Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

I really wouldn't count on it. Season 6 wasn't exactly stellar, killing Alex is a real pain in the butt for the next few books, and rumor is that Dominique Tipper isn't interested in coming back.

Alex doesn't really do a whole lot so it's not really a problem imo. Give it a few years and I'm sure the steady paycheck will bring Tipper back. Her work history post Expanse isn't exactly stellar either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Really none of the original crew are doing much of anything.

They could make up for Alex being gone by having Bobbie and Clarissa stick around a bit longer apiece, as far as character moments go. He's a great pilot at all but the space battles are a lot bigger in the last 3 books and he spends almost all of book 7 on Medina station anyhow.

Adapting book 9 would also mean we'd get more Miller finally.

I guess we'll see. If they sell/trash the sets, given the work that went into them, that probably makes it a lot less likely. Though they could always do an anime or something. In fact that could make the time jump more believable

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I really wouldn't count on it. Season 6 wasn't exactly stellar, killing Alex is a real pain in the butt for the next few books, and rumor is that Dominique Tipper isn't interested in coming back.

She was posting on Instagram the other day saying how much she missed The Expanse and she's in a new film with Thomas Jane where she posted saying the reunion was nice but lamenting that it wasn't in space.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

and rumor is that Dominique Tipper isn't interested in coming back.

I can't find this anywhere. Only a link from a year ago where she said she absolutely would.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
She is doing the cast reading for the interquel comic, too.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

Adapting book 9 would also mean we'd get more Miller finally.

ok this has to happen now

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Nail Rat posted:

Really none of the original crew are doing much of anything.

Wes is about to be in Star Wars

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Wes is about to be in Star Wars

Yeah, but Wes also runs a podcast with one of the authors and is constantly enthusiastic about all thing Expanse, hard to imagine he’d pass an opportunity to come back.

Glad we’ll be seeing more of him though. Dunno how big a role Thrawn’s henchman will be, but hopefully he’s on screen for a good chunk of time.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

PROP AUCTION PROP AUCTION

https://propstoreauction.com/auctions/catalog/id/377

Everything seems pretty reasonably-priced (except Bobbie's powersuit, currently at four grand and climbing)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Madurai posted:

PROP AUCTION PROP AUCTION

https://propstoreauction.com/auctions/catalog/id/377

Everything seems pretty reasonably-priced (except Bobbie's powersuit, currently at four grand and climbing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

lmao