Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
What the gently caress is the point of VAR if not to rule out a Liverpool goal while awarding us a penalty in the process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
There's a lot more liverpool fans to upset and thus cause greater lmaodenfraude imo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Brony Car posted:

"Liverpool being crap" has been run into the ground. No more laughs there.

I respectfully disagree

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

"We are liverpool. This means more" - wtf is this poo poo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Sterling getting as much poo poo as he does at Anfield is pretty pathetic imo

Pantomime boos or whatever the first few seasons you expect but he's like one of the very few modern footballers I feel deserves some respect, especially as he's directly challenged the same poo poo tabloids that scousers hate

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Parity warning posted:

projecting what lol

Moaning about decisions that at the very least are actually contentious is what football fans absolutely can and should do and you insinuating it makes us entitled while also dropping a totally irrelevant oil money reference makes you sound like a oval office imo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Xabi posted:

Calm down, it was handball on Bernardo first.

The (stupid) new rules are different based on the context for the handball now though aren't they?

Like if Bernardo's handball lead directly to a goal then it would be an offence, no idea what that means for a handball in the run up to a potential penalty

Doesn't look like Michael Oliver had a clue about that though

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

*shakes fist at heavens*

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Aguero has not had his weetabix today

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Gorn Myson posted:

Looked like there was a foul and a couple of offsides in that built up. Wheres the quality refereeing decisions we had early in the game? Have they succumbed the collective temper tantrums of City fans on Twitter?

Ok boomer

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Who is the bigger mental between pep and klopp

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Well that's annoying

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

Not exactly angry... I can’t quite explain it, someone more eloquent should try

I’ve not watched it but can probably guess the tone and it’s ironic obsequiousness

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Or maybe he means the particular irritating profusion of gloating scousers

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Bundy posted:

tag you are self

I'm the webbed fingers

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahaha

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Bundy posted:

We're now naming our favourite ever seasons. Mine is 95/96 and the Double win after Cantona's return from suspension.

Go.

Agueroooooo and I honestly don't see me enjoying anything football related that much again

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Bundy posted:

Not even a CL win this year?

Or a Scouse collapse of epic proportions that'd shame Newcastle in 96?

Yeah I should never say never again and I was surprised how invested I was in England 2018 so the potential is there I suppose

But that first title win was more about the catharsis of years and years of being poo poo and the emotional whiplash dragging me from the doldrums of despair into ecstasy over 2 lunatic minutes, certainly winning the CL would be great but it's not got the same allure for me

Liverpool loving everything up (not gonna happen) would obviously be hilarious but schadenfreude isn't strong enough a motivator by itself, even if we would benefit from it

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

*bangs fists on table* bust bust bust

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Pretty glad I'm on a bus and my 4G gave up somewhere in the ardennes at half time

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Slur this:

t:hehe:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Weedle posted:

you're telling me there wasn't ONE grisly murder or mysterious death in that house in over 400 years?

Ash murdered a taxi driver and stuffed his corpse under the floorboards pass it on

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

The only people I am wishing death upon are the dumb poo poo fuckwits who are exhibiting extremely malicious stupidity in these times, various examples of which being ignoring quarantine orders to carry on their normal lives thereby disseminating the disease further, or licking surfaces in public areas, or touting their coronavirus cures etc

Funny how quite a few of the cases of the 'refusing quarantine to continue their normal life' cunts are religious and end up infecting half of the congregation

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Sounds like a terrible cocktail

I got high and watched the first series of Spaced and stuffed my fat loving face

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Brass Hand posted:

Been moved to a three day week for the next month. Mods?

Try being a freelancer fucknuts and having 80% of your trade disappear

But still I'm glad I'm not dead or working in an actually stressful risky or lovely job right now

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I'm glad I'm a gaming not dad with a big backlog of games to get through and also a shitload of books I've recently bought

Would fuckin murder for a cat or dog tho

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Not allowed pets in the apartment, have been tempted to flout those rules but I don't think it's fair to keep cats purely housebound and when we're both back working not fair to have a dog home alone in the day

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Lol who the gently caress is this guy, is PI leaking

This is absolutely not the cut and dry issue you think it is where you are fairly planted on the moral high ground.

Longevity does not equate to quality of life and I'm amazed I even have to state that. Yes letting a cat go outdoors exposes it to more risk and statistically reduces its lifespan. Ditto humans, but I see no argument for keeping us locked up away from all risk but also stimulation. If anything the current situation throws it into stark relief how important being able to leave the fuckin house is, for human or animal.

I'm not saying its impossible for indoor cats to be happy, just that generally you have to provide them with a shitload more stimulation to keep them entertained, which if we were 1. Allowed to keep cats and 2. Had a bigger apartment we would have absolutely already done. If people want to have indoor cats and can look after them well then great, but I have had personal experience of plenty of unhappy cats that are kept cooped up with nothing to do and they're extremely depressed and behaviourally hosed. I grew up in the countryside and we had 6 cats at one point and they all came and went as they pleased and most were very long lived, and all were happy.

I'm irritated I had to type that out because you're being such a reactionary dickhead unable to consider the presence of a grey area.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Seriously who are you?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I prescribe low to mid range gin consumption

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I'm watching the first episode and mostly it's making me extremely sorry for inflicting americans upon the world

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

You'll have to buy your waffles and mayonnaise another day

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

We went on a family holiday to Greece when I was a kid and flew with the now defunct Peach Airlines and it was just after that song came out and I sang it a lot on the plane. Thanks for listening to my cool story.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I feel now is as good a time as any to revive that venerable tradition of the dinner post so here goes

Couple months back I bought myself a Le Creuset casserole dish at half price because the shop was closing down but even so my girlfriend still thought I was ridiculous for spending €120 on a pot. Last night I used it for the first time to make this vegetable chicken pesto stew with parmesan and pine nut dumplings and it was banging.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

this looks like complete garbage

Post your dinner

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Looks dry, Todd

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Did you do the mongol rally or something

Weaponized Cum posted:

I'm gonna make some steak and asparagus as a side because I'm 100% avoiding going to the supermarket right now. It is incredibly stressful

Post that steak

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

My miso glazed cod

Much better

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Fridge posting, good idea mambold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Good spot thanks that could have been messy