Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Linux Pirate posted:

In case anyone is wondering, this was the best monster in scoob

This assessment is correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Scooby

doobie

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Mysteris. piled high

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

Mysteris. piled high

Mystery Machine plum gave out.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Mystery Incorporated is the definitive incarnation of Scooby Doo, IMO.

Also Carl Sagan was a big fan of the show for the reason you describe.

Some big truths coming out ITT:

1) The Hex Girls rock.

2) Mystery Inc was the best Scooby Doo.

3) This was the best episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXss_zKnEPM

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Scooby Doo was already 30 years old at the point where the Hex Girls were introduced and now its been 20 years since then.

Scooby Doo keeps on keeping on

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I'm actually watching Mystery Inc because of this thread. It's pretty good. Not spectacular or anything but it's a bit of fun and the show likes to mock the original show that was endlessly played on TV in the 80s.

Scooby Apocalypse is still better so far though. It was a comic series. Basically everyone was in their 20s and meeting for the first time. Daphne and Fred were doing a low rated paranormal show and get a lead that brings em to a secret facility where a project Velma is working on has been tampered with and it ends up turning much of the world into monsters. Shaggy is an animal caretaker at the same place because it's got smart dog projects. Scooby of course. (Scrappy is also there and is like smarter and more bad rear end but really tragic.)

They are both taking a mostly lovely 70s show and trying to make it work. Neither one gets too grimdark Edgelord though the comic one really isnt for kids.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Is a pup named scooby doo canon? This matters to me.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gutcruncher posted:

It's referenced in Mystery Inc, along with the character models iirc

Captain Rufus posted:

I'm actually watching Mystery Inc because of this thread. It's pretty good. Not spectacular or anything but ...
Oh wow I wonder what series marks better

quote:

Scooby Apocalypse is still better so far though.
:chloe:

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 22, 2019

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
They should team up with the Punisher at some point, seemed to work out pretty well for Archie.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gutcruncher posted:

gently caress this show

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
what did homer say when he saw scooby eating his dinner?

scooby d'oh!!!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Smythe posted:

gently caress this show

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g931LC43MQ

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
why are they called "cartoons". and not "american anime"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
americanimation

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Some big truths coming out ITT:

1) The Hex Girls rock.

2) Mystery Inc was the best Scooby Doo.

3) This was the best episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXss_zKnEPM

Why is there a goth-pop band in Scooby Doo now?

I mean, I am all for it, I just... what?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

FilthyImp posted:

It's referenced in Mystery Inc, along with the character models iirc

Oh wow I wonder what series marks better

:chloe:

Is RED HERRING in the show?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

die

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

jimmyjams posted:

why are they called "cartoons". and not "american anime"

Yabba dabba duwu

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Johnny Aztec posted:

Is RED HERRING in the show?
Not to my knowledge. Fred became laser focused on traps but it may be just so he can pounce on Red Herring one day for their fated duel.

Also the squishyness of APNS-D makes me think the same animation studio from Japan/Korea worked on Tiny Toons...

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Obsidianheart posted:

Why is there a goth-pop band in Scooby Doo now?

I mean, I am all for it, I just... what?

The Hex Girls date back to Scooby Do and the Witch's Ghost, a direct to DVD movie from 1999. Mystery Inc is a DIFFERENT Scooby Do continuity, but a lot of the old things came back. Other than that, they, imo, speak for themselves.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Excuse me, the Hex Girls defy your genre labels.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Captain Rufus posted:

I'm actually watching Mystery Inc because of this thread. It's pretty good. Not spectacular or anything but it's a bit of fun and the show likes to mock the original show that was endlessly played on TV in the 80s.

Scooby Apocalypse is still better so far though. It was a comic series. Basically everyone was in their 20s and meeting for the first time. Daphne and Fred were doing a low rated paranormal show and get a lead that brings em to a secret facility where a project Velma is working on has been tampered with and it ends up turning much of the world into monsters. Shaggy is an animal caretaker at the same place because it's got smart dog projects. Scooby of course. (Scrappy is also there and is like smarter and more bad rear end but really tragic.)

They are both taking a mostly lovely 70s show and trying to make it work. Neither one gets too grimdark Edgelord though the comic one really isnt for kids.
Don't judge MI until you finish it. It gets way better, especially when it stops trying to make Velma and Shaggy happen and just pairs her up with another woman.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Barudak posted:

Excuse me, the Hex Girls defy your genre labels.

it's more like they chose the genre labels that they wanted to buy into

they literally call themselves eco-goths in their first appearance, which i know because i watched that movie when it came out

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jabor posted:

it's more like they chose the genre labels that they wanted to buy into

they literally call themselves eco-goths in their first appearance, which i know because i watched that movie when it came out
Didn't it debut on Cartoon Network? I remember it was real heavily promoted.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

FactsAreUseless posted:

Didn't it debut on Cartoon Network? I remember it was real heavily promoted.

I don't actually remember. It seems plausible though?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Captain Rufus posted:

It really kicks off in the second season.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I like how taking a lovely 70s show and making it work is turning out the internet's worst fan-fiction into reality in this case.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The official ranking of scooby doo guests is globetrotters, batman, hex girls, don knotts, dracula

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If you see that fuckin dune buggy turn back

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

reignofevil posted:

If you see that fuckin dune buggy turn back
There's an episode of Mystery Inc that involves all the also-ran anthro-mascot solvers. Dune Buggy, Jabberjaw, Funky Phantom...

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

reignofevil posted:

The official ranking of scooby doo guests is globetrotters, batman, hex girls, don knotts, dracula

3 stooges above Dracula, that guy sucks :c00lbert:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Best Scooby Doo episode is the Harvey Birdman episode.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Mozi posted:

what did homer say when he saw scooby eating his dinner?

scooby d'oh!!!

Kazak posted:

Yabba dabba duwu

Smythe posted:

gently caress this show

this thread has got a little for every1

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The special with Batman Brave and the Bold is pretty good. Mostly because of Brave and the Bold. Yes, it has Aquaman.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

reignofevil posted:

Lmao

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

FilthyImp posted:

Also the squishyness of APNS-D makes me think the same animation studio from Japan/Korea worked on Tiny Toons...

Actually you're thinking of the Tiny Toons episodes animated by Kennedy Cartoons, an american studio founded by the guy who was animation director on Pup Named Scooby Doo

naem
May 29, 2011

my grandma had a very 1970’s decorated house and in the late 1980’s as a very young kid when we went to visit somehow the 1970’s scooby doo was always on tv, it was like a time portal to an era I never visited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Actually you're thinking of the Tiny Toons episodes animated by Kennedy Cartoons, an american studio founded by the guy who was animation director on Pup Named Scooby Doo
Well that explains it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VczLcqe8n-I&t=65s