Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I've only played Buried in Time, but it seems I've lost my CD set for it. I forget, was it 3, 4 or 5 CDs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Make a bloopers video later!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Have you noticed the time machine also displays the energy required to perform each jump? Those are some quite large numbers.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The stupid UIs and stereotypical robotic voices explaining them are constantly breaking immersion. Guys this is taking place several hundred years in the future, voice synthesis will have improved significantly in that time span.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Ugh that bio implant operation video just went on forever. What the heck.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The volume seemed a bit on the low end for me.
You should probably just make a screenshot post of all the reading material, no need to waste video bits on what's essentially text content.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Fish Noise posted:

I already had a vague notion that the second game was a bit wordier but holy poo poo

Hah yeah I don't think I ever read through all this material when I played this years ago.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

But yes a secretive person who purchased artworks at any price, from what just so happens to be the sites of our investigations? It may be related, perhaps even part of the plot.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

At least you always have the option to jump to another time and then back to the starting point of the location you went too far in.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Those scribbles over the Codex Atlanticus seem to relate to design of the cathode ray tube and possibly decoding of color signals in TV broadcast or similar.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

That's a whole lot of unrelated junk you brought back home from the past isn't it?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Fish Noise posted:

oof. 2019, huh?

:tinfoil: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Baghuz_Fawqani

quote:

On 11 March, ISIL fought back with suicide attacks — four jihadists assaulted SDF positions, setting off their explosive belts, though only succeeding in damaging a "minesweeper," according to the SDF.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Well thank you temple guard for patiently explaining everything required to cheat yourself a way past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

I still feel like it wouldn't exactly time distort if some of the locals saw you in the Chameleon suit since they're all gonna get annihilated by an alien fleet in like 24 hours. :v:

But they may not take well to you either, at best flee or not cooperate, at worst attack you.