Roma's ADL???

I was just going to say, lol

There’s a difference between the garbage that ADL puts out and these guys I’m sure, though. ADL’s films are self aware at this point. That’s not to say they are good.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Pooventus

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

RIP Sarri, will Ronald go too?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
If the Friedkins want to make a big impression, throwing a pile of cash at Sarri should do it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Pooventus

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Sarri to say but he's now been officially sacked. Seeing lots of names floating around, Poch, Sousa, Mancini :stare:, Zidane.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mancini abandoning the national team would make me insanely mad.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Lippi is unemployed I think, he would be great imho

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

It's Pirlo, apparently

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Didn't Pirlo just get made head of the U-21(or 23, I can't remember poo poo)? There's no reason to drop him into a "win the CL or get hosed" job without at least a couple years of experience I would hope

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’d rather them take the chance with Poch, that’s an exciting prospect.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Robviously posted:

Didn't Pirlo just get made head of the U-21(or 23, I can't remember poo poo)? There's no reason to drop him into a "win the CL or get hosed" job without at least a couple years of experience I would hope

U23, it’s the team Juve have in Serie C. I think it would be mad dumb of him to take the senior side.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Well they just announced it because of course we live in the stupidest timeline

2 years, which is fine for any other club but they clearly want to win the CL now and that's some big loving pressure

Edit: I guess I'm just glad Mancini's stayed put with the national team, I guess.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Get ready for a milanesque shaming of a club legend, what a stupid idea.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lol I can’t believe this is real. Three days ago or whatever Sarri was out there saying that the club directors don’t make crazy decisions and they aren’t amateurs. 48 hours later they sack him and bring in the manager of the U23 side who has exactly 0 games managed.

I really can’t see this going well. Who knows, maybe he’ll be a managerial prodigy.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol I can’t believe this is real. Three days ago or whatever Sarri was out there saying that the club directors don’t make crazy decisions and they aren’t amateurs. 48 hours later they sack him and bring in the manager of the U23 side who has exactly 0 games managed.

I really can’t see this going well. Who knows, maybe he’ll be a managerial prodigy.

did ronaldo tell them "hey it worked with zidane, we won the CL"

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Even with Zidane and Pep they had actually managed lower tier/youth sides, and in Zidane's case he served as Ancelotti's assistant manager at Madrid for a full season. Pirlo's entire coaching career is "held a week's worth of U-23 practices and scouted the U-19 side once".

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

This is very likely the start of Juve's collapse. All empires fall.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Are they bringing him in to be some kind of midfield whisperer? Did they promote him like this because that was the only way for Big Ron to stay? It makes absolutely no sense.

I don't know if I would call this the start of the fall but this is very much feeling like a "I'm gonna make my horse a consul" moment from the leadership. The club has been treading water the last few years and the only reason they've won the last couple scudetto is because no one else seemed to want it enough. The CL has been an embarrassment and the Board has been trying to apply Band-Aids to lost limbs. If they won't give Sarri the time to get the team more aligned to his vision, 1) why the gently caress would anyone want to come coach on a win or you're out contract and 2) why should we think Pirlo will be able to turn it around in one year.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
James Horncastle had an article on The Athletic today, and it seems like the choice basically boiled down to "Pirlo understands what it means to be a Juventino"

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

If that was the job description then give the job to Padoin imho

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

James Horncastle had an article on The Athletic today, and it seems like the choice basically boiled down to "Pirlo understands what it means to be a Juventino"

But it’s not like our playing culture has been consistent for 20+ years? Our playing style, the player’s philosophy, there’s no “Juventus Way” (other than bribing, etc, juve merde etc etc) so to me this just reads like Agnelli wanted more influence over the manager.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Robviously posted:

If they won't give Sarri the time to get the team more aligned to his vision, 1) why the gently caress would anyone want to come coach on a win or you're out contract and 2) why should we think Pirlo will be able to turn it around in one year.

Maybe nobody with a good record wanted the job, so they went with their long-term choice.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Did Sarri really piss Ron off enough that they couldn’t have just held on to him for another year? Yeah he obviously wasn’t gonna win the CL but Christ neither is Pirlo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Did Sarri really piss Ron off enough that they couldn’t have just held on to him for another year? Yeah he obviously wasn’t gonna win the CL but Christ neither is Pirlo.

If you believe the gossip journalists then yes, he did. Like that was the reason Sarri was fired; Ronald couldn’t deal.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

If that's the case they should have let him gently caress off to PSG like the rumors say he wants and tried to swap him for Mbappe.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Conte is already threatening to leave Inter. Allegri in pole, supposedly.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

*taps thread title*

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lol, Parma sacked their manager for "lack of enthusiasm"

https://www.espn.com/soccer/parma/story/4165039/parma-sack-coach-roberto-daversa-for-lack-of-mutual-enthusiasm

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Finally Juventus have a kit to hide the Cheeto dust I wipe on it on game day.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ibra has supposedly signed a one year deal worth 7 mil. Must be nice, though I’m quite happy he’s sticking around.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

New season to begin on the weekend of the 19th of September. Guess I should make a thread!

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Inter (and Atalanta I'd assume) pushing for a week extra rest, of course.. I don't know if just for their specific matches or all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

GreatestLurker posted:

Inter (and Atalanta I'd assume) pushing for a week extra rest, of course.. I don't know if just for their specific matches or all of them.

Atalanta supposedly has 3 players that tested positive for covid-19 so maybe this isn’t such a bad idea.