Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

Suarez has absolutely been an unqualified success.

E. nvm "end of" is a pretty vague term.

I always feel there's something missing if he doesn't play. He just works super well with Messi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Tahirovic posted:

I always feel there's something missing if he doesn't play. He just works super well with Messi.

Yeah but his very liberal use of the term "end of the 2014 transfer window" means that Suarez isn't included

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Congratulating the Sevilla fans

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lladre posted:

Congratulating the Sevilla fans

https://as.com/

Funny as hell I could hear Betis fans yell when Inter scored but now they're so quiet for some reason...

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

marca has been hinting at this for a week now but now ESPN is saying the "club has confirmed" that Messi has asked out.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4166709/messi-tells-barcelona-he-wants-to-leave-sources

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

BWV posted:

marca has been hinting at this for a week now but now ESPN is saying the "club has confirmed" that Messi has asked out.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4166709/messi-tells-barcelona-he-wants-to-leave-sources

Koeman is in big trouble. Think he stepped into a doomed season.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Elliptical Dick posted:

Every Barca manager is doomed, even if the team is good and they win

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Elliptical Dick posted:

If he didn't know this was coming already he deserves it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

r/soccer is on fire. 10 posts about Messi. Bartomeu possibly resigining. It's a poo poo show.

:getin:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

BWV posted:

code:
The club confirmed to ESPN Deportes' Jordi Blanco on Tuesday that they were notified by Messi of his decision via burofax, a service used in Spain to urgently dispatch a document that requires proof to third parties. 
I have the mental image of a donkey laden with a sheet of A4 sleepily meandering through Catalonia to deliver this message. (Yes, I know it's burro).

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The board probably thinks it can't get any worse (they will likely resign/be forced out this week even if they are still trying to keep it together) for them but wait til next year when everyone continues to blame them for barca going a month without scoring a goal. Bartomeu will go down as the worst.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

lol I dont even care if this is true or not but Marca is saying that Messi was mad that Koeman told him:

quote:

There was one particular phrase the report has cited which is said to have left Messi somewhat furious."The privileges in this squad are over, you have to do everything for the team," Koeman reportedly declared."I'm going to be inflexible; you must only be thinking about the team."

It was such a show of authoritarianism that Messi took exception to, especially with his relationships with coaches at Barcelona having generally not been that way throughout his career.What has followed is even further disruption to the idea that Messi will sign a contract extension at the Camp Nou, with several of his close friends and team-mates being told they can leave.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's not gonna happen but Juve should really sign him to forever resolve the question of whether Messi and Ronaldo can play together

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Vegetable posted:

It's not gonna happen but Juve should really sign him to forever resolve the question of whether Messi and Ronaldo can play together

This would own but Dybala having to sit on the bench because of Messi again would make me very sad

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I just hope he doesn't end up with a poo poo team like PSG or a PL team that isn't Liverpool. Would hate to root against the little man.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

sticksy posted:

code:
The club confirmed to ESPN Deportes' Jordi Blanco on Tuesday that they were notified by Messi of his decision via burofax, a service used in Spain to urgently dispatch a document that requires proof to third parties. 
I have the mental image of a donkey laden with a sheet of A4 sleepily meandering through Catalonia to deliver this message. (Yes, I know it's burro).

Donkeys everywhere

https://twitter.com/tsf_podcast/status/1298582448092184576?s=19

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Well they never did say he was sacked in the press release, just that he’s no longer the first team coach.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/1754842/quique-setien-no-longer-first-team-coach

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

BWV posted:

lol I dont even care if this is true or not but Marca is saying that Messi was mad that Koeman told him:

big lol if that is true

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Wherever he plays next season I wish him well. Unless he signs for Madrid, then gently caress him.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Lladre posted:

Wherever he plays next season I wish him well. Unless he signs for Madrid, then gently caress him.

hes not a psychopath. this isn't even comparable to figo, messi's entire legacy and commercial enterprise would like explode if he joined madrid lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lmao

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/04/lionel-messis-father-la-liga-has-made-clear-error-over-700m-buyout-clause

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
how long til the season restarts, is it next weekend like the prem?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Insurrectionist posted:

how long til the season restarts, is it next weekend like the prem?

It is.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

wonder what the state of barca will be in 8 days lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Big Luis going to Atletico. Also, new thread coming only after Barca plays their first game.