Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the peacock app at least seems to be (very) slightly more usable than the nbc sports one. i also like not having to pay for the entire season up front

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Weedle posted:

the peacock app at least seems to be (very) slightly more usable than the nbc sports one. i also like not having to pay for the entire season up front

I hate the fact that it's split, if all the games were on Peacock i'd pay the $5/month no sweat.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Also replays aren’t available right away unlike NBC Sports, I think they don’t go up until 6pm eastern.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lallana lasted all of 44 minutes of the season before getting injured.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Chelsea are p poo poo

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Havertz especially.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Arrizabalmaoga

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Tiny Trossard, however.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
striker!

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Boooo

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Xabi posted:

Havertz especially.

He’s been proper poo poo.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Loftus-Cheek is a genuinely abysmal footballer. poo poo touch, slow, clumsy, not good at passing, dribbling, tackling or shooting? He's 24 years old and has never really shown anything. It amazes me that Chelsea fans are so Anti-Barkley when he is about 10x the player Loftus-Cheek ever will be, he's stealing a living as a premier league footballer

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

TelekineticBear! posted:

Loftus-Cheek is a genuinely abysmal footballer. poo poo touch, slow, clumsy, not good at passing, dribbling, tackling or shooting? He's 24 years old and has never really shown anything. It amazes me that Chelsea fans are so Anti-Barkley when he is about 10x the player Loftus-Cheek ever will be, he's stealing a living as a premier league footballer

He's exactly like Barley, was wildly talented once and got ravaged by injuries

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Loftus-Cheek 🤭

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

TelekineticBear! posted:

He looks good though

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

TelekineticBear! posted:

He’s also on a fortune despite having never done anything of note

E: rumored to be about £150k/wk with bonuses

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

How much for Havertz again?? £200m???

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

de curry GOAT posted:

How much for Havertz again?? £200m???

A whole week of Janusaj wages.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Nottherealaborn posted:

Love that NBC gave up on NBCSports Gold but somehow thinks Peacock will be successful. Tbf, they’ve learned from their mistakes and are putting more matches on it, and more matches with bigger teams. gently caress NBC.

i signed up for the free trial, and immediately hated it so just gonna do some sketchy legally gray method instead cause the streams have been worse than usual lately

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nottherealaborn posted:

Love that NBC gave up on NBCSports Gold but somehow thinks Peacock will be successful. Tbf, they’ve learned from their mistakes and are putting more matches on it, and more matches with bigger teams. gently caress NBC.

Every non-TV game was already on NBCSports Gold if you bought the PL pass. Peacock is just a continuation of that but now you have to use a separate platform and it costs more. The previous PL pass of live only games was $40, $65 if you wanted replays vs. $5/mo for Peacock.

Also in great business decisions, Peacock was launched while unavailable on Amazon or Roku devices because of a lack of licensing agreements, and they represent over 70% of the streaming market. Superb stuff.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Don’t rock the boat Americans, your streaming of premier league games is worlds cheaper (and covers far more games) than we get in the UK (in non-COVID times at least).

Meanwhile the closest equivalent sport (NFL) costs £150 for gamepass in the UK, but the Amazon & Sky games (the best ones in primetime) are blacked out. So you have to pay for Sky & Amazon Prime too to get all the games.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

wooger posted:

Don’t rock the boat Americans, your streaming of premier league games is worlds cheaper (and covers far more games) than we get in the UK (in non-COVID times at least).

Meanwhile the closest equivalent sport (NFL) costs £150 for gamepass in the UK, but the Amazon & Sky games (the best ones in primetime) are blacked out. So you have to pay for Sky & Amazon Prime too to get all the games.

American TV plans aren’t at all comparable to the UK, though. We’ll never pay anything near to what you pay because our system prioritizes cheap and easy access tv and processed foods over all else.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
what branding genius came up with pee-cock

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

TheBigAristotle posted:

what branding genius came up with pee-cock

your mom

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:negative:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i miss the days when the only way i could watch matches was by trusting some arabic man to not infect my computer with sars as he and his compatriats screamed at me as we watched 22 blurry humanoid images and there was always, bizarrely, a chatroom to the right where guys like MUFC69_Thomas would have full blown conversations to nobody in particular

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I miss the very small window of time where Americans had the best home viewing experience of the Premier League

Then NBC Sports unleashed monetization and now every club has a few Gold matches per year and the app stinks

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

tbp posted:

i miss the days when the only way i could watch matches was by trusting some arabic man to not infect my computer with sars as he and his compatriats screamed at me as we watched 22 blurry humanoid images and there was always, bizarrely, a chatroom to the right where guys like MUFC69_Thomas would have full blown conversations to nobody in particular

The chat is also going at light speed with people posting the same meme for 2 hours straight

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

tbp posted:

The excited shouts of ALLAAAAAAAAHHHH whenever a goal was scored were always good for a laugh

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

the sex ghost posted:

The excited shouts of ALLAAAAAAAAHHHH whenever a goal was scored were always good for a laugh

You should have turned on your speakers

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

RideTheSpiral posted:

You should have turned on your speakers

:captainpop:

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

TheBigAristotle posted:

I miss the very small window of time where Americans had the best home viewing experience of the Premier League

Then NBC Sports unleashed monetization and now every club has a few Gold matches per year and the app stinks

extremely same op.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I had a friend who never logged in to nbcsports.com or whatever it was so I could just use his password, didn't even need a vpn. those were the days

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

http://premierleaguepass.com/

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I’m on Peacock’s website trying to figure out what this product even is. Which games can I watch? Why wouldn’t I just stream these?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Kingfish posted:

I’m on Peacock’s website trying to figure out what this product even is. Which games can I watch? Why wouldn’t I just stream these?

Peacock replaces NBC Gold so you have to stream it from Peacock now. It’s not very clear which ones are on it. Thanks, NBC!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Get a Wyscout trial account and download enough Cypriot 2nd division matches to get you through the next covid lockdown.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The Kingfish posted:

It’s insanely unintuitive and they have the same marketing strategy as a drug dealer, but slightly less forthcoming.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TheBigAristotle posted:

For a few glorious years the people who owned the Premier League rights in Finland sold a ~20€ a month package that included enough cable channels to simulcast all games with their original PL commentary. It was so loving amazing.

And then they decided that the EU had ruled that it was illegal, and despite a number of people pointing out that no such ruling had been made, they dropped down to only one or two simultaneous games and hiked up the price. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
everton played five minutes of air raid sirens while their boys slapped each other on the shoulder and got pumped up

made west brom change in the portacabins and walk in from the car park

at least this loving pandemic is laying the absurdity of football bare