Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favorite wrestling dad?
This poll is closed.
Arn Anderson 29 27.36%
Yuji Nagata 12 11.32%
Scott Steiner (The Big Booty Daddy) 40 37.74%
Big Daddy Yum Yum 14 13.21%
Other (Post ITT!) 11 10.38%
Total: 106 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

bradzilla posted:

They pushed John Cena as an underdog despite never losing for like a decade so I don't know how this is surprising to anyone.

How can he overcome the odds!?

The money is in the chase even if it lasts 10 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Kaveman posted:

All NXT and former-NXT wrestlers tweeting about how proud they are is so cringe. Even if they really believe what they've wrote it still comes off as corporate mandated and written, which is like the opposite vibe the "underdog" brand should have.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1163843991462469633

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I was told the delay in the NXT announcement last night was due to late negotiations with FOX. So don't give Meltzer a hard time basically.

SOMETHING will air on Smackdown tonight probably what was going to air on Raw.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Holy lmao

Andrade is my boyfriend

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't get it, someone please explain the burn. Im having a rough day at work so my brain don't work the good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

He might not regret it but after watching his G1, I sure do. :geno:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Spikeguy posted:

I don't get it, someone please explain the burn. Im having a rough day at work so my brain don't work the good.

PR person sent Cien a post to post for his twotter. Cien posted it without removing the first line saying "hey post this". LA Park did the same thing.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I will love that 'mistake' every time a celebrity does it

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

rovert posted:

I was told the delay in the NXT announcement last night was due to late negotiations with FOX. So don't give Meltzer a hard time basically.

Seriously, how much is Meltzer paying you for this poo poo?

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I've been poking in and out of Raw and Smackdown every so often when they're on and one thing I notice is they at least have the matches go on for a bit longer than they did the last time I saw a full Raw a few months ago which had mostly terrible backstage segments or promos and then like <5 min matches.

The problem I have is with the way they shoot the matches with all the too frequent constant cuts/angles and shaking and zooming in and out, it's just really annoying as gently caress to watch and I can't really get a feel for the matches or enjoy them as much as I'd like to. I think if they cleaned up the production and allowed the matches to be longish, the product would be so much better even with the mostly lukewarm stories and promos.

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 20, 2019

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

KENTA
KENTA
KENTA
KENTA
KENTA

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dell_Zincht posted:

that user is often highly critical of dave. Zell, let's play the FF8 "remaster" and forget about all this nonsense.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I never used Zell. I used Irvine because he was a cool cowboy with a gun and Quistis because I wanted to marry her.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Dell_Zincht posted:

i thought AEW was paying dave? so Rovert is getting paid by tony khan by proxy? i can't keep track of all the dumbfuck shilling claims from wrestling fans

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

MJeff posted:

I never used Zell. I used Irvine because he was a cool cowboy with a gun and Quistis because I wanted to marry her.

I hated Zell tbf, I just thought the spoonerism of his name was amusing when I was like, 14.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Dell_Zincht posted:

At the risk of posting about posters, I always thought rovert's 'gimmick' if it is a gimmick is to criticize/out-scoop Dave Meltzer, so fair play to him for acknowledging times that Shave Sheltzer isn't a lying shill in the pocket of Big Bucks/Big Flair/Big 90210/Big Roller Derby

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Edge & Christian posted:

At the risk of posting about posters, I always thought rovert's 'gimmick' if it is a gimmick is to criticize/out-scoop Dave Meltzer, so fair play to him for acknowledging times that Shave Sheltzer isn't a lying shill in the pocket of Big Bucks/Big Flair/Big 90210/Big Roller Derby

Fair point, I stand corrected!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Personally im more excited of the prospect that Dave is paying rovert to defend him in Rowdy Ringsports

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Someone, anyone, please pay me to defend you or be fair to you.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dell_Zincht posted:

I hated Zell tbf, I just thought the spoonerism of his name was amusing when I was like, 14.

I'm sorry for calling you Zell.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i just remembered they jobbed out the OC last night, lmao

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Low Desert Punk posted:

If they had to do a clean finish, it's better to pin the OC than either Seth or Braun and I'm happy the main event didn't end in a DQ. Now, why they put this match together in the first place...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Whenever I would call Dell_Zincht Zell, i thought it was a compliment, but it wasn't. i think that's a huge hurdle in becoming friends with each other and i'm not sure if it can be paved over

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

it's so bad

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

rovert posted:

Literally no one was giving him a hard time except dudes like you.

Give me a real scoop - is the wild card bullshit ending or not?

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

rovert's peculiar obsession with an internet wrestling journalist holds a dark mirror to our own peculiar obsession with wrestling itself. furthermore

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-19-2019.html

Raw down 200k viewers from last week. Good thing they’re focused on Raw and not spreading themselves too thin.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-19-2019.html

Raw down 200k viewers from last week. Good thing they’re focused on Raw and not spreading themselves too thin.

Down over half a mil from this time last year

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Tato posted:

It's a rule that only exists when Vince remembers it does so in a way it's both eternal forevermore and already forgotten.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Down over half a mil from this time last year

I wonder what the YOY drop is gonna look like once we pass a year since Crown Jewel.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MJeff posted:

I wonder what the YOY drop is gonna look like once we pass a year since Crown Jewel.

The first blood money show was the greatest royal rumble which was in April I think. We're well over a year in

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's some kinda weird nonsense that when I google 'who is the authority in WWE' I don't get informed that it is actually me and I'm why wrestling sucks now.

Instead I get this weird bullshit about the McMahon family. Whoever those losers are.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

bradzilla posted:

The first blood money show was the greatest royal rumble which was in April I think. We're well over a year in

Yeah, but it took the Khasoggi murder for things to really sink in for a lot of people.

In other news, seems like the dumb no wrestling during commercial breaks workarounds have ended. Let’s all remember that absolute lunacy fondly.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Tato posted:

if you want real scoops i recommend asking CJ2

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Tato posted:

It was supposed to end/greatly lessen after Summerslam.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ad by Khad posted:

if you want real scoops i recommend asking CJ2

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Raw last night had Roman, Ziggler, R-Truth, Carmella, Orton, Mandy, Sonya, and the New Day as wildcards.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

fatherofmustard posted:

Raw last night had Roman, Ziggler, R-Truth, Carmella, Orton, Mandy, Sonya, and the New Day as wildcards.

...Roman's a Smackdown guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my loving God this is amazing.